Where Have The Guilds Gone?

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Where Have The Guilds Gone?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Abigail Rebekah
    @abigail-rebekah

Just wondering…

Does anyone know what has happened to the guilds?

If I was wanting to join one, are they still running and where can I find them?

Thanks πŸ™‚

@anyone-who-wants-to-answer-this

~ Laugh. Drink Coffee. Smile. And Write ~

Evelyn
      @evelyn

@abigail-rebekah As someone who has been in a guild (and is in a guild), I honestly don’t know what happened. The guild masters have kinda died off…? (not literally ha, figuratively) To be fair, I’m sure they are all extremely busy and so is everyone else. πŸ˜›

I think the “groups” which were launched yesterday are suppose to be basically the replacement…? They deleted the guilds page and now have the groups page. From what I can tell it looks like they are transferring the things they tried to have in the guilds (like the word wars) to lessen the responsibilities and for it to be more on the members instead of the leaders.

You might want to check those out. (:

Eden Anderson
      @eden-anderson

@abigail-rebekah What @evelyn said. πŸ˜€

The guilds weren’t shut down but they aren’t accepting new applications. It was getting to be too much for the guild masters and from what I heard, the guilds weren’t really offering anything special or new.

When I first joined SE a little over a year ago (agghh, where did the time go? 😱), my guild was really active but then over summer it kind of died out and never really picked back up again. Maybe that happened to some of the other guilds too. *shrugs* I dunno.

I miss the community and closeness of the guild, but I understand why they were (kind of) closed down.

"But how could you live and have no story to tell?" - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Evelyn
      @evelyn

@abigail-rebekah What @eden-anderson said. πŸ˜‰

Eden Anderson
      @eden-anderson

@evelyn. Wow. That was profound. πŸ˜œπŸ˜‚ jk, jk!

Abigail Rebekah
      @abigail-rebekah

@evelyn @eden-anderson

Thanks for what @both-of-you said πŸ˜‰

That’s kinda sad as I was potentially going to join one in the near future xD…but at least there are the groups now πŸ™‚ It makes sense though.

~ Laugh. Drink Coffee. Smile. And Write ~

Evelyn
        @evelyn

@abigail-rebekah Glad to be of service!

*fancy bow*

Eden Anderson
        @eden-anderson

@abigail-rebekah You’re welcome! And yeah, that is sad. I’m sorry you never got to experience the guilds. πŸ˜” But I hope you have a really good experience on SE anyway!!

Laurel
        @law0413

Hey guys!
        I like dropped off the face of the earth for a while and my guild hasn’t been active for 3 months. Missing my Avensers :/ so what’s up with the groups and how do you join?

Always searching.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest