fb

Wanna Chat?

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 197 total)
  • Author
    August Grace
    @august-grace

@shadowwriter161

*does happy dance with you* Same!!!!! The only language my pen pal and I speak, other than some English, is sarcasm! 🙂

What do you mean by ‘mesh’? *thinks about the moment when I slap my face and go ‘I should have known that!’*

May I ask, which part of the world are you from/what country do you live in?

Aussie contortionist, acrobat, photographer, filmmaker, runner, musician and health fanatic.

ShadowWriter161
    @shadowwriter161

@august-grace

Ooo, having a pen-pal sounds really cool. What’s it like?

I probably could’ve used a better word. What I meant was, if you could take two books and combine them into one, which books would you pick? Haha, I hope that makes sense.

I am a little hesitant to share to much about my location, (you know the internet and all), but I think it’s safe to share that I live in the U.S. *smiles and waves a tiny flag* I kinda gathered that you like in Australia…? If that’s to nosy, then feel free to ignore this next question. What’s it like there?

August Grace
    @august-grace

@shadowwriter161

This pen pal of mine is actually really special. *smiles at the thought* I’ve only ever met her once and we live very far apart. It’s actually really special to have her as a friend. We’ve been in letter contact for almost five years now. When ever we mention that, we are both amazed because we both find it somewhat hard to keep in contact (if that makes sense…). Anyway, I really think God has kept us together for a reason. 🙂

Two books I could mesh together? (btw I thought you might mean combine when you said mesh… I just didn’t want to come across as a weirdo. *hides face in hands*) I’d probably combine Fawkes and The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe together… don’t ask why…because to be honest, I don’t know why either.

Yes I’m from Australia!!!! *waves a little patriotic flag in return* haha ask me what my country is like, I will give you library of books about how beautiful it is. People say it’s dry… and yes that’s true… but even through that harshness, it’s still a beautiful sunburnt country to me.

Do you like nature? Before you ask if I am too, let me tell you: I COULDN’T LIVE WITH OUT IT. Full stop.

Aussie contortionist, acrobat, photographer, filmmaker, runner, musician and health fanatic.

ShadowWriter161
    @shadowwriter161

@august-grace

First, let me say that I’m sorry it’s taken me so long to reply.

Having a pen-pal, especially one you’re so close to, has to be amazing! How exactly does one get one? Haha.

Your combination sounds AWESOME! *eyes widen like a cartoon character* And you are not coming across as a weirdo. In fact, *blushes because this is going to sound super cheesy* it feels like we’ve been friends for years…and yet we’ve never met. (If that makes any sense at all) *hides face behind book*

Australia! Wow! What’s it like there? What is your favorite thing about Australia? Also, I have to ask, what time is it there? XD

To answer your last question: YES!! My favorite place to be is outside. Also, I saw you were a photographer….I am too! How cool it that? What kind of things do you like to photograph? And feel free to not answer any question you don’t want to. 😀

J.R. Scott
    @lord-of-watermelon

Hello,@august-grace

I have not been very active lately, but I was reading over some of your posts and I saw that you are a film maker. Forgive me for being ignorant, as I do not have time to go back and read over every part of the conversation, but I am beginning to dabble in film myself. What kind of film stuff do you do? Do you lean more towards narrative film or videos of landscape?

Anyway, just curious.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by J.R. Scott.

“I have said that she had no face; but that meant she had a thousand faces”
    ― C.S. Lewis

August Grace
    @august-grace

@lord-of-watermelon

Hello J.R. Scott

I make mountain biking films with my brother, vlogs and workout videos. Our projects on mountain bikes lean to more of the narrative side of film. What side of film making are you in to? Do you have any favourite film makers (e.g. on youtube)?

I’m glad that there is someone else on here interested in film making!

Have an awesome day!

August Grace
    @august-grace

@shadowwriter161

No! That doesn’t sound cheesy! I feel like we’ve been friends for ages now!

haha ask me what Australia is about…. that’s a very hard and broad question to answer! My fave thing about my country would have to be its rustic beauty. Currently as I write this, it’s 11:45 in the morning. 🙂

*screams at the screen in excitement and bangs fist on table.* YES ANOTHER PHOTOGRAPHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *earth to august grace*

Sorry, I know that sounds very weird, I just work like that. *grins proudly in the name of weirdness*

I enjoy model and dance photography, as well as landscape and I do want to start taking wildlife photos. What about you? I guess you can say I haven’t particularly found my ‘voice’ in photography yet… it’s coming… slowly. XD

ShadowWriter161
    @shadowwriter161

@august-grace

Yay *does a happy dance and hums music* I’m so happy I’ve found someone as weird as I am, (in the best way, of course.)

Australia sounds incredible. Maybe I’ll visit one day 😀 If I did, what is something I would HAVE to see? Also, wow, time zones. Haha XD

Yes! Photography is definitely another one of my passions. Just recently I started to take it more seriously. I mainly do portraits and landscapes. But I love anything really related to photography in general. You’ll find your voice soon enough, I’m sure. Although, I’m not sure I’ve found my mine yet either.

You do not sound weird, at all. Lol. I get it *grins back* Is that scary? XD

If you could visit anywhere on Earth, where would it be? I know, random question. But an interesting one nonetheless 😛

J.R. Scott
    @lord-of-watermelon

@august-grace

Nice. Is coming up with content frequently to make videos on easy for you?

I’m definitely into the narrative/plot side of film. As far as favorite youtubers go, I have to say that GoHerping is my favorite. But as far as film directors go, Christopher Nolan is a favorite.

Who is your favorite Youtuber(s)?

― C.S. Lewis

August Grace
    @august-grace

@shadowwriter161

Hello!!!!!! I know! I love it when I find somebody who is as weird and wonderful as I am (trust me, I have come across people who just don’t get my weird side.)

I actually forgot to answer your question from you previous message (so sorry)! It was the one about how to get a pen pal…. well, um you just get one. Ha sorry. Well, back then I didn’t have e-mail or all that communication stuff, so we decided the best way to keep in touch was by  letter, and that’s our tradition (with the occasional email tho). We just met at a school event and yeah, ‘clicked’ and here we are with how ever many miles we are apart.

I wouldn’t say that’s scary… more exciting and uplifting when somebody understands the much more complex wiring for a sarcastic nerd’s brain. 🙂

I would TOTALLY go to Africa. I believe that’s where God is calling me to serve Him. As much as I want to travel, I tell myself that even though traveling is special, it cannot even compare to the beauty God is preparing for us in Heaven. So, Africa is on the top of my list. But any place I might want to travel one day would be either New Zealand again or Hawaii. What about you?

August Grace
    @august-grace

@lord-of-watermelon

Hello J.R. Scott

Creating content isn’t too much of a struggle for me. With Vlogs I simply just film. Whereas with a workout vid (obviously) I plan the workout before. Then with our mountain biking film projects, we simply bounce off ideas, go film and let the creative juices flow. It comes together pretty cool in the end. I have to confess, never heard of those youtubers before, but I’ll definitely check ’em out.

My fave YT channel? Ha I was just waiting for that question. And no, I can’t pick one. 🙂

Hayden Pederson, Peter McKinnon, Joseph Garcia, 7th Era and Will Gallihugh.

I guess because you are in the SE forum, that you are a writer? Please forgive me if I’m wrong.

ShadowWriter161
    @shadowwriter161

@august-grace

First, sorry is taken me so long to reply. And second, yeah it’s great when that happens. Sometimes, when you feel like people don’t get you, it can be hard to be yourself around them.

If I’m being completely honest, *hides face behind book to hide embarrassment* I forgot I even asked that question. Lol *face palm*

I think it’s really cool and interesting to communicate with someone like that. To me, letters are way cooler then text and email.

Africa. Wow. I can’t even imagine how beautiful and wild that place would be. And I admire the fact that you want to go there because you feel it’s God’s calling for you. Some people don’t seem to understand what that means, and I’m glad that you do. 😀

Wait, you’ve been to New Zealand??? What?! Awesome! (Sorry, I got a little over-excited there. Haha.) What was it like? Was it as amazing as everyone says it is?

Where would I go…hmm. Anywhere. Everywhere. But if I had to pick one place, it would probably be Texas. I know, super exotic right?

So, it’s ShadowWriter161’s weird question time! *que cheesy game show music* Here’s the question: Make a book into a movie, or a movie into a book?

J.R. Scott
    @lord-of-watermelon

@august-grace

That’s pretty cool! I’ve never been able to come up with content really easily–I usually have to take my time to create content.

I’ve never heard of those YouTubers before… I have to admit I’m really not familiar with the “youtube world,” and who’s popular and other stuff.

Yes, I am definitely a writer. I usually write fantasy, but I’ve slowly begun moving into writing drama with fantastical elements. Though I haven’t published anything yet, I’ve written two fantasy books, and several short stories, and now I’m delving into writing screenplays.

What about you? What do you write?

― C.S. Lewis

August Grace
    @august-grace

Hey J. R. Scott!

*bangs fist on table excitedly* Yes you write fantasy too! I’m currently on my first Fantasy novel, my third book. How do you make your fantasy worlds seem real though? To me, mine seems awesomely real, but I’m worried that it will seem like a , flat, over created thinga ma jig to my readers. I do think though, that Fantasy is the genre for me at the moment. I really feel in my element as a creator, when I get to make a whole world.

I’m not actually very familiar with ‘who is youtube famous’ and all that either. Just those guys that I mentioned as my faves, have simply stuck with me ‘cos well, two of them are fellow Aussies…. so yeah, I have this thing for Australian youtubers/film makers. I know it sounds weird, but I get excited when I find an Aussie on youtube. (I mean… if they are good.)

May I ask what your WIP is atm? I mean, if you have one?

August Grace
    @august-grace

@shadowwriter161

No worries! I’m so sorry as well for not replying sooner!

Yeah, letters just get me so excited. I love them because…. well…. it’s hard to explain. You know what I mean, don’t you?

Haha New Zealand…. yeah. It was nothing short of awesome! Let’s just say it is really beautiful and that I want to go back there again. *grins*

Hey! Great question! That is such a hard question though! What about you? ok…. I honestly don’t know my answer for this. *cheesy grin*

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 197 total)
  • The forum ‘Introduce Yourself’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest