fb

What’s everyone been up to?

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions What’s everyone been up to?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Erynne
    @erynne

Hello citizens. Either SE has been pretty slow lately (most likely due to finals for the end of the school year) or I’ve somehow missed all the action.

I was just wondering what everyone has been up to lately in the writing world.

So, what have we been up to?

@noah-cochran

@obrian-of-the-surface-world

@rose-colored-fancy

@emma-walker

@kimlikesart

@this-is-not-an-alien

@ragnarok

@hannahrenner

@rusted-knight

(gotta get all the siblings in there)

@everyone

Be weird. Be random. Be who you are. Because you ever know who would love the person you hide.

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@erynne

So, what have we been up to?

Yeah, finals. *Weeps*

I hit the worst writing block I’ve ever had a while ago. Writing felt less like something I did for fun and more like an extremely unpleasant chore, so I didn’t write a word for a week, and finally did all the non-writing things I’d been neglecting. It’s helped a lot, I just started getting back into it!

I’m drafting the finale of book 3, I still have a couple of chapters left!

Without darkness, there is no light. If there was no nighttime, would the stars be as bright?

Cathy
    @this-is-not-an-alien

Oh that! Yeah I was viciously murdered so I have to solve my murder as a ghost but I still have to attend classes coz even if you’re dead your grades still have to be good 🙂

I hit the worst writing block I’ve ever had a while ago. Writing felt less like something I did for fun and more like an extremely unpleasant chore, so I didn’t write a word for a week, and finally did all the non-writing things I’d been neglecting. It’s helped a lot, I just started getting back into it!

Hey you actually took your own advice that I was about to wack you with! *sensai pose* It’s important to take breaks if it stopped being fun and that’s not giving up that’s setting it for later when you’ll enjoy it 🙂

You inhuman tortellini

To be a light to the world you must shine in the darkness.

Noah Cochran
    @noah-cochran

@erynne

Travel, college, headache-giving-adobe-programs, repeat.

Writing as taken a backseat for me as I put my focus on the adobe programs, but I plan to return to my winter writing schedule this May. I was able to write the first 12k words of book 2 of my series this month, though. So I’ve done a little.

Oh, and keep up that 1k word a day plan, Erynne! Consistency truly is the key, and a consistent 1k a day will get you a novel or two or three a year.

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@this-is-not-an-alien

Hey you actually took your own advice that I was about to wack you with! *sensai pose* It’s important to take breaks if it stopped being fun and that’s not giving up that’s setting it for later when you’ll enjoy it

I know, it’s practically a miracle that I took advice! XD Yes, you’re unfortunately right (as usual) It was worth it, I actually want to write again!

You inhuman tortellini

*Bows while sweeping cloak* None other.

@noah-cochran

Writing as taken a backseat for me as I put my focus on the adobe programs, but I plan to return to my winter writing schedule this May.

Adobe and Microsoft programs are truly the bane of existence. Just, in general. What programs are you trying to learn?

And I’m going to pass along Cathy’s sage advice. Don’t feel bad about putting writing on the back burner for a while now and then.  Good luck with it though!

Without darkness, there is no light. If there was no nighttime, would the stars be as bright?

Noah Cochran
    @noah-cochran

@rose-colored-fancy

Adobe and Microsoft programs are truly the bane of existence. Just, in general. What programs are you trying to learn?

Adobe Illustrator for the art,  Adobe After Effects for the animations, and Adobe Premiere (or its free counterpart Davinci Resolve 17) for final content arranging and rendering. Have you worked with Adobe much? I know Photoshop is the favorite for many, but I personally prefer Illustrator for art.

Erynne
    @erynne

@rose-colored-fancy

Yeah, finals. *Weeps*

Alright, you don’t have to rub it in!

*weeps over lack of finals*

Oof, that’s tough. I wish there was a magical cure for writer’s block. Maybe I’ll have to do some research and make that a newsletter topic…

I’m glad you survived it!

That’s fantastic! Go you!

@noah-cochran

What kind of travelling are you doing? Is it the good kind? XD I love traveling.

Writing as taken a backseat for me as I put my focus on the adobe programs, but I plan to return to my winter writing schedule this May. I was able to write the first 12k words of book 2 of my series this month, though. So I’ve done a little.

Hey, that’s great! That’s a lot more than “a little.” Sometimes a break is needed.

Oh, and keep up that 1k word a day plan, Erynne! Consistency truly is the key, and a consistent 1k a day will get you a novel or two or three a year.

Thanks! I hope to! I only wrote about 500 last night, but I will probably make up for it tonight. I need to make sure I get to bed earlier 😂

@this-is-not-an-alien

Oh that! Yeah I was viciously murdered so I have to solve my murder as a ghost but I still have to attend classes coz even if you’re dead your grades still have to be good 🙂

Well of course. I expect nothing less than perfection!

Hey you actually took your own advice that I was about to wack you with! *sensai pose* It’s important to take breaks if it stopped being fun and that’s not giving up that’s setting it for later when you’ll enjoy it 🙂

Oh, is that why you have so many assignments to catch up on?

DON’T HURT, ME IM KIDDING!!!

• This reply was modified 7 months, 2 weeks ago by Erynne.

Be weird. Be random. Be who you are. Because you ever know who would love the person you hide.

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@noah-cochran

Adobe Illustrator for the art,  Adobe After Effects for the animations, and Adobe Premiere (or its free counterpart Davinci Resolve 17) for final content arranging and rendering. Have you worked with Adobe much? I know Photoshop is the favorite for many, but I personally prefer Illustrator for art.

Ohhh, that’s awesome! What kind of art and animation are you working on?

I used to use Photoshop for a while but eventually abandoned it in favor of Krita. Not only is it free, but I also find it much more intuitive since it doesn’t have all the extra tools for photo editing. It also has some great animation tools that I’ve messed around with some! (I haven’t gotten beyond a very basic bouncing ball animation though XD)

It’s a pretty popular program, it has great quality and it’s pretty easy to find YouTube tutorials for how to set it up for animation/painting!

@erynne

Yeah, finals. *Weeps*

Alright, you don’t have to rub it in!

*weeps over lack of finals*

How is that something to cry about? XD Enjoy your freedom XD

Oof, that’s tough. I wish there was a magical cure for writer’s block. Maybe I’ll have to do some research and make that a newsletter topic…

I’m glad you survived it!

Thanks, I find something that works well for me is giving myself a bit more grace. Either letting myself write something terrible or just letting myself take a break. Sometimes working on another project for a bit also helps!

Another awesome cure is to watch a new show or read a new book. I started watching “Haikyuu!!” and it cured my art block and writer’s block instantly XD I finished a painting in two sittings and got excited to write again. 1000/10 would recommend. XD

Erynne
    @erynne

@rose-colored-fancy

How is that something to cry about? XD Enjoy your freedom XD

I HAVE NOT HAD A TEST IN uhh, 3rd grade….minus seven… twenty- nineteen…. carry the two…multiply by twelve… five, six. SIX YEARS SINCE I’VE HAD A TEST!!! NOTHING! I WAS THE WEIRDO WHO ENJOYED THAT STUFF IN PUBLIC SCHOOL, THEN I GET PULLED OUT TO NEVER BE SEEN AGAIN!

Luckily I get them back next year! 🙂

Another awesome cure is to watch a new show or read a new book. I started watching “Haikyuu!!” and it cured my art block and writer’s block instantly XD I finished a painting in two sittings and got excited to write again. 1000/10 would recommend. XD

Ah, interesting. I’ll have to check into out! Tell me, how would you pronounce that?

• This reply was modified 7 months, 2 weeks ago by Erynne.

Noah Cochran
    @noah-cochran

@erynne

What kind of travelling are you doing? Is it the good kind?

Nope, the ‘I’m on the run from the law kind.’

Yes, the good kind. 🙃 We travel to PB church meetings quite often.

@rose-colored-fancy

What kind of art and animation are you working on?

Nothing that could be considered truly artistic in the adept painter-and illustrator type way. It’s just basic character art with basic backgrounds and the such. Transferring the art to after effects and animating it in an efficient way is what I’m stuck in right now. The animations are very basic (character movement, arm movement, things like that).

It’s a pretty popular program, it has great quality and it’s pretty easy to find YouTube tutorials for how to set it up for animation/painting!

I’ll add it to my list of free programs to check out.

I have free access to adobe programs through the career tech school I’m taking classes in, so I’m taking advantage of that while I can.

Erynne
    @erynne

@noah-cochran

Nope, the ‘I’m on the run from the law kind.’

I could see that. An axe murderer lives on the run

Yes, the good kind. 🙃 We travel to PB church meetings quite often.

Oh cool! That’s always fun.

Do you want to know what excessive boredom is? Getting so bored I turn on one of you videos. That is like a new record of boredom.

However, I got put on a job so I am taking shelves off the wall now while listening to your book reviews through one ear (cuz my earbuds broke) and rock music through the other (cuz my mom has the radio on)

See! I’m a halfway supportive friend!

Ohhhh good song!!

R.M. Archer
    @r-m-archer

@erynne

I’ve been working a new job that’s been zapping my energy, lol. It’s not bad work–I groom horses and do some maintenance stuff on an equine farm–but it is pretty draining. On the other hand, having a lot of my time taken up has pushed me to make better use of the time I have left over and I’ve been able to get some platform-building stuff done that I’d been putting off. I’ve also been working through the final copy-edits on my book (which is releasing in less than two months?? What??) and I’ve started making headway again on a non-fiction book I’m writing.

I’m grateful for the job, the push it’s given me, the paycheck enabling me to invest in other Christian authors… but I also miss working on my creative endeavors full-time, lol.

Speculative fiction author. Mythology nerd. Worldbuilding enthusiast. Singer. Fan of classic literature.

Noah Cochran
    @noah-cochran

@erynne

Do you want to know what excessive boredom is?

I haven’t experience that in ages. Too busy.

Getting so bored I turn on one of you videos. That is like a new record of boredom.

You’ve gotta be more than bored to watch that rubbish.

book reviews through one ear (cuz my earbuds broke) and rock music through the other (cuz my mom has the radio on)

Okay, first off, that’s just crazy. Second it off, you’re crazy for watching those videos. xD I keep meaning to delete them and I keep forgetting.

Erynne
    @erynne

@noah-cochran

You’ve gotta be more than bored to watch that rubbish

It’s fun watching you dramatically push a book across a chair! You weak little girl 😏

Okay, first off, that’s just crazy. Second it off, you’re crazy for watching those videos.

I AM CRAZY!!!!

How exactly is that crazy? (The first part)

I keep meaning to delete them and I keep forgetting.

NO NO NO!!! NOAH COCHRAN, YOU LEAVE THOSE VIDEOS RIGHT WHERE THEY ARE!!! IF YOU TOUCH THEM I WILL DRIVE TO COLUMBIA AND SLAP YOU! AND I ONLY LIVE THREE HOURS AWASO THAT’S NOT EVEN THAT OUTRAGEOUS SOUNDING!

LEAVE. THEM. ALONE.

Noah Cochran
    @noah-cochran

@erynne

How exactly is that crazy?

Music and youtube at once = crazy.

NO NO NO!!! NOAH COCHRAN, YOU LEAVE THOSE VIDEOS RIGHT WHERE THEY ARE!!! IF YOU TOUCH THEM I WILL DRIVE TO COLUMBIA AND SLAP YOU! AND I ONLY LIVE THREE HOURS AWASO THAT’S NOT EVEN THAT OUTRAGEOUS SOUNDING!

🙃🙃🙃Too late.🙃🙃🙃They’re all gone.🙃🙃🙃

However, I do plan on putting out a youtube video of another sort in the next couple months, so you’re welcome to spend your time watching that instead. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest