WASSSUP EVERYONE *so much energy*

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself WASSSUP EVERYONE *so much energy*

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Shannon Caeley
    @shannon

No. I’m not usually this hyper. But this is a big deal for me.

Hey folks. You might know me if you ever called yourself a “Kapeefer”. And if you ever called yourself a Kapeefer and don’t know me, tough, you’ll figure it out.

Let me jog your memory. I have a crazy little sister Emily (who is not on here because she doesn’t really write anymore) and we used to have gif wars in writer’s corner. I’ve grown up, so I’m not going to do that anymore. Plus I’m super bad at finding gifs.

Anyway, to get down to the nitty gritty, I’m seventeen years old, a lover of classic fiction, a musician with my family band chordsofgrace.com, writer (obviously. I’m currently working on my first novella…and it’s a mess lol), a synesthete, which you should look up or ask me about because it is so cool but very confusing, an ENTP, dreamer, lover of mountains (I mean I don’t know who isn’t but still…), and I also write poetry (https://storyembers.org/stopped-started/) and short stories. And it looks like I’m also into run-on sentences. Anyway, I’m super excited to meet all of you, and I hope you won’t mind me bursting in on you like this…I’ve been known to crash parties ;).

I’m going to tag a few people on here that I’m not sure are still active, but I figure it’s worth a shot.

@catwing
      (the sun will always be a raspberry) @dekreel (I saw that picture you drew of all of the Kapeefers on the Kingdom Pen forum, it rocks!!) @daeus-lamb (how are raspberry’s and your crown?) @ethryndal @anne-of-lothlorien @snapper (hows the chair melting going?) @seekjustice @gracelivingston @sam-kowal (found your babylonian saber yet my friend?) @aislinn-mollisong

I’m sure I’ve missed some peeps but I hope everything is going well for you guys!

It will be wonderful. And if it isn’t, you will make it so.

Naiya Dyani
      @naiya-dyani

@shannon Hey, I didn’t find out about KP before it went on hiatus, but I love their stuff and am here, so. . . sudo-kapeefer? Maybe? (I wish. . .😅)

Anyway, hi! I’m Naiya. . . and I’m a synesthete, too! What kind have you got? I have color-grapheme and probably another kind that I haven’t seen mentioned anywhere (words kind of have inherent motion for me, though I don’t actually see them move). Don’t know if that’s synesthesia or if it’s actually normal and I’m just terrible at explaining things. 😝 My sister has it, too, and we enjoy getting into heated fake arguments about what color nine is (it’s pink, by the way. I don’t know where her ‘navy blue’ came from).

• This reply was modified 10 months, 1 week ago by Naiya Dyani.

Hearts are like matter--they can be beaten down, torn, and burned, but they cannot be destroyed.

Shannon Caeley
        @shannon

@naiya-dyani What? A fellow synesthete? Greetings! I have mirror touch synesthesia and another kind that I haven’t been able to find anything on. For me non-concrete ideas have colors lol. I can’t find it anywhere and it’s so frustrating. But I think that words having movement is definitely a type of synesthesia. I have color-grapheme synesthesia also, but only for two numbers and two letters, 6 is blue and 3 is orange, and they have been for all of my life haha. Also J is purple and A is red. Anyway yeah it’s kinda like a hidden super power isn’t it? It effects my writing especially a lot.

Chelsea R.H.
          @seekjustice

@Shannon

Heeellloooo!

I do indeed remember you. My army of paper cranes remembers you as well and will treat you kindly. 🙂

How’s things?

Mahalo keia huiʻana

Naiya Dyani
          @naiya-dyani

@shannon Ooh, mirror touch! I don’t know whether I would enjoy or hate having that. 😅 And hey, our letters are the same!

It really does affect writing! And reading. I hated reading the U.S. Articles of Confederation mainly because Articles is red and Confederation is yellow and I hate that combo 😝. It gave me a headache. Reading takes me way longer sometimes, too, if I’m not interested in the book because I get distracted by the motion over the meaning of the words. That’s happened less lately, though.

Synesthesia often influences my choice of character names. Characters I like often get names that I like the motion and color of, while bad characters get bad motions and colors. There are exceptions, though–my current WIP has a bad character with a green name, and I usually like those.

Hearts are like matter--they can be beaten down, torn, and burned, but they cannot be destroyed.

Shannon Caeley
            @shannon

Hey @seekjustice! Ahh yes, I remember your army of paper cranes well. I have never forgotten that story. It was so unique and special. I love how everything you read somehow becomes a part of you.
              Anyway, yeah things have been pretty good. I’m starting my first college course on December 30, so that’s scary and exciting at the same time haha. I also just got done with my second writing class with a super awesome teacher. It’s unfortunately also my last class with him, so that’s a little sad.

How’ve you been?

Shannon Caeley
              @shannon

@naiya-dyani Yeah I have a love hate relationship with my mirror-touch. It’s very frustrating when my family purposely bugs me by scratching themselves on their faces so I have to feel it, but it’s very cool when I’m watching a dear friend and can sort of feel everything they are feeling touch wise. But yeah it’s definitely weird.

Hey that’s so cool we have the same letters!

Yeah, thankfully it really doesn’t effect my reading too much, I don’t see it as physical words being colorful. I think I would find that frustrating.

Yes! I often have to figure out the right word to title each piece I write so that it’s the right color. Most of the short stories, poems, or longer pieces that I write have a color to them, so if I don’t get the title’s color just right, it can be very annoying. I think that is super cool that you can utilize that in character’s names though! I’m going to have to try that sometime!

Chelsea R.H.
                @seekjustice

@Shannon

Oh and by the way, I’m ninety percent sure I have some form of synesthesia too! I’m very visual about words and they all have colours and letters have personalities. Days of the week and numbers are the same. I’m also very visual regarding music and can “see” music. Have you ever seen those synesthesia music scores on Pinterest or something?

That paper cranes story ended up wining an international competition and I still regard that as my greatest writing moment.

Awesome! What are you studying at college? I’m currently studying dog training and Behaviour and I have a job at a dog daycare.

Mahalo keia huiʻana

Shannon Caeley
                @shannon

@seekjustice

Yes! I have seen the stuff about synesthesia as relates to music. One of my guitar teachers had synesthesia and because of that was able to teach himself perfect pitch. For me full songs have colors (my playlists are in fact titled by color), but some people have it where each note has a color. Is that how it is for you? And yes, I’ve also heard that colors and letters can have personalities. I think that is so cool!

Wow! I had no idea it won a competition! That is so great. I can imagine that being extremely exciting 🙂

That’s awesome! Someone I know trains guide dogs, and I think working with animals must be cool to have that as a job! The course I’m about to take is an Interpreting Literature course, but I’m studying to be an English major. I have hopes of being a Literature or Creative Writing teacher, using the major to further my writing education and classic literature education, and possibly starting a children’s book subscription box business.

Naiya Dyani
                  @naiya-dyani

@seekjustice Hey, my letters/numbers have vague personalities too! (By the way, am I the only one with favorite math facts by color? 5×6=30 is at the top of my list. . . Okay, I’ll stop 😛)

*whispers* Can you imagine how confused everyone else reading this must be? 😆

Also, where can this paper crane story be found? I’d love to read it!

• This reply was modified 10 months, 1 week ago by Naiya Dyani.

Shannon Caeley
                    @shannon

@naiya-dyani Unfortunately the only math fact I have by color is 3+6=9 which is a vaguely irritating one because I don’t have a color for nine.

And yes…I can’t even imagine their confusion. When I talk about this my family looks at me like I’ve lost it lol.

Chelsea R.H.
                      @seekjustice

@shannon

I think for me its more different pieces of music having different experience, I guess, but not having just one colour, but I can’t really tell the differences between notes so I don’t “See” or associate particular colours to particular notes.

that’s really cool! I love the sound of that course. I’d love to get into training service dogs eventually too 😀

@naiya-dyani

5×6=30 irritates me because 5 is a yellowy-orange colour and 6 is an almost unpleasant greenish, and 30 is deep navy blue and it just doesn’t look good together 😛 Numbers though are less strong for me than letters, and my favourite name, just because of the colour aesthetic is Eila Lancaster. That was the name of a character in a historical scifi mystery I once wrote. The MC had synaesthesia and fell pretty much in love at first sight because of this girls name and I’ve never forgotten that 😀 Its kinda weird.

Mahalo keia huiʻana

Shannon Caeley
                      @shannon

Yeah, I can’t tell the difference between notes either @seekjustice. Maybe I could if each seperate note had a color, but they don’t for me unfortunately. My little brother Daniel has perfect pitch and can tell you exactly what note you are playing just by hearing it…and I am honestly a tad bit jealous. It is such a super power in the music world. But his isn’t connected to synesthesia, so he looks at me like I’m a nut whenever I mention it lol.

Chelsea R.H.
                        @seekjustice

@Shannon

Lol. That is pretty cool about your brother though. I feel like I’m the opposite of pitch perfect though.

And speaking of mirror touch, I’d never heard of it before you and @naiya-dyani  mentioned it but it sounds fascinating after i looked at it.

Mahalo keia huiʻana

Shannon Caeley
                        @shannon

@seekjustice Yeah like I said, mirror-touch is interesting. Like I like it, but I hate it. It gives me chills when I can feel someone by just watching them…so weird.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                        Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest