fb

Well, hello…

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Well, hello…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 58 total)
  • Author

Hey everybody! Since so many people are saying ‘hi’ I will too! ;P

I’m a 15 year-old homeschooler with a unique name and I love life, my family, and the seasons (plus other stuff). In case you’re wondering, my big brother is the most awesome person on earth. I’m not a very advanced writer but I still love to write. 🙂 Anyways, hi!

P.S. I also Love Bible quizzing! Any Bible quizzers out there? Hit me up! 🙂

• This topic was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by Sesame Street.

It's crazy how God made our hearts... They break easily but slowly heal back together, just like bones.

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@sesi

Hey there! Cool name!

I am 16, and big brothers are quite amazing! Though I have more than one, so I can’t say one over the other… I have three older brothers, and one older sister (who I can say is the greatest oldest sibling on the planet… How could I say otherwise?). I also have three younger brothers, which makes me almost the middle child, though not quite.

I enjoy writing either fantasy or superhero/scifi, short stories… though I have one novella, far from published. If you want to check out my blog (on which I post my short stories) just go to thebookshelfstaircase.wordpress.com, where you can read the story I just published today, as well as all of the past ones.

What does your name mean? And what do you enjoy writing/reading/watching/playing or drawing?

Also… Here’s some bible trivia: My niece is named after a little girl in NT… Who is this girl (clue, she met either Jesus, or one of the twelve, or a mix of them)?

I apologize for taking so long to get back, but now I welcome you to SE… Maybe you’s like to meets some of my friends!

@evelyn
    @deekreel  @filewriter @jane-maree @graceabounds2129 @brandon-miller @andrew

Published author, reader of many books, Student in writing, and Lumenite!

Evelyn
    @evelyn

Hello @sesi! I’m so glad you are joining us at SE!

I’m Evelyn. In fact I’m a fifteen-year-old homeschooler too! *high-fives* I like to read, write, take walks, dance in the rain, hand-wash dishes, and craft with friends. (If you want to see more things I love, look at my signature. 🙂 )

I have two older brothers and a younger one. I absolutely love your name by the way! It’s so beautiful. Fun fact, because we’re talking about names, by siblings and I are in alphabetical order! Thus, as you can deduce, I’m the fifth child. 🙂

Which season is your favorite? What do you like to read?

Brandon Miller
    @brandon-miller

Welcome to the Story Embers community!

I’m Brandon, a home school grad and university punching-bag.  I’ve been around Story Embers for a while now, and was on staff at KP before that.  Glad to have you around!

What do you write?  Do you read a lot?  How’d you hear about Story Embers?

Have a grand stay!

---
    Fair Winds and Following Seas,
    Brandon Miller -- Wesley Turner

Jane Maree
    @jane-maree

Hey @sesi! So cool of you to join SE. 😀

I’m Jane (duh 😛 ), and I’m a writer from down under in Australia! Pleasure to meet you. 🙂

Writing Heroes ♦ Writing Hope // janemareeauthor.com.au

Filewriter
    @filewriter

Hey, @sesi. I’m a fifteen year old homeschooler too. 🙂 I am not a very advanced writer either, but I guess that’s why we’re here right. 😁

Some things I love are dogs, books, LOTR, colors, and art(drawing, coloring, painting, etc.)

What’s your main work in progress about. If you can tell me that is. Some people have to keep their works a secret for the sake of national security, but I have to ask. 😉

And… I just bit my tongue really hard while sneezing. I’m still trying to determine if it’s bleeding or not. Yes, I’m weird, but most of us here are. Just a warning. 🙂

Anyways, welcome to Story Embers!

And thank you @wordsmith for the introduction. My mind has been busy so I may have missed this. Which would have been unfortunate. 😁

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. ~ J. R. R. Tolkien

Andrew Schmidt
    @andrew

@sesi, welcome to SE! I am a fourteen-year-old homeschooler who will turn fifteen sometime in September. I am the sixth child out of nine. The youngest child is Grace, the middle child is Luke, and the oldest child is Hope (or Hope Ann). Yeah, I’m just tight next to the middle child.

Like your name by the way!

When I first did the writing quiz to discover my rank, I got intermediate (though I’m not sure if I’m in the center of intermediate or advanced like some here… but I only did it once).

I believe I am an ISFP, though I’m not completely sure. I may seem like an extrovert sometimes on Story Embers, but when people actually meet me, I’m not.

I like writing all kinds of stuff: fantasy, sci-fi, mixed-genres, more…

But I really, really love making up characters. It’s like desserts on a table. When I once wanted to make an ‘old wise man,’ that was a bit cliché, so I added a few funny characteristics: likes strawberry jam. Then I added the fact that he was a spy, to make him even more interesting. Then I just decided not that long ago I want him to be some being from the stars.

So, what is your WIP right now?

"Muhahaha!"- Unknown Villain

Wow! @wordsmith You’ve got a big family! I only have three siblings but I love them all.

Well, my full name is actually Sesame but Sesi is my favourite nickname. My Mom says that the name Sesame means small seed with big flavour but I’m not sure how much I like that. I want to change it to difference maker or something like thatDoesn’t that sound soo cool? I really haven’t finished writing anything yet, but I have just started a new novella (or what I hope to be one). I really like historical fiction-probably my favourite genre (writing and reading). I don’t watch many movies but I really enjoy funny old fashioned films. I love short stories! I will totally check out your blog! Playing… I just like being outside, playing baseball, ping-pong, hockey, soccer sometimes, and I loove to play kaboo! Oh, and Bible quizzing! We memorise parts of the Bible and it’s soo cool! I’ve been doing it for 6 years now.

A little girl in the New Testament? I really have no idea…

I’d love to meet your friends! I’m very much an extrovert! lol 🙂

@evelyn
    Hooray! I love 15 year old homeschoolers! 😀

I actually still can’t decide between Autumn and Summer and all the seasons. Although spring and winter are wet and cold, they are pretty fun too! What about you? I read Lots of Nancy Drew and the Royal Diaries. I hope to order some books soon for more reading enjoyment. 🙂

@brandon-miller
    Thanks for being so welcoming! I’m overwhelmed! 🙂 I mostly just write fiction and historical fiction and a tiny bit of fanfiction. I would read all the time if my schedule permitted but my school and Bible Quizzing get in the way a lot. That’s why I haven’t yet lost my eyesight! I actually don’t remember how I found Story Embers, maybe through my older brother, but I’m so glad I did! I love it so much! Thanks a lot!

@jane-maree
    Wow, Australia! That’s pretty cool! Nice to meet you also! 🙂

@filewriter
    Another homeschooler my age! Yay! SO happy to meet you! I love dogs and books too! I haven’t read LOTR and I don’t paint etc. very often but people don’t have to have things in common to be great friends.

Well, I don’t really have a main WIP but here’s a very brief description of some of them. Fiction, Tumbler ridge, weird, mysterious, neighbour. Fiction, girl’s relative died of cancer and she wants to be able to make a difference. Yeah… I haven’t gotten really far with any of them.

I’m glad to know that you’re weird, I’m very weird also. I tend to get along better with weird people.

Thanks! 🙂

@andrew
    , so yeah, I’m just a beginning writer and I’m so bad at coming up with characters that have real depth to them. I hope SE is just the thing to get my writing on track.

Thanks everybody for being so welcoming!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by Sesame Street.

It's crazy how God made our hearts... They break easily but slowly heal back together, just like bones.

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@sesi

“@evelyn Hooray! I love 15 year old homeschoolers! 😀”

Me too! Especially if they’re weird. Not that I’m biased or anything. 😉

Nancy Drew is fun, which is your favorite book about her? And do you read the old, original ones, or the newer, modernized ones? Also what is your favorite school subject?

( @wordsmith Curiosity perked. Starts searching for the time you told me the names of your nieces and nephews. XD)

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by Evelyn.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by Evelyn.
    E. Grace
    @emgc

Hi @sesi!

I am a 15- year-old homeschooler as well! Glad to meet you! 👋

I just recently joined SE as well, but I already really enjoy it- I hope you will too!

I am 6th out of 8 kids- and I only have one brother, who is the oldest. And I agree, big brothers are the best.  😊

What are your favorite books to read? What is your favorite genre?

And what genre do you most like to write in? I mostly write sci-fi and fantasy, but I have interest in other genres as well.  I actually haven’t written any novels yet either, but I like writing short stories. 🙂 I’ve really only been writing on and off for about three years, so I haven’t gotten super far yet, but SE is really helpful. 😊

Do you like music? I myself, am a music enthusiast. I especially like instrumental- but  I like a lot of different styles too. What about you?

"True humility is not thinking less of yourself; it is thinking of yourself less." - C. S. Lewis

Violet
    @pookiemonster

@sesi, Welcome to Story Embers

Yay, ^‿^ we’re both homeschoolers. Technically I’m the third eldest, but I’m treated like the eldest. I’m not a very advanced writer either, but I love to learn, so that’s not a problem for me 🙂

My favorite genres are historical fiction and fantasy.What’s your favorite historical fiction novel? I’m always looking for good book recommendations. 🙂

If you enjoy “funny old-fashioned movies” I highly recommend watching Newsies; if you haven’t already seen it, that is. 😉

P.S: We’re all Weird here…..it’s one of the many perks of being a writer :))

Just remember to... Trust in God, Stay Safe, and Eat Doughnuts 🍩🍩

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@sesi

Sesi is a nice nickname. And difference maker does sound super cool!

I haven’t completed many long works (only one that needs quite a bit of tightening up), but I have written more than a few short stories, and have dabbled in others. Honestly, writing full length as opposed to short story, is far harder, and I always have trouble getting into the longer one.

The books I enjoy reading are either fantasy (of one breed or another) or scifi. That’s not to say I don’t enjoy others, but my favorites are in one of those two categories. This also happens to be what I enjoy writing. Historical fictions has never been something to catch my attention.

Being outside is nice, though being highly extroverted I get easily bored if there isn’t someone outside with me (It’s also 85+ degrees outside most the time… If it’s cooler I can enjoy the lively outside on my own).  But I do enjoy high activity sports (I prefer the non-pro ones).

I may have thrown you off slightly in telling you my niece was named after someone in the bible… She was named after something in the bible… and it is something attributed to a little girl, but might not be considered a name in the bible. Her first and middle name are Talitha Skye, Talitha being what Jesus called the little girl he healed.

It’s cool to have more extroverted friends here! Especially homeschooled, as I am!

Andrew Schmidt
    @andrew

@wordsmith, writing short stories is hard for me!

I’ve got so used to writing longer ones that I if I was to write a short one, I’d have to probably get rid of a lot of that little information and all those scenes! My shortest story (less or more than a year ago) was about twenty-something pages… Now when I write scenes, they sometimes go from five to twelve each (but one was around nineteen!)

I can’t write short stories like I used to.

"Muhahaha!"- Unknown Villain

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@andrew

Wow! I tend to cut my scenes short…

@evelyn Amen! We totally see eye to eye on this subject!

Favourite Nancy Drew?!?! I can’t say that I have a favourite, but The Mystery of the 99 Steps is pretty awesome.  We have some new ones and old ones but I like the old ones the best.

Probably English or History (as we old fashioned homeschoolers call it).

@emgc
    Hello!

Probably my favourite ever book is Coronation of Glory by Deborah Meroff. This is her only book I’ve read but I love it! I also like Eloise Jarvis McGraw’s books and I really like the C.S. Lewis Books that I’ve read. My favourite Genre is probably historical fiction… Just imagine that you’re a medieval princess about to be rescued by your long lost brother (or a handsome knight)! It just gives me such a stirring of emotion. lol

Yes! I love music! I used to play Violin and now I play the Ukulele. Listening to music is probably my favourite pastime other then reading a book. I will listen to almost any music- Country, Rap, Classical… You name it!

@pookiemonster
    I have several favourite historical fiction books. Check out anything by Eloise McGraw-it’s probably amazing. Susan Fletcher’s Shadow Spinner is pretty amazing. Another book, Where the Mountain Meets the Moon by Grace Lin, is fantasy (I think) but that’s another awesome one. <i> King of the Wind</i> and Listening for Lions are some other great books I’ve read (Caddie Woodlawn and By the Great Horn Spoon too).

Newsies?!!? Interesting, sounds funny! 😀

P.S. Yeah, I assumed so! lol

@wordsmith
    Thanks, I like my nickname too! 🙂 Yeah! I finish like five pages and then I get a new idea and want to switch! It’s soo bad! I never have a good plot-line. Whatever.

Have you ever read Out of the Silent Planet? If you haven’t, you should really read it!!! It’s a pretty great book! C.S. Lewis was such a brilliant writer!

Wow! It’s hot where you live! It usually only reaches 78 degrees around here in the summer.

Really! That’s such a lovely name!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 58 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.