fb

What would a dorm full of guys look like?

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions What would a dorm full of guys look like?

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    Anne of Lothlorien
    @anne-of-lothlorien

@ericawordsmith – I… kinda got lost with all the MBTI initials and stuff. I don’t understand as much of it as othe rpeople. But I think I agree with most of it. And what you wrote here… “Yet I’m not quite an INFP either… I think being an ENFP is like being a really quirky INFP. I’m sort of borderline INFP, but I don’t have stage fright and I have a mischievous streak, so there ya’ go.” applies PERFECTLY to me! I go back and forth between getting an I or and E on the test depending on how I’m feeling when I take it.

YOU SAID YOU WERE ENGAGED? WHY DID I NOT THINK OF THAT?

Seriously, I’ve been paired up, by my friends and family, without about every guy in our church within ten years of my age. I just smile and nod and say ‘Yes, he’s nice.’ People think they’ve got you to confess, but then they get confused when you admit it with more than one person. And I have no qualms at admitting that guys are nice, because almost 100% of the ones I know personally are.

Oh, camp memories… *grins* I have a million of them. Like the time we all got superficial cuts on our arms and legs from going down the pool slide face first onto the inflatable kiwi slice. Or the time one of my friends capsized her kayak in the canal. Or the time we spent two hours singing Disney songs in the dark at the gym.

In all togetherness, I’d probably have the stubbornness of Gimli, the mischievous nature and fun loving-ness of Pippin, the loyalty of Sam, the dramatic flair of Legolas, and hopefully the perseverance of Frodo.

I'm short, I like words, and I love people.
    No, I didn't draw my profile pic.

Liana J. Douglas
    @lianajdouglas

Just for reference, the ENFP personality is constantly undecided if they are an introvert or an extravert. If you’re struggling to figure out if you are an ENFP or an INFP, I’m gonna bet that you are an ENFP. They always argue this point with me, though… because the type enjoys feeling introverted sometimes. I’d say that 95% of ENFPs you meet will say that they are borderline E/I, while when you talk to an INFP, they will act extraverted and full of energy for a while, but almost always tell you that they are definitely an introvert.</p>
    Sorry, I tend to rant on this stuff quite a bit. XD

Artist. Actress. Fantasy Fiction. MBTI Nerd. Star Wars. Marvel Films. Piano. Jesus Freak.

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@lianajdouglas Wow that’s very interesting and very relatable. 😂😂👍

Liana J. Douglas
    @lianajdouglas

@evelyn

*nods* Glad you think so. XD

Artist. Actress. Fantasy Fiction. MBTI Nerd. Star Wars. Marvel Films. Piano. Jesus Freak.

Parker Hankins
    @parker

@ericawordsmith, yes!! Like that sounds a lot like me!

@lianajdouglas
    , oh, thanks for that!! 😀

Living in a world of mystery and dangerous predicaments while working with the AWESOME Meraki's.

EricaWordsmith
    @ericawordsmith

Whew… I need to write a lot of responses now…

Sorry this is late guys, was at a conference all week where I both did not have the time or internet to respond, so here we go!! Also, this could take time to get all these written out… Life is not calming down yet and I need sleep to survive so ha ha. 🙂

@anne-of-lothlorien

Don’t worry, I’ve barely done enough research to really have a grasp on anything really yet… Cognitive functions is my next hurdle to get down pat. XD

Yes. *Dons sparkly silver halo and smiles angelically. Halo slips over one ear and bobbles on the curtsy.* I did, and my sister was actually asking me when the wedding was today. I explained that it needed to be the fifteenth month of the year, the thirty-second day of the month on the sixth week. XD Me and Buck Eese haven’t finished working out all the details yet, but I’ll be sure to invite you when we send out the invitations. XD

Oh help, those sound awesome!!! Those are the moments that stay with you and make you laugh at all the wrong times… I’ve now made a bunch of new conference/camp memories this past week… One sitting in the dorms taking a selfie with The Tolkien Friend with an umbrella and a ball cap on my head (both of us in formal clothing). Or trying to glare at a couple of kids who were disrespectfully talking loud enough that we ould hear them in a session and not being able to keep a straight face. Or sitting in a tiny pop up trailer bed nook under the loft stairs with a couple of girls in their twenties (an ESTJ? and an ENTJ) during a thunderstorm with rain leaking through a window and soaking my hair discussing MBTI and life in general. It was all awesome…

Yes!! I’d say I have the personality of Frodo with a streak of Pippin, Sam’s loyalty, a bit of Gimli’s Gimliness. I guess that’s the ENFP for you… It’s weird how much I’ve been relating to Frodo after watching LOTR again. His willingness to go it alone and desperately wants help because he can’t do it alone but won’t ask it of anyone, that is so me… Or the way he doesn’t just fit in with everybody else, he’s generally the one who loves friendship, tackles his friends with hugs, but will pull away from others too.

@lianajdouglas

Yep yep. That’s very true. I actually do sometimes get INFP on the test, but most the time ENFP. And keep on ranting girl!! I’m enjoying it!! 😀

O.K. ENTJ must be the most Gimli-ish because the other ENTJ I asked was Gimli.  XD I love Gimli… John Rhys Davies… He’s my favorite actor hands down. I could listen to his voice all day…

O.K. Great!! I know there’s already much said about this, but if you are an NTJ (esp INTJ) beware, you are a magnet to ENFPs. I suppose y’all had better learn to like us back because the majority of the time we make a beeline for y’all. XD There are exceptions, but it is there… the people I know who are ENTJs and INTJs, especially the ones I’ve met in real life… Man, I just love y’all, you seriously have a weird way of working like clockwork with my ENFP personality. O.K. Said that, done saying odd things. XD For now.

*Flips over two feet of hair as well* Yes I totally agree!! That is very much one of my mottos, and part of the reason I love being with NTJs: Y’all are like me, but not like me in a way that is mentally thrilling. XD

O.K. That sounded very close to home… I’ve been playing piano for about that timeframe, I’ve got beginning violinist siblings (woe!) and my dad is the guitar player in our family. My mom plays piano, and I’m the one who owns the cello and is dying to take lessons… so looking forward to this fall when I can start…

Well… Family films are weird. XD XD XD I was watching a ton of clips from a talent show that I haven’t finished compiling and was dying of laughter yesterday. My brother and I really had fun with him being the pizza man who kept coming back onto the show with different disguises to advertise his pizza shack, and I was the pianist in a nightgown/cap with a pillow for extra padding. It was having me howl over our horrible performances. So if your family generally has the idea that they’re odd, well, they probably are right. XD I just happen to have siblings who enjoy doing really weird things (following my leading actually… I tend to be the director of these videos).

And one more thing, the ramble on MBTI wasn’t annoying!!!!!! I seriously do not mind so keep on rambling whenever you want. 😀

Tek an ohta! Tek an cala!

Liana J. Douglas
    @lianajdouglas

@ericawordsmith

XD That’s interesting. I gotta say, Gimli isn’t a perfect fit, but he’s probably the closest out of the fellowship. If you look up MBTI personalities for LOTR characters, ENTJ almost always ends up being Sauron or Saruman. Laughs  We’re just a very villain-esque type, I guess. XD But yeah, I agree there… John Rhys Davies is a very great actor. He’s super fun to study in films.

Chuckles  Ya, figured that out. ENFPs are fun. You guys get a little exhausting after a while, but sometimes that’s helpful. I was awake until like midnight last night discussing something with my best friend (ENFP) and she’s a total morning person and was getting very sidetracked in the midst of her argumentation. It was kinda funny. 😉

XD I considered learning cello but then I realized that it’d just be another thing that keeps me from writing and stuff… so… yup. 😉 Maybe someday.

Yeahh, my family has a strange sense of humor. As in, they sorta don’t have one. Okay, that’s not exactly true, but I doubt most of us would find family films funny watching them later. At least, my parents probably wouldn’t. My family’s humor is based more on… real life blunders and interaction. So we don’t really make up something funny just for the sake of being funny. Shrug  It’s more… memory/past experience oriented, I guess. (But yeah, I’m always the one who ends up in charge of stuff like that, too. XD)

Alright, awesome. XD I love finding people that are actually interested in this stuff. 😉 I’ve just recently (like over the past three months) been studying cognitive functions and the original MBTI type theory intensely. So I’m nowhere near an expert on the subject. But I have found that people who really dig into it believe that personality type doesn’t change at all. And I’m rather inclined to believe them based on what I’ve seen. So like, when someone says that their personality is changing… it actually isn’t. It’s just that they are developing their cognitive functions to a deeper level if that makes sense.

If you’re interested in learning more about the cognitive functions, an excellent place to start would be:

https://www.typeinmind.com/

😉 This is where I started. It gives a pretty good explanation of the functions and how they work.

Anne of Lothlorien
    @anne-of-lothlorien

@ericawordsmith – Oh, do make sure to include me on the guest list. And, if you could, real gold lettering and highlights would be nice. I need something expensive to give as collateral for the new time machine part I have to pay for.

Ah, camping. It’s the best. I’m so excited because I go every year with my second family, our church family, and it’s such a blast. All your memories sound awesome!

Isn’t that funny… if you think about memories. How two people can have totally separate memories of something that give them the exact same kind of feel. Or how two people will have a memory of the same thing that happened, just not from the same perspective.

I’ve been playing the piano for twelve years… just wanted to throw that out there for general information since we seem to be talking about instruments.

I'm short, I like words, and I love people.
    No, I didn't draw my profile pic.

Parker Hankins
    @parker

Since y’all decided to mention instruments and I have an obsession for piano and Erin Bates, I thought I’d just say I play the piano! XD! I blog and YouTube about it. I’ve been playing for about eight years–since I was six–learning how to play by ear. Later I learned how to read notes, but playing by ear is my all time favorite. I always say the pianist who play by ear are the very best. (Example: Erin Bates. Greg Howlett.)

Here’s a video of me when I won a talent show recently.

Living in a world of mystery and dangerous predicaments while working with the AWESOME Meraki's.

Liana J. Douglas
    @lianajdouglas

@parker

wHOA THAT IS AMAZING. I mean, I love playing by ear and everything, but I honestly don’t know if I could ever play that well. God has given you one amazing talent there. Part of me wants to ask if you have music for that so I could learn it and the other part of me dreads asking because I’d probably never be able to do it justice. 😉

I’ve seen/met a ton of great pianists, but rarely one so young as you. Random question… do you have perfect pitch? Cause like, I’ve only ever seen amazing pianists this young that have perfect pitch and are just more in tune with music.

Parker Hankins
    @parker

@lianajdouglas, Thanks!! I’m sure you could get good! I don’t have music for it….I wish I did, but no. I listened to the hymn–it’s my favorite–and created an arrangement.

Almost perfect, if it isn’t. I haven’t really tested it too much, but I think maybe. Hmm…I should check this out more…. Haha!

Liana J. Douglas
    @lianajdouglas

@parker, that’s really cool. I’ve made up arrangements of different hymns before for church… not nearly as complex, though. XD I play a lot more with simple guitar chords and accompaniment stuff, I guess. While I enjoy playing, I’m not that interested in becoming super amazing at it. It’s not really near the top of my list, anyway. 😉 I think I’d probably get bored of it.

XD Haha, okay, then.

Parker Hankins
    @parker

Haha, yeah! But that’s always needed too!

EricaWordsmith
    @ericawordsmith

@lianajdouglas

That’s hilarious, and somehow I can see that. XD It’s pretty hard to find ENFPs in Middle Earth actually… Mostly INFPs. Arwen and Frodo are INFP (although Arwen’s a little more extroverted). I want to figure out Luthien’s personality though, all I could find for her was INFP or ENFP. I wonder…

Yep, yep!! I am an ENFP, I totally exhaust myself at times!! @anne-of-lothlorien just wondering, do you ever feel that way, that your own personality can exhaust you? Other ENFPs can exhaust me too… XD But it’s fun. I think that’s why we feel like introverts at times, is that we are real extroverts and then when we’ve been burning to bright and strong we have got to get alone.

CELLO!!!!! I am so looking forward to learning how to play…

We laugh at past things (my mom and I were just dying the other night remembering a memory we titled The Valley of Humiliation in Walmart. I could barely breathe by the end of it), but we also tend to be very willing to discuss utterly ridiculous things, have weird conversations in equally weird accents and make up stories that live long to have us sniggering when we should be quiet. Or discuss wild things in general. Like the evening we sat around discussing cryonics and the electrical chair.

Awesome!! I checked out the site, and skimmed through the ENFP section. Whew… That was accurate!! XD I’ll go over it in closer attention later. I agree with you though, I think. I don’t see how my personality could change. The one thing that has varied however, has been when I take the tests the levels of how extroverted I am. That has decreased through the years, and not only that but I’ve seen especially since last summer that I’ve become less and less extroverted. The thing I find tricky is when a person is really straddling on different things. Like my mom got INFP straddling ISFP when she took the test, but I think she actually leans much more on the ISFP side.

@anne-of-lothlorien

Well… That’s a touchy subject you see… That’s the biggest hold up on sending out the invites. Buck wants for them to be gold, but I say silver #silverlover!! And we’re determined (in the advice of Treebeard) to not be hasty, so it could take a while…

I know it… I love rehashing things with people to see how things felt to them, getting their perspective, but I also love it when I find somebody who feels the same way I do even though different things got us to feel that way.

@parker

OH MY STARS. !!!!!!!!!!!!!! What on earth?????? You made that arrangement up and you’re fifteen?????? That is AWESOME!!!!!!! Good night… How is it that guys are such awesome pianists almost naturally??? That was really phenomenal. AWESOME JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *Much applause*

Tek an ohta! Tek an cala!

Parker Hankins
    @parker

@ericawordsmith
    OH MY STARS, I’M FREAKING OUT THAT YOU USED “OH MY STARS!!” Where did you learn it?!!? Hahaha!!! Thanks so much!! 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 61 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Story Embers

Pin It on Pinterest