fb

what’s up

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Ella
    @writergirl101

Hello everybody, I’m Ella.  I am between 1 and 100, I live in the middle of the northern hemisphere, and I write books… well, more like the first chapter.  Genres I write in include speculative fiction, thriller/suspense, dystopian, and anything else that interests me.  🙂

I suffer from chronic writer’s block (kidding) and I’m a huge perfectionist.  I am transitioning to a classical Christian school from homeschooling for most of my life.  Besides writing, I love sports, cats, rainy days, trailer music, and book clubs.  I also love to collaborate on books (mostly with my sister, who does nothing, so that technically doesn’t count :/) and I enjoy beta-reading people’s manuscripts.

So excited to get to know y’all!

Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn.

Arindown (Gracie)
    @arindown

@writergirl101

Hey Ella! Welcome to Story Embers! I’m so excited to meet you.

I’m also a sports and cats lover. How many cats do you have? I have 6 at the moment. Three adults (Puma, Caracal, and Aryil), and three 2 week old kittens (Aravis, Alia, and Ralee). What’s your favorite sport? My favorite to watch is American football, and my favorites to play are softball and hockey.

Tell us more about your stories. Do you have any that you’re writing at the moment? Have you had any new and fantastic inspirations lately? Who’s your favorite character (if you can pick one out😆)?

Not all those who wander are lost.

@writergirl101

Hey, cool that you found this and joined us all! 🙂 I’ve been on here for a while, and it’s great for giving me motivation and answering some of my questions concerning writing. Hope you have a ton of fun on here. After you figure it all out, that is. Lol. It took me a LONG time to figure it all out and get comfortable, so if you have any questions about anything, ask away!

I write short contemporary stories, and longer stories in fiction. They’re definitely my favourite genres to write in, though I suppose I haven’t really tried anything else… 😛 😉 I posted one of my short stories on here, and I think I called the post: have you ever met a fish murderer? It’s pretty funny, if I do say so myself, and I’m working on another story now. So if you want a short story to read for fun, head on over and tell me what you think. 🙂 But no pressure at all.

What is your current novel about? (Or, since you apparently write only the first chapters, what are the synopses of some stories you’ve begun?) 😉

Even the smallest person can change the course of the future. -JRR Tolkien

Ella
    @writergirl101

I only have two cats at the moment, one who lives outside and one (profile picture) who goes in and out when she wants.  Both were recues (of sorts).  The first one, Gizmo, was living outside when we bought our house (the previous owners just left her!), so we’re taking care of her while she’s in her twilight years, at 16 or 17.  Jasmine stopped by and never left.  We tried to find her owners, but no one came to get her, so we just kept her.  She’s so sassy and really picky with her food, but she’s awesome.  That sounds so fun to have 6 cats!  Aravis is a cool name.  Isn’t Caracal from Narnia, too?

For sports, I enjoy watching football and basketball.  I’m going to run track and field this year, as well as play on the basketball team (if all goes according to plan).  I kinda stink at volleyball, but it’s fun!

Well, I always have one or two ideas going, but I have this concept about a girl who lives in an abandoned house with her dog in the middle of nowhere.  She is oblivious to everything in the outside world, because she can’t escape the mountains.  She makes herself “part of the family” (of the people who had lived there previously).  One day, another person stumbles across her path and changes her life.  It sounds weird, but it’s a speculative/post-apocalyptic story, so it’ll hopefully work itself out.

I have the framework in my head, so we’ll see what happens as I elaborate.  I’ll post the first chapter when I write it.

I don’t know if I can pick a favorite character, I have so many!  I always like my male heroes, however! 😛  Unless they’re the villains.

Ok, now Olivia’s turn!  P.S.  I’ve actually written about two Olivias. 🙂

Thanks, I definitely will!  I’m just looking at everyone else’s posts and using those as guidelines.

I’ve had a lot of contemporary ideas, but I can never seem to capture the right mood of the story (because they’re usually sentimental).  I guess I should keep trying them–I do love reading contemporary, though!

I read your short story and I love it!  It’s so cute!  I love writing about memories (slightly modified, of course).  What is your current story?  Or can you not say? 😉

*pause as I reread it* Wow.  Sorry that’s so long, ha!

Btw, what inspires y’all most? (With characters, concepts, settings, etc.)

Ella
    @writergirl101

I already have a question, ha!  Actually, two.

Ok, so y’all know how you can reply to multiple people in one post?  Do you tag them, write, then repeat?  Or…idk

Second question, how do become part of a group?  Do you need an invite?

I bet this stuff is right in front of me, and I’m just missing it… 🙂

Arindown (Gracie)
    @arindown

@writergirl101

I don’t want to steal Olivia’s questions…but, you can tag as many people as you like on one post. Mostly, I just copy and paste their tag, and then just write below it. It all depends on what you’re doing. There’s really no rules about that stuff.😄

And groups…some groups (Word Wars) you have to sign up for or something (I actually haven’t done it), but to join a regular group you just have to click forums, find the group you want, and the join button should be just below the picture (I think).

Tag me if you post your first chapter!

Hope that helps!

Also, I know how hard it is to pick a favorite character. I actually have one (because he’s the one and only Kyerin, and that much better than everyone else😆). He’s my MC’s Dad, and he’s just incredible (author bias😉). Btw his daughter’s name is Ella.😊 I really love your name.

Not all those who wander are lost.

Ella
    @writergirl101

@arindown

Thank you!  I love your username, btw.

I definitely will tag you!

What stories are you working on?  And what genres do you write?

I like my name meaning:  beautiful fairy! =)  ( it also means “all” in German, but I like the other meaning better ;))

Mel
    @melodyjoy

@writergirl101

HELLO!!!!!!!

I am Melody! (Wanna know more about me? Just check out my intro page… lol I also have tons of cute pics of my pets on there, a couple pages in, lol)

Welcome to SE!

yeah tagging was SOO confusing for me for a super long time lol but looks like you got a good hang of it 🙂

TWINS!!!! I stink at volleyball too 😉 lol

Right now I am writing a contemporary fiction. I posted the first part of it in that group so maybe you can read it. I titled the post as my story chapter 1 first half  (great name right?)

Well ttyl (Talk to you later)!!!

MEL

Life is short, smile while you still have teeth!

Ella
    @writergirl101

@melodyjoy

Hi Mel!  I just looked at your posts…wow!  You have a lot of pets!  I also have a parakeet (or budgie), a hamster, and two fish, aside from the cats.

I read your story (yep, all my stories have WIP titles) — great job!  I really want to know what happens to Chloe!  I also have a hunch that Lucas is going to help her through her depression and frustration… am I right?  I also love the way you make the dialogue realistic.  It sounds like a normal conversation (which is good in this case 🙂 ).  I hate it when characters talk like they’re in a different time period.

TTFN (ta ta for now 😉 )!!

Beth Darlene
    @beth20

Welcome, Ella! Love your name btw! I hope you find the site helpful! If/when you post something you’ve written you can tag me so I can read it!!

Jominkreesa! For the weirdos who know what it means! 😉 I love you guys!

Ella
    @writergirl101

@beth20

Hi Beth!  I will <span style=”display: inline !important; float: none; background-color: #ffffff; color: #333333; font-family: Georgia,’Times New Roman’,’Bitstream Charter’,Times,serif; font-size: 16px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: left; text-decoration: none; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px;”>definitely</span> tag you.

Btw, I read your chapters and they remind me a lot of the Spiderwick Chronicles.  I’m looking forward to more!

Beth Darlene
    @beth20

Thanks!

Yeah, the Spiderwick chronicles were a big inspiration! I started writing my book when I was like ten, so yeah lol! I will tag you when I post the third chapter!

Ella
    @writergirl101

@beth20

Great!  Yeah, I wrote this one book with my sister and friend when I was ten as well.  It was so bad, haha!

Real quick, did all that weird stuff pop up on your screen <span style=”display: inline !important; float: none; background-color: #ffffff; color: #333333; font-family: Georgia,’Times New Roman’,’Bitstream Charter’,Times,serif; font-size: 16px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: left; text-decoration: none; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px;”>on my post</span>, or was it just mine?  It’s a bunch of symbols and stuff.

Beth Darlene
    @beth20

Haha yeah, if you saw my first draft (which will never happen XD) you would be shocked lol!

Yeah, it did, not sure what that is…

Ella
    @writergirl101

@beth20

Same!!  I saved it all (thankfully), so it’s kinda fun to look back over everything and appreciate how you’ve grown. 😉

Yeah I have no idea what that is.  Maybe I’ll restart my computer…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest