fb

*waves from tree-top perch*

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself *waves from tree-top perch*

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Corissa
    @corissa

Hullo everyone! I know most of ya’ll from Kingdom Pen, but I see a few people I’ve not yet met, so to all of you, it’s a pleasure to meet you. šŸ™‚

I go by the name Corissa and am currently a high school student taking dual credit college classes with the goal of earning a Bachelor’s in English and becoming a writer/book editor. Other than school, my days are also filled with reporting for the college paper, leading the girls choir at church, helping care for my 3-year-old brother, practicing piano/giving piano lessons, looking for good excuses to go outside, volunteering with the Good News Club my church is starting TODAY (prayers would be appreciated), and, when I find the time, writing.

Lately, the little bit of writing I’ve had time for has been either poetry or a weird paragraph that my brain wants to turn into a story but isn’t sure exactly in what way to do that. I have several books started and 2 finished (though they need MAJOR rewriting before I’m willing to share them with anyone šŸ˜› ). I prefer to write mysteries, action/adventure stories, Lamplighter-type stories (can someone help me figure out a genre for that? I mean the ones that aren’t mysteries, like House of Love or The Giant Killer), and historical fiction, though I’ve also dabbled in fantasy.

I love the idea of the guilds because I think they will give me the extra push I need to start really getting somewhere, and I can’t wait to get started! šŸ˜€

ENFJ. Messenger of Christ. "Living a life that demands an explanation."

Mariposa Aristeo
    @mariposa

Hi @corissa! *waves* I love action adventure stories. What are some of your favorite books?

I think dinosaurs are cooler than dragons. šŸ¦–

Rolena Hatfield
    @rolena-hatfield

@corissa *climbsupthetreeyou’rein* Well hello! Welcome to the Guilds šŸ™‚

Good News Clubs! I never taught one myself (though I have many friends that do) but I did do the summer 5-day clubs once upon a time. I’d love to hear how it goes!

Corissa
    @corissa

@mariposa I have a very long list… šŸ˜‰ Some of the top ones would be: Daniel (in the Bible), The Haunted Room (especially the audio reproduction), The Baker Family Series, The Mysterious Benedict Society, The Lamplighter, House of Love, Amy Carmichael by Heroes of the Faith (sadly now out of print šŸ™ ), the Hardy Boys mysteries, and many, many others. šŸ™‚

How about you?

Corissa
    @corissa

@rolena-hatfield Welcome to the tree! They’re such peaceful places, aren’t they? (until a spider crawls across your hand or falls into your lap… *shudders*)

That’s exciting! They’re amazing ministries and I can’t wait to see how the Lord uses this one. I’ll certainly let you know how it goes; the more prayers the better. šŸ™‚

Elizabeth
    @elizabeth

Hey there, Corissa! Nice to see you again!

Cool, cool, but what’s your MBTI type? We wants to know.

INTP. Writer of fantasy and sci-fi. Wannabe artist. Anime geek. Merakian.

Rolena Hatfield
    @rolena-hatfield

@corissa I LOVE climbing trees. Growing up we only had one large enough to climb in our fields and then it started dying and my sister fell out of the tree so we had to stop climbing. šŸ™ But they certainly are peaceful places! Eww. Except for the spiders.

I’ll be praying!

Corissa
    @corissa

@elizabeth ENFJ, though I sometimes switch to ENTJ (especially if I know we’re going to be watching a sad movie and I don’t want my emotions to become overwhelming… šŸ™ ). Definitely ENFJ though. šŸ™‚ How about you?

Corissa
    @corissa

@elizabeth Oh, never mind. I see it in your signature. XD

Elizabeth
    @elizabeth

Ah! Gotcha.

I’m an INTP, but there are times when I’m probably more of an INFP, which is interesting, sometimes. @corissa

INTP. Writer of fantasy and sci-fi. Wannabe artist. Anime geek. Merakian.

Hope Ann
    @hope-ann

*waves* Hello there, stranger. We should meet each other sometime.

Victory in the march. Hope in the destination.

Corissa
    @corissa

@hope-ann *blinks* Deary me. I almost didn’t recognize you through that sarcastic mask. XD

Yes. We should meet. Capital idea. XD

Christine Eaton
    @christieaton

@corissa Lamplighter and the Mysterious Benedict Society! I have to say that I heartily approve of your reading list. Welcome to the Guild!

ā€œI feel a loneliness for my Creator that pulls me like a migratory bird in the Fall.ā€

Corissa
    @corissa

@christieaton Thanks so much! Also, I just have to say that I love your signature. I’ve never thought of that as a mood before, but it sounds about right. šŸ˜€

Christine Eaton
    @christieaton

@corissa Thanks! I’m glad you like it. šŸ™‚ It’s always fun when somebody recognizes it and you realize that maybe you aren’t the only one in the world when it comes to being really nerdy.

ā€œI feel a loneliness for my Creator that pulls me like a migratory bird in the Fall.ā€

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest