When Are the Guilds Opening?

Forums General Site Info Announcements When Are the Guilds Opening?

• This topic has 12 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Sink.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Daeus Lamb
    @daeus-lamb

Welcome to the Story Embers forum!

I’m excited to get to know all of you and fight alongside you in our culture war and race to become the best writers we can be.

Probably one of the big things that attracted you to this forum was that you heard we were going to have guilds. So when are these guilds going to open?

Well, I write this the day of the forum launching and at this point we’ve decided to wait 1-2 weeks before we open the guilds. This will give us time to divvyΒ you all up into your respective guilds. We want to take time to do this to make sure we balance the guilds as best we can.

For now, if you plan to join a guild, go ahead and hop over to the thread in the Announcements section of this forum titled “SIGN UP FOR THE GUILDS.” There, you can fill out a short form and we’ll get you assigned to a guild as soon as possible.

I can’t wait, guys! These guilds are going to be awesome.

πŸ˜€
    πŸ‘•πŸ‘
    πŸ‘– 🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒

K.M. Small
    @morreafirebird

@daeus-lamb I was just about to go ask someone about this. Thanks πŸ˜›

~ Khylie
    "Beauty will save the world." - Dostoevsky

R.M. Archer
    @r-m-archer

Is that signup form different from the one under the “Guilds” tab? Do I need to fill out both?

Fantasy/dystopian/sci-fi author. Mythology nerd. ENFP. Singer.

Daeus Lamb
    @daeus-lamb

@r-m-archer The form to fill out is here. https://storyembers.org/guilds/topic/sign-up-for-the-guilds-here/

πŸ˜€
    πŸ‘•πŸ‘
    πŸ‘– 🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒

overcomer
    @overcomer

So our guild will be chosen for us, @daeus-lamb ?Β I was wondering about that.

Will we be able to switch guilds in the future? I was thinking that some people may want to be in the same guild as a close friend, or they might find the guild they’re in isn’t a good fit for them, or eventually, as the early guild members grow more experienced in writing they may want to join guilds with newer writers in order to balance things out.

Daeus Lamb
      @daeus-lamb

@overcomer At the end of each year, there will be an opportunity to switch guilds, though the hope is that you will stick with one guild for life.

We want to keep good friends together in guilds and will keep that as a consideration, but in order to get an even distribution of people it will be necessary to split some people up. Everyone can still interact together on the general forum though.

πŸ˜€
      πŸ‘•πŸ‘
      πŸ‘– 🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒

overcomer
      @overcomer

Okay, @daeus-lamb .Β Sounds good to me. πŸ™‚

Lady Iliara
        @lady-iliara

@daeus-lamb The guilds are opening today, right?

ENFJ, Aethasian, and chocolate-Pringle-nerd-blob of epic. Greet at your own risk. *trips on a rock*

Elizabeth
          @elizabeth

Where are the guilds? I need guilds!

*sits down and waits patiently*

*lies*

*is impatient but is sitting down anyway*

INTP. Writer of fantasy and sci-fi. Wannabe artist. Anime geek. Merakian.

Snapper
          @snapper

@daeus-lamb did my guild application ever get submitted? I did the application on my iPad and it never told me whether it was submitted or not. πŸ˜›

*melts chair*

Sink
            @sarah-inkdragon

So, @daeus-lamb, is there like a page where I can read about what the guilds are like, or maybe a topic? I just wanted to know a bit more about them. Also, will I along with all the other people that signed up late get put in the guilds this month(May) or next, or whenever…

Thanks!

*vader vibes*

Daeus Lamb
            @daeus-lamb

@sarah-inkdragon Sure. I thought I had a post on this, but I can’t seem to find it. I won’t cover everything, but here are the basics.

• Your guild gets its own private subforum to interact on.
            • Your guild participates in “guild wars” — these are writing competitions meant to help you write more/learn to write better.
            • It’s expected that you will form a tight-knit group and will keep each other accountable and stick together through your writing journeys.
            • You’ll get to develop your own subculture that makes your guild special.
            • Every week, your guildmaster will start a new thread on your guild’s annual theme (it could be suspense, prose — whatever your guild has chosen). Each new thread will be a discussion topic on that theme, a resource recommendation, homework to study the topic, etc. The goal is that by the end of the year you will be an expert on that subject.

πŸ˜€
            πŸ‘•πŸ‘
            πŸ‘– 🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒

Sink
            @sarah-inkdragon

@daeus-lamb

Thanks!

*vader vibes*

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest