Where do you read new poetry?

Forums Poetry Poetry Discussions Where do you read new poetry?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Rachel Rogers
    @scribbles

Basically what the title says… Where do you go to read new poetry (excepting SE because that’s obvious, okay)? Is there a website you go to? Do you follow poets on Instagram? Do you subscribe to poets.org’s Poem-a-Day? Do you check out books of poetry from the library? Do follow any poetry blogs? Etc….

Tagging a few people who might have some ideas:

@cindy
      @raemarie @sir-leeds @mariposa @daeus-lamb @christieaton

Ambiverted INFP. Scribbles all the words. Names the plant friends. Secretly Edna the Piguirrel.

Sir Leeds
      @sir-leeds

Hey @scribbles I usually start with an anthology of some kind and read until I find what I like. Then I research the authors of my favorites and find their work. My favorites lately have been U. S. Poet Laureates, so it’s been easy to find book collections of their work.

"We are far too easily pleased." - C. S. Lewis

RaeMarie
      @raemarie

Well, @scribbles.  I don’t know. I usually find poetry on social media and read it. Old books in the abandoned part of the library, other than that, I don’t really read much poetry. :/ I wish I did though! I just never can find the time!

INFP-T. Christ follower, music lover, a dreamer of Middle Earth..........

Mariposa Aristeo
      @mariposa

@scribbles Other than a certain awesome poet I follow on Instagram called Hazel Stenographer 😉, and Story Embers, I really don’t read poetry anywhere else. 😅

Rachel Rogers
      @scribbles

@sir-leeds Oh, yes. I love anthologies. There’s a whole shelf dedicated to them on my bookshelf. 🙂

@raemarie
        Finding time is *such* a struggle. I have the Complete Poems of Robert Frost on my bookshelf, and I just never seem to get around to reading it through. 😛 The abandoned part of your library sounds cool. We used to live near a country library with a book sale room that always had a box or two of especially old books that were marked “FREE.” I may or may not have raided that box quite a lot. xD

@mariposa
        Yeah, I just wish Hazel Stenographer would get her act together and post stuff more often. xP

Ambiverted INFP. Scribbles all the words. Names the plant friends. Secretly Edna the Piguirrel.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest