fb

*waves* Heyo!

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself *waves* Heyo!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Linyang Zhang
    @devastate-lasting

*muffled screaming* I can’t believe I haven’t done this yet!

Hi, I’m Devastate, you probably know me from Kingdom Pen…

*whispers* I guess there was a problem with my attempting to pre-register for the guilds, but whatever.

So, yeah. Um, about myself?

I’m an INFJ, my Enneagram is Type 5, my ‘Who Are You’ quiz result is ‘The Dude’, etc.

I love to play the piano, and read, and sleep, and write…

So, I guess…if somebody could explain to me what’s going on right now, I would be (very) happy with that.

I’m looking forward to meeting you all!

"I set a melody upon the scenery I saw outside my window;
    It's beginning in my spacy world."
    - TK

Josiah DeGraaf
    @josiah

Hey @devestate-lasting! Welcome to the Story Embers forum. 🙂 What’s the premise of your current work-in-progress? And do you have specific questions about what’s going on here that I can answer for you?

Lit fanatic. Eclectic reader. Theology nerd. Writing fantasy at https://josiahdegraaf.com

Linyang Zhang
    @devastate-lasting

@josiah

Thanks for the welcome.

So, I’m planning out and writing a book series, and working on several projects at once. I’m editing the third draft of the first novel of the series, I’m transferring the first draft of the second novel onto my computer, so essentially rewriting it, and two days ago I just finished writing the first draft of the third novel down on paper. And as soon as I’m done writing my story for the competition that you’re hosting, I’ll be starting the fourth novel.

I’m also working on a separate novel with my friend, but we’re going slow with that.

So, after poking around today, I found the guild submission form, and filled it out, so I’m assuming that the guilds aren’t out yet? That’s like my only question right now, so…Thanks!

- TK

Josiah DeGraaf
    @josiah

@devastate-lasting Cool! Sounds like you’re doing a lot of things at once. 🙂

The Guilds are out but only accept new members at specific times. @daeus-lamb, do you have any info on when we’ll next be accepting applicants?

Lit fanatic. Eclectic reader. Theology nerd. Writing fantasy at https://josiahdegraaf.com

Linyang Zhang
    @devastate-lasting

🙂 I’m always pushing myself to do too much at once.

- TK

WarrenLuther04
    @warrenluther04

@devastate-lasting Hello there! I’m from KP too. 🙂 I’m the opposite of you: ENFJ-T. 😀 What’s an Enneagram? :\ Wow. You are impressive in that you can actually work on multiple projects at once!

I like your profile picture? Did you draw it?

House Vizsla, Clan Avis
    Member of the Alliance to Restore the Republic, Phoenix Squadron
    ENFJ-T

Linyang Zhang
    @devastate-lasting

@warrenluther04

Hi there! Honestly, I feel sometimes like I’m bordering on being extroverted, but that all depends. The Enneagram was like this other personality sorting system, and there are nine types of people.

I wish I had the talent to draw like that. No, it’s a guy from this anime I was watching a few months ago. And your picture, is that your dog?

- TK

WarrenLuther04
    @warrenluther04

@devastate-lasting Hello. That’s cool! What does it depend on? Oh. Okay. Could you send me the link? Now I’m curious….

Me too…. I can draw. But not that well. Oh, okay. Yep, that’s my puppy Goldie. 🙂 She’s six now. (Not really a puppy, but she acts like one so I still call her one. 😉 )

House Vizsla, Clan Avis
    ENFJ-T

Linyang Zhang
    @devastate-lasting

@warrenluther04 If there’s new people around, then I’ll be very extroverted. If it’s late at night, I’ll be extroverted. If the situation is awkward if I’m quiet, then I’ll be extroverted.

Let’s see…your signature…The only reference I know if the Star Wars one. What are the others?

- TK

WarrenLuther04
    @warrenluther04

@devastate-lasting Interesting. I’ll be introverted in certain situations too…like P.E. (But then, I hate P.E. at a public school anyway, soo…)

So the House Vizsla, Clan Avis is a thing that Mandalorians have. (Star Wars). So, all Mandos are divided into Houses (I think there’s about five currently) and then each House is divided into a clan. What’s in my signature is just how Mandos refer to each other. (Status and such)

Then the Member of the Alliance to Restore the Republic, Phoenix Squadron is a Star Wars Rebels reference. Phoenix Squadron is the rebel squadron that formed from the Spectres of Lothal during the early stages of the Rebellion. 🙂

Did I nerd out too much? 😉

(Oh, and the ENFJ-T is: Extroverted, Intuitive, Feeling (Empathy and whatnot), Judging (Which basically means that I use my judgement in decisions and stuff), and Turbulent (cuz I’m a teenager). I’m “the Diplomat,” apparently.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by WarrenLuther04. Reason: Randomness about ENFJ-T

House Vizsla, Clan Avis
    ENFJ-T

Linyang Zhang
    @devastate-lasting

No, no. You nerded out just the right amount, if not a little undernerded (-ing? Is that a word?)

I mean, I don’t know that much about Star Wars, I’ve watched a lot of the movies, read some of the books…

(I’m ‘the Advocate’)

Now, nerding out…ask me something about Harry Potter and I’ll go on and on…

- TK

ENU
    @enu

I found you!

(Hi everyone, I’m the guy who’s “going slow” with that separate novel)

"If it lacks artistic value, it is unworthy of being looked at."

Linyang Zhang
    @devastate-lasting

@enu AAH where were you I looked everywhere for you!

(Yes, here is that friend I mentioned earlier)

- TK

Sarah Narnathron
    @sarah-narnathron

Hello, @devastate-lasting! (Love your name, BTW! It sounds like either something out of an anime, or the name of a hero who deals a lot with fae and therefore has to come up with a cool psuedonym so his true name can’t be used against him.)

I’m Sarah, as you can see, an ISTP/J fantasy writer. I think I’m Type 6 with a 7 wing (or possibly Type 7 with a 6 wing) on the Enneagram. Also a fellow handwriting-first author, woop woop! (And very impressed at the number of projects you’re apparently balancing.)

Welcome to the masquerade.

Sarah Inkdragon
    @sarah-inkdragon

Hello, @devastate-lasting! I’m Sarah(you probably already knew that), and I’m also a dragon. Hence the username.

I love your profile pic. I’m a total anime/manga(maan-ga, people, not man-guh!) geek, Star Wars nerd, pianist, and caffeine enthusiast. I am also a fellow type 5 wing 4, an INTJ, the “Smart One” on all the Who Are You quizzes(which I take way to many of… *sighs* I get bored, okay?), and diplomatically blunt when it comes to tact. I am also apparently an innovative individualist.

I’m weird. But who cares. We rare INTJs are allowed to be weird.

So then, now that we both know a bit about each other,(as it is the social norm to introduce yourself when you meet a new person instead of just ranting about which animes you like and the new poison research you just did for your novel…) what genre do you write? I write… pretty much everything. Fantasy, sci-fi, dystopian, steampunk, historical, contemporary, etc… of course, none of them are published(we’re working on it). My main WIP right now is a fantasy trilogy that will. Not. Write. The. Beginning. The first chapter hates me, but I love all my characters to much to abandon them now.

And now that I’ve effectively ranted for about…. half a page, I’ll stop. There. Rant is finished. You can now go about your daily life and finish your read-sleep-write routine.

Farewell. Au revoir. Sayonara. Auf wiedersehen. Whatever.

"A hard heart is no infallible protection against a soft head."

- C. S. Lewis

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest