fb

Wassup Christ Fam

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Wassup Christ Fam

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Isaiah
    @allertingthbs

Thanks for @taylorclogston for inviting me to the forum. I’m excited to see more varying viewpoints on the Christian faith that we share, as that is one of the most effective ways to solidify said faith. At the moment I am teaching myself to both read and listen to more books. The only Marvel movies I haven’t seen are The Incredible Hulk and The Rise of Skywalker.

I have volunteered at the churches I attended for the past six years and am currently a volunteer member of Manchester Christian Church’s video production team.

I don’t have much experience in writing my own material, but I thoroughly enjoy books by Brandon Sanderson and John Scalzi. As I have started to consume more literature my inspirations have started to broaden as well.

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes"
    -Quipmaster 2005

Naiya Dyani
    @naiya-dyani

@allertingthbs Heyo! Welcome to SE! This is a pretty great place to explore God, writing, and how they blend. 😉

Hearts are like matter--they can be beaten down, torn, and burned, but they cannot be destroyed.

Taylor Clogston
    @taylorclogston

@allertingthbs Heya my lad. Glad to see you. Looking forward to you joining in the book club.

“The only Marvel movies I haven’t seen are The Incredible Hulk and The Rise of Skywalker.”

Hmmm.

"...the one with whom he so sought to talk has already interceded for him." -The Master and Margarita

Evelyn
    @evelyn

Hey welcome! I’m Evelyn (duh 😛 ) and I happen to be in the same writing group here as Taylor (go Parimi Alca! 😛 ).  I’m not on here as much as I once was, but I saw your introduction and wanted to drop in and say a hi!

The only Marvel movies I haven’t seen are The Incredible Hulk and The Rise of Skywalker.

Me too sir, me too. 😆

Isaiah
    @allertingthbs

@naiya-dyani @evelyn Thanks for the warm welcomes (Taylor doesn’t get a shoutout). Just curious but where do you all live? I live in New Hampshire and kinda wish I was somewhere warmer at the moment.

-Quipmaster 2005

Naiya Dyani
    @naiya-dyani

@allertingthbs Lol I live in the northeast . . . It’s actually pretty nice where I am right now. 😉 I love spring.

Hearts are like matter--they can be beaten down, torn, and burned, but they cannot be destroyed.

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@allertingthbs I live somewhere subjected to Eastern Standard time, and somewhere where the average temperature right now is in the 50s and 60s. 😉 I find it insanely refreshing after winter weather, and I now feel sorry for you looking up the highs and lows in New Hampshire, though they aren’t quite as far from my weather as I would have expected haha.

One of my favorite things about Spring is the smell of the fresh air, and this is the season where my windows are often open to catch the breeze. @naiya-dyani (:

Isaiah, what kind of books do you enjoy reading? I was struck again in passing by your remark about “teaching” yourself to read more. Do you enjoy reading, and just don’t have the time? Or are you trying to teach yourself to read different kind of books?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by Evelyn.
    Isaiah
    @allertingthbs

@evelyn I suppose when I say “teaching myself to read more” it means that I know that I enjoy reading. I have the time to set aside for it, just other unimportant things tend to clutter my time that could be spent consuming a book. I’m thoroughly enjoying (when I do read them) the Old Man’s War series by John Sclazi and the Stormlight Archives series by Brandon Sanderson. Now I just have to consciously designate reading/listening time for myself and buckle down.

And also this spring hasn’t really been that bad, I simply don’t have a good tolerance for cold weather.

-Quipmaster 2005

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@allertingthbs Ah neat! Brandon Sanderson is one of those authors I have heard so much about, but never gotten around to actually reading any of his books. Honestly I’m not sure where I would start. XD

Taylor Clogston
    @taylorclogston

@evelyn Start with The Final Empire, which is the first book in the first of the two Mistborn trilogies. It’s one of his best books, and introduces characters and concepts that keep coming up over his expanded universe.

That goes for you too, mein Bruder.

"...the one with whom he so sought to talk has already interceded for him." -The Master and Margarita

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@taylorclogston Okay perfect. Thank you!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest