fb

Watercolor painting needs improvement

Forums Art Art Critique Watercolor painting needs improvement

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    TheClumsy_Lamplighter
    @theclumsy_lamplighter

Enchantress painting

sorry the picture is a bit small, but have at it, this is my 3rd watercolor painting btw I’m so surprised at how easy this was!!!!

@the-fledgling-artist
    and @Chalice because they encouraged me to post this

and @H-jones was asking about my work sooo

I'm a Book person, caramel (most often paired with chocolate) lover and illustrating is my destiny.

Chalice
    @chalice

@theclumsy_lamplighter, Nice! I like the color scheme.

For critique, maybe you could do deeper shading, like in the dress or hair, as the color looks a little flat. Maybe that’s what you were going for that, though. *shrugs* Take my critique with a grain of salt. 😉

I think it’s great for only your third watercolor painting. Keep up the good work! What do you normally to do art?

ENFP-T/Artist/Writer/Musician
    “Creativity takes courage” -Henri Matisse

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@theclumsy_lamplighter I agree with Chalice! I love the colors, (if you can’t tell, I lovee blues and purples.) and overall I think you did great for your 3rd time! Is this one of your characters? She looks like she has a story.

"Though I'm not yet who I will be, I'm no longer who I was."

TheClumsy_Lamplighter
    @theclumsy_lamplighter

@Chalice

Thank you!!! I wanted to do deeper shading but I don’t have watercolor paper so I used sketchbook paper and I was scared it would bleed through if I put too many layers. But thank you!!!!

@The-Fledgling-Artist

Thank you again!!! It is not my character sadly, it was a fanart of The Enchantress from The Land of Stories bk. 2. So yes she does have a story. I recommend the series.

I'm a Book person, caramel (most often paired with chocolate) lover and illustrating is my destiny.

Chalice
    @chalice

@theclumsy_lamplighter, Okay, that makes sense. 🙂 You’re welcome!

ENFP-T/Artist/Writer/Musician
    “Creativity takes courage” -Henri Matisse

Lin
    @lin

@theclumsy_lamplighter I really like the purple tones in her dress and cloak! I do recommend buying watercolor paper some day. It will make painting so much more easier and fun (:

“I've loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.”

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@theclumsy_lamplighter

Cool!! ^-^

"Though I'm not yet who I will be, I'm no longer who I was."

TheClumsy_Lamplighter
    @theclumsy_lamplighter

fingers crossed I get some for Christmas @lin

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest