fb

What does INTP or INJF stand for

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions What does INTP or INJF stand for

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Inkling-for-Christ
    @inkling-for-christ

So I just retook the personality quiz and nothing has changed I am still an INJF-T. I have noticed lately that I am happier by myself and that I can only be around people for a certain amount of time. Also I find that I am very quiet and VERY particular about my friend choices. How about you other INJF people?

INFJ, Child of God, wannabe author, writer, dreamer, fan of DR. Who, Star Wars, NCIS-LA

Ariella Newheart
    @ariella-newheart

@inkling-for-christ I’m also an INFJ! *high-five*

Writer, illustrator, Parimi Alcan

Check out my new blog! https://arbitraryfairy.wordpress.com/

Inkling-for-Christ
    @inkling-for-christ

@ariella-newheart, what are some defining traits/characteristics you’ve noticed in yourself? Like when/ where/ with what are you happiest and such?

INFJ, Child of God, wannabe author, writer, dreamer, fan of DR. Who, Star Wars, NCIS-LA

Ariella Newheart
    @ariella-newheart

@inkling-for-christ Ooh, that’s a tough question. I’m happiest when my friends and family are happy, I guess. What about you?

Also, I see in your signature that you are a Star Wars fan. I am too!

Inkling-for-Christ
    @inkling-for-christ

@ariella-newheart, I’m still figuring it out. For sure I know I’m happiest when I have time alone. I love people but I can’t be out to long. I wonder if my skepticalness of people has to do with being introvert. Also, in a large group, you will usually find me kinda on theoutskirts unless I’m invited further in.

I am a Star Wars fan. (that is a crazy story though). Who is your favorite character? Which is you favorite movie?

Ariella Newheart
    @ariella-newheart

@inkling-for-christ

For sure I know I’m happiest when I have time alone. I love people but I can’t be out to long. I wonder if my skepticalness of people has to do with being introvert. Also, in a large group, you will usually find me kinda on theoutskirts unless I’m invited further in.

Pretty much the same for me, especially with that last part. 😉

I really like Ahsoka Tano from the Clone Wars series. All the movies kinda swirl in my head, but I know that I like A New Hope. 😀

Brie Donning
    @brie-donning

I prefer looking at the MBTI from the standpoint of cognitive functions. Which a a little confusing, but I can give a hopefully simple explanation. Not perfectly accurate,

I’m an ENFP.

Which means I have Externally directed iNtution, and intwardly directed Feeling. And outwardly directed thinking after that, ending with internally directed sensing which I don’t have much of. The orientation alternates.

This means I’m always multiplying  idea, and pulling abstract things from the outside world. But I can be a bit closed up on my feelings, and need to be alone occasionally to process them.

The INFJs start off with Inward iNtution, then external Feeling. (followed by inward thinking and external sensing.) They’re sensitive to the emotions of those around them, and can be very insightful. I don’t really understand them.

The ENFJs are fairly similar, bu they have there externally directed Feeling first, then the inward intuition. (then senseing, then thinking) This makes them good at understanding other people.

INTJs: Inward iNtuition, external Thinking. (makes them good and effective future plans)

INTPs: Internal thinking, external Intuition. (Makes them good and seeing all the possibilities of how things could work.

Js start with External thinking or feeling, and Internal intuition or sensing. (Tend to organize the outside world)

P’s start with External intuition or sensing and Internal thinking or feeling. (Tend to organize the inside world, but let everything around them turn into a mess)

ENFP - Introspective extrovert

Exploring reality, yearning for adventure.

Northerner
    @northerner

How has Kate not showed up in this thread yet?

One thing I really like about all the introverts gathering on KP and here is that no one says “oh, you’re an introvert? But you don’t seem to have anything wrong with you” or “But you write long posts, it’s not like you’re shy or quiet”. Because we all know what being an introvert is (“recharging” by being alone rather than with other people, that’s all it is) and don’t need to wade upstream against the constant misunderstandings. I love that.

@ariella-newheart @inkling-for-christ INFJ here. I’m literally exactly the same as you all except for one thing: I’m not quiet if know someone well. I’m extremely bubbly and affectionate around my family and very close friends.  (I have a small circle of close friends, but everyone pretty much likes me–I think) 😀 Anyone else like that? If you know someone well you can act kinda like an ENFP?

Also, how do you all manifest you J function? Do you like things in order? Do you like to procrastinate?

Spreading God's love until I can see seven billion smiles. 🙂 https://sevenbillionsmiles.home.blog

Thomas (CrØss_Bl₳de)
    @thewirelessblade

I’m an ENFP too!

*Forum Signature here*

Inkling-for-Christ
    @inkling-for-christ

@emma-starr, I manifest my J function very well. I am a meticulous planner (most of the time) and dislike procrastinating. I tend to get things done as soon as I can. I maximize my time that I do have while planning sometimes months in advance. I already have my classes for the spring lined up. Like you said, you’re extremely bubbly around your close friends. I feel that too. Only those closest to me know my crazy side

Brie Donning
    @brie-donning

@Emma-Starr That sounds very much like an ENFP. We can be rather quiet if we’re around people we don’t know. The more comfortable we are, the more random and bubbly we get.

But I think our comfort circle is a bit bigger than an INFJ’s, and I at least love to make make it bigger. I don’t want to ne locked inside my quiet side as much as I am.

ENFP - Introspective extrovert

Exploring reality, yearning for adventure.

Ariella Newheart
    @ariella-newheart

@emma-starr

I’m not quiet if know someone well. I’m extremely bubbly and affectionate around my family and very close friends.  (I have a small circle of close friends, but everyone pretty much likes me–I think) Anyone else like that?

I am actually a lot like that! INFJ’s are often called the extroverted introverts. 😉

Also, how do you all manifest you J function? Do you like things in order? Do you like to procrastinate?

I like things to be orderly, but I have a bad habit of procrastinating. Mostly because I’m afraid the project I’m working on won’t be ready by my deadline or just…good enough I guess. 😛

Catherine Roche
    @writercatherine

Guess: ISFJ

Results: ISFJ

I guess I know myself pretty well. The description sounds a lot like me. Apparently I’m a rare type of person- I am pretty strange.

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam - For the greater glory of God
    Catholic, student, bookdragon

JMastron
    @jmastron

Hi, guys. I hate to burst the MBTI bubble, but I’m here to tell you that from a scientific standpoint, the Myers-Briggs test is highly problematic.

In the intricate world of psychology, personality is considered “an individual’s unique and relatively consistent patterns of thinking, feeling, and behaving,” according to the textbook “Discovering Psychology” by Hockenbury and Hockenbury (I like sources). Anyway, there have been multiple theories proposed to categorize and better explain how certain personalities have similar patterns, etc.. There are more or less 4 main theories and many branches from these theories, the most famous being Sigmund Freud’s Psychoanalytic Theory. You can look into these more thoroughly, but I suggest, from a Christian perspective, do it with caution, prayer, and avoid anything Freudian. To be blunt, much of what he proposed is perverted.

The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator is a personality assessment created by Isabel Myers and Katharine Briggs which seems to stem from Trait Theory. However, MBTI differs from trait assessment in the sense that Trait Theories in that Myers-Briggs only allows between the extremes. For example, one of the most reliable inventories for “appraising” a normal population is the California Psychological Inventory, which scores along a spectrum between introversion and extroversion; MBTI only allows for either introvert or extrovert. Granted, on the 16Personalities test website, it will provide some sort of percentage.

In the end, I am not the final say on this. However, the largest issue with MBTI is its unreliability.

I don’t want to completely discredit Myers-Briggs. It’s a fun tool for research when trying to create variety among characters and finding how some people are similar to you and have corresponding interests. But in a sense it is personal type-casting and relying on it to the point where it becomes an identity factor is dangerous.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest