Weekly Scripture :)

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Weekly Scripture :)

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 116 total)
  • Author
    Gabrielle Pollack
    @gabriellepollack

@h-jones Mmm true indeed. 🙂 It is a good reminder, especially for those of us who were raised in a Christian atmosphere. 🙂

I, David
    @i-david

Thanks, @h-jones. 🙂

Four
    INFP
    songwriter

Parker Hankins
    @parker

Wow!! Really good!! Such a great truth! I need to look for that book!

Living in a world of mystery and dangerous predicaments while working with the AWESOME Meraki's.

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@h-jones

Wow. Thats an amazing verse and some great thoughts! Thanks so much for sharing!

This part especially hit home:

I think that, maybe (at least in my case), it’s so easy to get so caught up in the knowing about God that we forget about the simple acting of trying to know Him. 

That’s so true. But, also, I think to some extent we learn to know God by knowing about him. Thats what the bible is about…learning to know about God-learning His heart, His character, who He is-so that we can know Him, deeply and intimately. Relationships don’t work well between people who don’t know anything about eachother and I think the same goes for our relationship with God. (Is this making any sense?)

Anyway, learning to know about God and learning to know Him has been a struggle for me recently, so this was very encouraging. Thanks again!❤❤❤

"But how could you live and have no story to tell?" - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Grace
    @h-jones

*pops in*

Whoop, completely forgot about this until just now. Hi, everyone. And, guess what? Thanksgiving in America is in approximately two days, if my math is right! *confetti everywhere*

So, naturally, I’m going to choose this verse for this week:

“Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.” Colossians 3:15

I think that oftentimes when we think of Thanksgiving the first thing that comes to mind is turkey. While such is certainly one of the (many) great things about this beloved holiday, it is also a reminder to be thankful for all the wonderful things we do have. Because, even at our very worst, we still have Jesus. There is always something to be thankful for if we ask Him to open our eyes to see it. <3

And… that’s pretty much all I have for this week. Bask in the peace that God brings, and be thankful. <3

Secretly Hedgehog Jones. Don’t tell anyone.

Grace
      @h-jones
        Selah
        @selah-chelyah

@h-jones Right on!  I SO agree with you!  Thank you, Heather.

Assistant Guildmaster of the Awesome Meraki
        ~ Created to create ~

Ariel Ashira
        @ashira

Oops, I just said that comment in my sister’s account!  Well, we both agree with you @h-jones !

"No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how hard you fall, you are never out of the fight."

Parker Hankins
        @parker

@h-jones, wow!! Very good!! Thank you for this!!

Living in a world of mystery and dangerous predicaments while working with the AWESOME Meraki's.

I, David
        @i-david

John 16:33 (ESV)

“I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”

Happy day (and week), all.

Four
        INFP
        songwriter

Grace
        @h-jones

@i-David Dude, that’s awesome! Thanks! 😀

@jane-maree @ashira @selah-chelyah @seekjustice @r-m-archer @eden-anderson @parker @chalice @libby @gabriellepollack

Hey guys! Ah, completely forgot about this again. I’ll have something up tomorrow, and in the meantime, enjoy I-David’s contribution. 😀

Grace
          @h-jones

@jane-maree @ashira @selah-chelyah @seekjustice @r-m-archer @eden-anderson @parker @chalice @libby @gabriellepollack @i-david So… I feel that this has sadly gotten to be a little too much for me at the time. ): If anyone would like to take over for me, that would be wonderful, but for now I think I am going to go on a hiatus. Hopefully to pick it up sometime in the future.

Thanks for being supportive guys. 🙂 Y’all are great!

I, David
            @i-david

Thanks, @h-jones! I appreciate all you’ve done.

Four
            INFP
            songwriter

Selah
            @selah-chelyah

@everyone-here

Shall we take turns posting a scripture each week?!

Assistant Guildmaster of the Awesome Meraki
            ~ Created to create ~

Chalice
            @chalice

@selah-chelyah, That’s a good idea. 🙂 Who goes first?

ENFP-T/Artist/Writer/Musician
            “Creativity takes courage” -Henri Matisse

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 116 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest