What Inspires You to Write?

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions What Inspires You to Write?

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author

@mischievous-thwapling

I really like the quote you have. ๐Ÿ™‚ It’s true and encouraging to write the best you can at the same time. Who does RF stand for?

You can only see the stars at night -Keith Graber

Mischievous Thwapling
    @mischievous-thwapling

@olivia

Thank you! It stands for Robert Frost.ย  On this note, I really like yours too!

Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God.
    ~Corrie Ten Boom

Mischievous Thwapling
    @mischievous-thwapling

@olivia

Thank you! It stands for Robert Frost.ย  On this note, I really like yours too!

~Corrie Ten Boom

Mischievous Thwapling
    @mischievous-thwapling

Oops, sent it twice… Sorry!

~Corrie Ten Boom

@mischievous-thwapling

Oh, cool! I’ve read some of his stuff, and it’s good. I don’t read a lot of poetry, but I want to start reading more. It’s partly because I love reading (A TON!!!!!), so sometimes I find poems can be a little less interesting than a story. But he’s cool.

That’s totally fine! ๐Ÿ˜€ We all make mistakes. I remember right after I’d joined SE, I had like NO idea how to do everything, so I made a bunch of mistakes. ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜›

@mischievous-thwapling

Oh, thanks by the way. ๐Ÿ™‚ I really like it too. I have tons I could choose from, but I really like the one I have now. I could seriously change mine every day and still have enough! There’s a lot of good quotes out there! ย Haha ย ๐Ÿ˜‰

Mischievous Thwapling
    @mischievous-thwapling

@olivia

Yes, I love it too! Reading is fantastic.ย  And yeah, I read stories more than poetry as well, but I do enjoy it when I find a good poem ๐Ÿ™‚

Haha, that makes me feel a whole lot better ๐Ÿ˜‰ I doesn’t help, too, that I’m not exactly what you would call a tech-savvy person…

I know! There’s so many quotes I love out there, but I really like my current one.ย  So I’m just planning to wait, savoring the quote, until I finally tire of it.ย  And then I’ll switch it to another ๐Ÿ˜›

~Corrie Ten Boom

@mischievous-thwapling

Good plan. (With the quote, I mean.) ๐Ÿ™‚

Mischievous Thwapling
    @mischievous-thwapling

@olivia

Thanks ๐Ÿ˜›

@zee

Sorry for (1) getting back to you so late on this and (2) that my parents won’t let me download any files, even though I asked. ๐Ÿ™ Sorry! I feel so bad.

~Corrie Ten Boom

@mischievous-thwapling

Yup!

Zee
    @zee

No worries, @mischievous-thwapling. I’m glad your parents are very conscientious. Would you be willing to share your thoughts on writing inspiration, even if you don’t get a prize? I’d love to hear from you!

Mischievous Thwapling
    @mischievous-thwapling

@zee

Thanks for understanding! And sure! Here, let me get my scattered thoughts together, and I’ll get back to you as soon as possible. ๐Ÿ™‚ (Like tonight or tomorrow)

~Corrie Ten Boom

Mischievous Thwapling
    @mischievous-thwapling

@zee

These things inspire me to write. ๐Ÿ™‚

Pain–Incorporating a type of pain someone I know or one that I’m going through helps me to sympathize or process it.

Truths–I enjoy weaving in (or trying to weave in) truths into my stories.ย  I want readers to walk either encouraged or with a thought to wrestle with, like how all of my favorite book series do to me.

Fun–Yes, I know. This one isn’t as deep or something, but I love writing in itself.ย  I find the prospect of yanking back the curtain of what I see in my story and clearly transferring it into readers’ mind fun.ย  I love creating characters and plots and all the stuff in-between when it comes to writing a story.ย  Like I said, it’s just fun.

Improving My Skills for Life–My mom’s college professor once told her that you should write everyday to improve/keep your skills sharpened.ย  I like to write as much as possible so that it can be a place I’m strong in.

Being Creative–With a little time and thought, I’m eager to see what creativity can spill onto the page–or, er, the screen perhaps.ย  I prize being able to exercise God’s good gift of creativity!

Glory–When I go on a hike, a walk, or when I’m in my own backyard, or even just looking at the rosy-cheeked faces of my siblings, God’s glory cries out at me, like it says in the Bible: (New Living Translation) “For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky. Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualitiesโ€”his eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse for not knowing God.” ~Romans 1:20.ย  I love portraying that beauty in my story.ย  I love marveling at that.ย  I love mulling it over as I write. I love attempting to give the reader a glimpse of the glory that echoes God’s name.

~M.T.

Thank you for tagging me, Zee.ย  I emailed you this as well. If I messed up the email somehow and you didn’t get it, tell me through SE and I’ll fix it. ๐Ÿ™‚

~Corrie Ten Boom

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Story Embers

Pin It on Pinterest