Weekly Scripture :)

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Weekly Scripture :)

Viewing 11 posts - 106 through 116 (of 116 total)
  • Author
    Grace
    @h-jones

Ahh! Sorry guys! I’m a day late, ugh. But yes! I’m here!

Alright. So. I’ve been thinking about what I should post, and here is a little something I’ve cooked up:

Matthew 7:7-11 NIV

“Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.

“Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

So, the other day, I was telling my baby brother a story because he woke up from having a bad dream. In the story, there was a puppy, and it was raining… and the puppy prayed, asking God to send the rain away, and it happened. And the puppy happily spent hours frolicking around the yard with the neighborhood kids.

The story ended up helping ease my brother’s nerves so he could go to sleep. I was obviously glad. Still, though, as I was telling the story, I was thinking to myself, Should I be telling him this? Sometimes God doesn’t send the rain away. Am I portraying a false picture of reality?

I guess sometimes I can be a little cynical. As of late, I have actually really been struggling with the belief that God is going to take care of me. That He wants to take care of me. I’m one of those people who have an almost unshakeable belief in God and His goodness, but the fact that He would love and want to care for me—a sinner who is appalled by even her own self—is nearly lost on me.

But He does, you know? He loves all of us, no matter how ashamed and disappointed and disgusted with ourselves as we are. No matter how completely unloveable we feel. I’m even having a hard time believing it now, as I write it, but it’s true. I know it is.

So, the point is, God is good. He loves His children. And if His children ask him for bread, would He give them a stone?

Admittedly, yes—sometimes we feel our prayers go unanswered. Sometimes they don’t get answered for a long, long time. Sometimes the rain doesn’t go away, and as we send up our prayers to God as we sit by a window, we are crushed to find that the clouds don’t roll by and bring forth sunshine.

For some puppies, this leaves us feeling untrusting. How can we expect God to give us bread when the situation around us so obviously looks like a stone? How can we ask Him again, over and over and over, for something that we feel will never be fulfilled?

But that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t stop asking. We must keep praying. Keep trusting.

One day the clouds are going to roll away; I promise you they will. God never specifies when He will answer prayers. He just promises that He will.

Secretly Hedgehog Jones. Don’t tell anyone.

Grace
      @h-jones

@jane-maree @ashira @selah-chelyah @seekjustice @r-m-archer @eden-anderson @i-david @parker @chalice @libby@gabriellepollack

Did my bit above. (:

The Fledgling Artist
        @the-fledgling-artist

@h-jones I love those verses so much. They’ve been very special to me, and I love what you shared with them. 🙂 Thanks so much for your time, and your honesty. I can definitely relate.

"Though I'm not yet who I will be, I'm no longer who I was."

Jane Maree
        @jane-maree

Thank you so much for sharing that. ❤

Writing Heroes ♦ Writing Hope // janemareeauthor.com.au

Parker Hankins
        @parker

Oh, that’s really really good!! Thanks so much for posting!!

Living in a world of mystery and dangerous predicaments while working with the AWESOME Meraki's.

Eden Anderson
        @eden-anderson

@h-jones

This is beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing this!❤️

"But how could you live and have no story to tell?" - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Grace
        @h-jones

@the-fledgling-artist @jane-Maree @parker @eden-Anderson Thanks guysers!! <3

Selah
          @selah-chelyah

@h-jones

Wow, this is really good! Thank you so much for sharing! SO true!

Assistant Guildmaster of the Awesome Meraki
          ~ Created to create ~

Pendragon
          @pendragon

@selah-chelyah If you mean the one that the Burns family made, then yes! 🙂 (Sorry I’ve taken so long to reply. Also I’m unable to be part of the posting side of things in this topic anymore as my life is getting crazy.) But here is mine for this Monday.

I’m not exactly sure if this is what you are after, but here goes:

Do you sometimes question the choices you make?
            Have you made wrong choices?
            Gone down the wrong path?
            How do you turn to God to help you make better choices?
            Pick up His word and ask Him to reveal what you should be doing!
            He gives us the words to ask him in scripture!
            Psalm 25:4 Show me the right path, O Lord; point out the road for me to follow…
            Psalm 25: 8-9 The Lord is good and does what is right; he shows the proper path to those who go astray. He leads the humble in doing right, teaching them his way.
            James 1:5 If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking.

Then He tells you how:
            Psalm 32:8 “I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you”
            Isaiah 58:11 The Lord will guide you always.
            Isaiah 30:21 Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a vioce behind you, saying, “This is the way; walk in it”
            Exodus 33:14 The Lord replied, “My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest”.
            Seek guidance from Christian friends, mentors, etc.
            Ask yourself – will this benefit others? How will this help me to make disciples and tell people about Jesus?

"If a book is well written, I always find it too short."

Selah
            @selah-chelyah

@pendragon

😀 That is the only one I have seen the trailer too, so yes! It seems really neat, and their sister production, Beyond the Mask, is totally amazing!! Have you seen it?

Thank you for sharing the thoughts and Scriptures with us! It is so easy to lose focus on what is most important, and yours was a true reminder. Thank you! 🙂

Assistant Guildmaster of the Awesome Meraki
            ~ Created to create ~

Parker Hankins
            @parker

Ooh, that’s really really good!! Thanks so much for posting!!

Living in a world of mystery and dangerous predicaments while working with the AWESOME Meraki's.

Viewing 11 posts - 106 through 116 (of 116 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest