fb

What Inspires You to Write?

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions What Inspires You to Write?

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author

@mischievous-thwapling

I really like the quote you have. 🙂 It’s true and encouraging to write the best you can at the same time. Who does RF stand for?

Even the smallest person can change the course of the future. -JRR Tolkien

Mischievous Thwapling
    @mischievous-thwapling

@olivia

Thank you! It stands for Robert Frost.  On this note, I really like yours too!

"I threw stones at the stars, but the whole sky fell."

Mischievous Thwapling
    @mischievous-thwapling

@olivia

Thank you! It stands for Robert Frost.  On this note, I really like yours too!

Mischievous Thwapling
    @mischievous-thwapling

Oops, sent it twice… Sorry!

@mischievous-thwapling

Oh, cool! I’ve read some of his stuff, and it’s good. I don’t read a lot of poetry, but I want to start reading more. It’s partly because I love reading (A TON!!!!!), so sometimes I find poems can be a little less interesting than a story. But he’s cool.

That’s totally fine! 😀 We all make mistakes. I remember right after I’d joined SE, I had like NO idea how to do everything, so I made a bunch of mistakes. 😉 😛

@mischievous-thwapling

Oh, thanks by the way. 🙂 I really like it too. I have tons I could choose from, but I really like the one I have now. I could seriously change mine every day and still have enough! There’s a lot of good quotes out there!  Haha  😉

Mischievous Thwapling
    @mischievous-thwapling

@olivia

Yes, I love it too! Reading is fantastic.  And yeah, I read stories more than poetry as well, but I do enjoy it when I find a good poem 🙂

Haha, that makes me feel a whole lot better 😉 I doesn’t help, too, that I’m not exactly what you would call a tech-savvy person…

I know! There’s so many quotes I love out there, but I really like my current one.  So I’m just planning to wait, savoring the quote, until I finally tire of it.  And then I’ll switch it to another 😛

@mischievous-thwapling

Good plan. (With the quote, I mean.) 🙂

Mischievous Thwapling
    @mischievous-thwapling

@olivia

Thanks 😛

@zee

Sorry for (1) getting back to you so late on this and (2) that my parents won’t let me download any files, even though I asked. 🙁 Sorry! I feel so bad.

@mischievous-thwapling

Yup!

Zee
    @zee

No worries, @mischievous-thwapling. I’m glad your parents are very conscientious. Would you be willing to share your thoughts on writing inspiration, even if you don’t get a prize? I’d love to hear from you!

Mischievous Thwapling
    @mischievous-thwapling

@zee

Thanks for understanding! And sure! Here, let me get my scattered thoughts together, and I’ll get back to you as soon as possible. 🙂 (Like tonight or tomorrow)

Mischievous Thwapling
    @mischievous-thwapling

@zee

These things inspire me to write. 🙂

Pain–Incorporating a type of pain someone I know or one that I’m going through helps me to sympathize or process it.

Truths–I enjoy weaving in (or trying to weave in) truths into my stories.  I want readers to walk either encouraged or with a thought to wrestle with, like how all of my favorite book series do to me.

Fun–Yes, I know. This one isn’t as deep or something, but I love writing in itself.  I find the prospect of yanking back the curtain of what I see in my story and clearly transferring it into readers’ mind fun.  I love creating characters and plots and all the stuff in-between when it comes to writing a story.  Like I said, it’s just fun.

Improving My Skills for Life–My mom’s college professor once told her that you should write everyday to improve/keep your skills sharpened.  I like to write as much as possible so that it can be a place I’m strong in.

Being Creative–With a little time and thought, I’m eager to see what creativity can spill onto the page–or, er, the screen perhaps.  I prize being able to exercise God’s good gift of creativity!

Glory–When I go on a hike, a walk, or when I’m in my own backyard, or even just looking at the rosy-cheeked faces of my siblings, God’s glory cries out at me, like it says in the Bible: (New Living Translation) “For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky. Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse for not knowing God.” ~Romans 1:20.  I love portraying that beauty in my story.  I love marveling at that.  I love mulling it over as I write. I love attempting to give the reader a glimpse of the glory that echoes God’s name.

~M.T.

Thank you for tagging me, Zee.  I emailed you this as well. If I messed up the email somehow and you didn’t get it, tell me through SE and I’ll fix it. 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • The forum ‘General Writing Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest