What does INTP or INJF stand for

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions What does INTP or INJF stand for

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Inkling-for-Christ
    @inkling-for-christ

Hey all,

I can’t help that notice the term INTP or INJF or INsomething. Keeps floating around. Does anyone care to explain what it means?

@epicaddie2, @scribbles, @briannastorm

INFJ, Child of God, wannabe author, writer, dreamer, fan of DR. Who, Star Wars, NCIS-LA

Brianna Storm Hilvety
    @briannastorm

@inkling-for-christ Those are abbreviations for personality types. 🙂

I = Introverted or E = Extroverted

N = Intuitive or S = Sensing

F = Feeler or T = Thinker

J = Judger or P = Perceiver

You can learn more (or take the quiz) here: https://www.16personalities.com/

Wielder of a Red Pen | TheLiteraryCrusader.

Inkling-for-Christ
    @inkling-for-christ

Apparently, I am INFJ-T. It is interesting that it labeled me as introverted. I took a test prior to college and was labeled as extrovert

INFJ, Child of God, wannabe author, writer, dreamer, fan of DR. Who, Star Wars, NCIS-LA

Brianna Storm Hilvety
    @briannastorm

@inkling-for-christ Well, what do you know, another INFJ! The forum is basically dominated by us. 😉 I’m a fusion of an INFJ and an INTJ. My test results fluctuate depending upon what’s happening in my life, but usually I lean slightly more toward feeling than thinking.

Maybe you’re an ambivert like my friend @scribbles. She wavers between an INFJ and ENFJ. 🙂

Wielder of a Red Pen | TheLiteraryCrusader.

Inkling-for-Christ
    @inkling-for-christ

Thats cool!

Rachel Rogers
    @scribbles

@inkling-for-christ Hey! Sorry for being fashionably late to respond… 😛

The cool thing about the distinction between introvert/extrovert with this personality typing method is that it has to do with whether spending time with other people gives you energy (extrovert) or takes energy (introvert). Based on that definition, you can have extroverts who are outgoing or shy, and introverts who are outgoing or shy as well.

Like @briannastorm mentioned, I’m an ambivert, which means I’m essentially both extroverted and introverted…some days I’m energized by spending time with people, and some days I literally just want everyone to leave me alone. Lol!

Ambiverted INFP. Scribbles all the words. Names the plant friends. Secretly Edna the Piguirrel.

J. Dekreel
      @dekreel

@scribbles  I didn’t know that!! No wonder I’m a shy extrovert…

ENFP-T. Cartoonist, "half-writer", wolfish.
      Blog

Inkling-for-Christ
      @inkling-for-christ

@scribbles, ambivert makes more sense. I like people I just can’t be around them too much.

Rachel Rogers
      @scribbles

@inkling-for-christ Actually, it’s possible that you could still be a true introvert in that case. There are definitely introvert types who like people (INFJs are especially known for this). It’s just that being with people too much makes introverts tired/stressed/etc. — even if they actually really like being with people. It’s all about whether you have to spend energy to do it or gain energy from doing it.

Ambiverted INFP. Scribbles all the words. Names the plant friends. Secretly Edna the Piguirrel.

Ingrid
        @rosiequill

*pops in*  I’m an INFJ-T too!!!!  *pops out*

A dreamer who believes in the impossible...and dragons. (INFJ-T)

Hope Ann
          @hope-ann

*peeks in, because personality types* I’m an INTJ. And yeah, there are lots of introverted, intuitive writers. INTJs are among the rarest type in women and I’ve found two or three others through the forum (here/KP).

The most important step a man can take is always the next one.

Anonymous

Well. This was a helpful post, because even though I took the quiz once I had no idea what they ment, so I took it again and I got ENFP-A so that means I must not fit in at all here. *throws confetti and dances out of room for no apparent reason*

Anna Marie
            @annamarieoriginal

I’m an ESTJ. When I took the test about a week ago, I was surprised at how totally me the description was! I love managing and organizing things. I used to think I was an introvert, but I’m probably an ambivert. Which famous people correspond to your personality types? I have Megyn Kelly, Andrew Jackson, and Daisy Ridley <3 (yay Star Wars!!)

~Anna Marie
              "Write the book you want to read." -Austin Kleon

EricaWordsmith
              @ericawordsmith

I’m interested to find so many introverted writers on here!! I am an ENFP, which… Yes I am more than enough extroverted… I hardly understand introverts, don’t have stage fright, and sometimes do things that surprise myself. I’m just wondering, why are all the writers introverted? Hmm…

Tek an ohta! Tek an cala!

Inkling-for-Christ
                @inkling-for-christ

@ericawordsmith, good question. My theory is that most NOT ALL writers are introverted because of the massive amounts of time we spend alone writing. There can be outgoing introverts too. I have a friend who is outgoing and you would have no clue at all unless you knew it from her.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest