fb

Well, greetings, mortals.

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Well, greetings, mortals.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 97 total)
  • Author
    Liana J. Douglas
    @lianajdouglas

Sighs Well, hello there. I suppose I should introduce myself. My name is Liana. Bows dramatically. Yes, I know. You’re very impressed. Smirks I’m sixteen years old with an explosive ENTJ personality. So please just assume everything I say is sarcastic *Looks over at Veraza Winterknight* and don’t be offended by anything I say. Thanks. Tips fedora in gratitude 

I started writing seriously about five years ago, and I cannot wait to learn more and continue to grow. I write mainly fictional stories, from fantasy fiction to sci-fi, to historical fiction, to everything in between… and the occasional poetry burst. XD

So… yeah. Greetings and salutations.

Artist. Actress. Fantasy Fiction. MBTI Nerd. Star Wars. Marvel Films. Piano. Jesus Freak.

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@lianajdouglas

GOTHEL WIDOW!!!!!!!!!!! *tacklehugs*

"You can dance with my henchman."

Liana J. Douglas
    @lianajdouglas

Facedesk Hello, V.

Artist. Actress. Fantasy Fiction. MBTI Nerd. Star Wars. Marvel Films. Piano. Jesus Freak.

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

Hehehe.

You have no idea how much I wanted to call you Mother Gothel but with that other word for Mother that you hate when I call you that. 😉

It’s going to feel weird calling you Liana.

Liana J. Douglas
    @lianajdouglas

Smirks Well, we all have pen names, don’t we?

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

This is true. Muaha.

Are you going to sign up for a guild?

Also, because I don’t think I ever asked you this, what books do you like to read?

Liana J. Douglas
    @lianajdouglas

XD

Just signed up today… waiting for a response. 😉

Ooph. That goes everywhere, V. My all-time favorite author is Patrick W. Carr. You should check him out. His books are epic. But I read a ton of Christian fantasy fiction. Or historical fiction. Or… uuh… my lists are pretty broad and random. Here, I’ll make a list of my favorite authors:

Jane Austen, Clive Staples Lewis, John Ronald Reuel Tolkien, etc. etc. Those are everyone’s fav’s, so I’m gonna hop over the classics.

Chuck Black (of course.)

Dee Henderson

Douglas Bond

Tricia Mingerink

Christopher Paolini

Lois Walfrid Johnson

Jaye L. Knight

Joel Rosenberg

Andrew Peterson

Ya… this list could keep going, but I’ll stop there. (:

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

Okay. You probably won’t get one until the start of next month, though. That’s when they put the new people who signed up for guilds into guilds.

Hm… I think I’ve heard of Patrick Carr… do you know any titles of his books?

Who’s Chuck Black? I’ve heard a lot of people mention him but have no idea who he is…

OH. Christopher Paolini! I’m actually reading the Inheritance Cycle rn!

I’ve also heard of Jaye L. Knight but haven’t read any of her stuff yet.

And I’ve read the first 2 Wingfeather books.

All those other authors you mentioned…. I haven’t heard of. (‘Sides the classics ones.)

Have you ever read any of Frank E. Peretti’s books?

Liana J. Douglas
    @lianajdouglas

Facedesk Oh, my dear, you need some help. How on earth do you not know who Chuck Black is??? Go get some of his books from the library. Like, now. Shoos you out the door

XD Most people haven’t heard of Patrick W. Carr’s books. He’s got two trilogies currently- the Darkwater Saga and the Staff and the Sword series. Look ’em up. They’re great. The kind of books you have to read until you finish them. Even if that means staying up all night long. (;

Yeahhh. You need to get out into the world of reading more. That Star Wars and Percy Jackson stuff you read is just the tip of the iceberg.

I have not read any Peretti books. Yet. I’ve got one or two sitting on my shelf calling my name. If only I had more time on my hands…

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

*still doesn’t know who Chuck Black is…*

Ooh, those certainly sound interesting!!!

*smirks and points you to my YWW profile page about section* Honey, I don’t even mention the SW books on there.

Ooh, you should!! They’re really good!! Especially This Present Darkness and… *tries to remember the name* Piercing the Darkness?

Liana J. Douglas
    @lianajdouglas

Sigh Chuck Black is a Christian author who wrote a series that is an allegory based on the Bible. It’s a fantasy medieval series, and pretty much every Christian homeschooler with a little bit of sense has heard of it. (; He’s also got an epic sci-fi series about spiritual warfare.

Oh, not on your profile, no. But you’ve talked about them. I remember details, honey. XD

XD Those are the two sitting on my shelf waiting to be read. Someday…

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH. That would actually be really helpful to read considering Ash Fall.

That wasn’t the point. XD The point was all the other books on there that I’ve read. And that’s only like 10% of them. XD

READDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD THEM. I love them!! I’ve also read his book The Oath, which gave me nightmares cuz I was too young to read it when I read it. *should probs go read it again* And… I can’t remember the name… an orange book…

Liana J. Douglas
    @lianajdouglas

XD I see what you’re saying. I just sorta mentioned the first books that came to mind.

XD I’ll try and make time.

AAaaaannnnddd now it is snowing. Wonderful. We go from a few 60 degree days back to bunches of snow. This weather is so weird. You don’t happen to have snow down there, too, do you?

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

Ah. XD

*glances outside* No, no snow. But it’s a colder today than for the past few days. I was able to wear flip-flops again!! *will probaby still where them today even though the cold*

Liana J. Douglas
    @lianajdouglas

Mm. Lucky you. It’s starting to look like a blizzard up here. Sigh I love snow, but I wish that God would choose what the weather is gonna be and stick to it for a while.  XD

So… Searches for a new subject and fails… 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 97 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest