Weekly Scripture :)

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Weekly Scripture :)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 116 total)
  • Author
    Parker Hankins
    @parker

@h-jones, wow!! This was awesome!! Thanks so much!!! This was very enjoyable and encouraging to read!! Such a great reminder to us all!

Living in a world of mystery and dangerous predicaments while working with the AWESOME Meraki's.

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@h-jones  Wow, thank you for sharing. I agree with what you said so long as you take the second, the “be thou perfect even as I am perfect”, like you said!  :>

Assistant Guildmaster of the Phantom Awesome Meraki
    ~ Created to create ~

Chelsea R.H.
    @seekjustice

@h-jones

Thank you so much for that 🙂

Mahalo keia huiʻana

ori-art
    @ori-art

@h-jones

“Because what I’ve done has no bearing on who He is.

That is beautiful. To realize that God, perfect in and of Himself, loves us so much to rescue us from our imperfection…it’s just so beautiful. He truly is a prodigal God.

"Who knows what the next month will bring? I say let us eat cake now!"
    -Mr. Benedict

Grace
    @h-jones

@i-david @the-fledgling-artist @parker @selah-chelyah @seekjustice @ori-art Thank you all! <3

(Also, @ori-art, is your signature from the Mysterious Benedict Society? xD)

Secretly Hedgehog Jones. Don’t tell anyone.

ori-art
      @ori-art

@h-jones

Yes ma’am! They’re great!👌

-Mr. Benedict

Grace
      @h-jones

@ori-art BRUH! Love those books! Glad to meet a fellow fan. xD

ori-art
        @ori-art

@h-jones
        Can I ask what your profile pic is exactly?

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by ori-art.

-Mr. Benedict

R.M. Archer
        @r-m-archer

@ori-art It looks to me like Princess Zelda from one of the Legend of Zelda games. (I couldn’t tell you which one, though, since I’ve only ever played Twilight Princess. Ocarina of Time, maybe?)

EDIT: A Google image search has revealed that it is not Ocarina of Time, but Breath of the Wild.

Fantasy/dystopian/sci-fi author. Mythology nerd. ENFP. Singer.

Libby
        @libby

@h-jones Thank you so much for starting this.  Please keep me on! 🙂

"Young people, you must pray, for your passions are strong and your wisdom is little."C.H.Spurgeon

ori-art
        @ori-art

@r-m-archer

Okay, thanks! Was just curious.

-Mr. Benedict

Grace
        @h-jones

@libby Definitely! 😀

@r-m-archer
          @ori-art Yes, Zelda from Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. My fictional counterpart, unofficially. xD

Grace
          @h-jones

@gabriellepollack @libby @parker @i-David @r-m-archer @seekjustice @selah-chelyah @jane-maree @ashira @eden-anderson @chalice

Gonna be another busy Monday… pretty sure I’m going to have to end up changing the day officially. Perhaps Tuesday? I’m usually not busy Tuesdays (I suppose you could say they’re slow Tuesdays… aha //slapped). But that aside.

I’m back with some more Scripture!

<span style=”-webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0);”>*insert gif of that guy throwing confetti that I can’t get on here because I’m on mobile*</span>

Today I have chosen this lovely verse:

And this is eternal life, that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent.

John 17:3

So, little backstory (of course): one of my best friends got me a book called Knowing God by J. I. Packer (which I highly reccommend – I’ve yet to finish it, but thus far I am really enjoying it). It is dramatically effecting the way I verbalize my thoughts (expect this edition of Weekly Scripture to be wordy xD), but what’s more, it has gotten me to thinking.

“LeFou, I’m afraid I’ve been thinking…”

“A dangerous pastime—”

“I know.”

—“Gaston” reprise, Disney’s Beauty and the Beast

Mr. Packer, in the pages of his tome, makes the argument that one can know about God without actually knowing the God Himself. I feel like this is a pretty important thing to consider, because as I read the book, I kind of realized that yes, I feel like I do know a good bit about God – like one might know about Martin Luther King Jr., or Ed Sheeran, or Bob the Builder – but do I actually… know Him?

It’s pretty crazy to think about… I mean, I’m the kind of person who has grown up hearing and talking about God – my whole life has revolved around Him, so it didn’t really occur to me that I might not actually know Him. Like, know Him the way I would know a family member or something – someone I love, and care about, and listen to. Know Him like a friend.

I think that, maybe (at least in my case), it’s so easy to get so caught up in the knowing about God that we forget about the simple acting of trying to know Him. That is what I think eternal life is, after all—I think that’s what He wants, in the end. To know us, and to be known by us. While He may be our King, He is also very much our friend.

So, I’m gonna try to actually know God as opposed to just know about Him. I’m not entirely sure how that’s gonna work, but maybe reading Knowing God some more will be of help. xD

Anyway. Baby brother wants the phone now. 😂 Hopefully this gives y’all a little something to chew on. 🙂

ori-art
            @ori-art

@h-jones

Thanks for this great reminder. Like you, I’ve grown up in a ‘God amotsphere’ and knowing Him has been a struggle at times (though we do have to know about God before we can know Him). But actually knowing God is obviously important because Jesus is praying for us to know God…before His crucifixion. This is a great verse in a beautiful chapter. I think prayer is one way to get to know God…and we have such a good example in this chapter.

p.s. if you want another great book  to read…The Knowledge of the Holy by A.W. Tozer…it’s great. 😊❤❤

-Mr. Benedict

Selah CJW
            @selah-chelyah

@h-jones  Wow, this is an amazing post! I SO agree with you! So true! Have you ever read any books by John MacArthur? And the Bible itself is so chock-full of rich verses, of course!! :_

@ori-art
              That is a really good book as well, from all I have heard and read from it!

Assistant Guildmaster of the Phantom Awesome Meraki
            ~ Created to create ~

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 116 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest