Wanna Chat?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 102 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  J.R. Scott 20 hours, 34 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 103 total)
  • Author

Chalice
    @chalice

@shadowwriter161, I’m not sure, since I learned mostly from different art books. What style are you interested in learning?

Haha, you’re fine. 😉 That’s really neat! 🙂

Something I love about writing is the ability to put the stories on my heart onto a page and explore truths. The hard thing for me is that I love stories and the characters I create, but I have a hard time putting it all on the page in the same way that I have it in my head. So when I reread my writing, I’m like, “Nope, this isn’t how it’s supposed to feel.” 😝

Anyway, sorry for that rant, it’s just something I struggle a lot with.

I’ve been writing for six years, but just started getting more serious about it recently. What about you?

ENFP-T/Artist/Writer/Musician
    “Creativity takes courage” -Henri Matisse

ShadowWriter161
    @shadowwriter161

@chalice

I would really like to learn how to draw human forms and the such. But I’m not sure how to go about starting. 😀

No apology needed for the rant, I get it completely. I, for one, tend to write the story scene in my head, and play it out like a movie, (if get what I mean, lol). But sometimes it just doesn’t come out the way I want it to on paper.

I’ve been writing for 3/4 years, I think. But I didn’t really get serious about it till I started working on my main WIP.

What about you? Do you have many WIPs?

Chalice
      @chalice

@shadowwriter161

Yeah, well, I don’t know if they would be helpful for you and the style you’re going for, but Lee Hammond’s art books are what really gave the push into realistic drawing. 🙂 So that’s my recommendation.

Yes! I do the same thing. 🙂

I have a few WIPs, but just one that I’m really focusing on and trying to get finished right now. I kinda struggle with staying motivated though. 😛

ShadowWriter161
      @shadowwriter161

@chalice

Thank you for the recommendation. 🙂

I have quite a few WIPs, but – like you – I have one main one I’m really focusing on.

What is your story about? If you don’t mind me asking. 😀

Also, I get not feeling motivated at times. It’s something I struggle with too.

One thing I have to ask… Are you doing the artwork for your book?

Chalice
        @chalice

@shadowwriter161

You’re welcome.

No, I don’t mind. My story is about a cursed prince who goes on a journey to find the fairy who cursed him, and discovers the painful price of true love. That’s my one sentence (and kinda sappy sounding 😝) summary, anyway. 😊 What’s yours about?

Well, it’s nice to know I’m not alone. 🙂 Do you have any things you like to do to help with motivation?

No, It doesn’t really have illustrations or anything, but I have tried a few character sketches.

ShadowWriter161
        @shadowwriter161

@chalice

Wow! Sappy or not, that book sounds amazing! I will be first in line when it gets published. 😉

My story is about a wealthy girl and her friends and how they have to solve the mystery of who is trying to murder her. That’s the basic summary anyway, I’m not really good at those. XD

You are totally not alone. At some point, I’m pretty sure everyone struggles with motivation.

Something I’ve found that helps me, is going back over what I’ve written before. Like, going back to a part I had worked really hard on, one I’d poured my heart and soul into. Seeing a section of the book completed, seems to help motivate me to work on the next part.

Lol, sorry to info dump on you there. XD But I hope that helps.

Chalice
          @chalice

@shadowwriter161. sorry for taking so long to reply. 😛

Aw, you’re so sweet! Your story sounds thrilling! Are you working on your first draft?

Yes, great advice! I think that will help. 🙂

ShadowWriter161
          @shadowwriter161

@chailce

It’s fine. 🙂

I’m serious about your book though. 😉

Thank you. Yes, it’s my first draft, but I have a pretty good amount completed.

I’m glad I could help. 🙂 One of the main reasons I love this place is because everyone is so willing to help. It makes me feel so welcome. 😀 Lol

Chalice
            @chalice

@shadowwriter161, Well, thank you! I’ll try to let you know if it ever gets published. 😁

That’s awesome! I’m working on my first draft as well. 🙂

Yes!! I love that about Story Embers too! 😊

ShadowWriter161
            @shadowwriter161

@chalice

Yay! *does happy dance*

Do you ever struggle with getting your words and story to flow the way you want them to? Because I’ve been trying to work on my story some more, but it’s just not coming out the way I want it to. Do you have tips to help with that? Or is it some kind of strange ’me problem’? Haha XD

Chalice
              @chalice

@shadowwriter161,

No, that’s definitely not just a “you problem”. I struggle with that a bit too, so I don’t know how much of a help I can be. 😝 Sometimes when I’m having trouble getting a sentence or paragraph to flow, it helps if I try to think of the way I would say it if I was just telling a friend (if that makes sense 😛 ). But I don’t know if that’s really what you’re asking about, is it?

As for getting your story and scenes to flow better, I’m not sure if I have any tips for that, since I’m still kind of working on it myself.

ShadowWriter161
              @shadowwriter161

@chalice

First, let me say, I’m sorry for not replying to you sooner.

Second, thank you for the advice. It was exactly what I needed, and it made complete sense to me. Lol

Is it bad that I’m kinda glad I’m not the only one who struggles with it? Lol! XD

August Grace
                @august-grace

HEEEEEYYYYYYY! umm… hi!

I know you posted this a lil’ while ago, but just wanted to say hi! I’m new here too.

Do you have any WIPs? Mine is a fantasy… *glances at the keyboard and realizes how boring that sounds*

I would love to chat if you have the time!

Aussie contortionist, acrobat, photographer, filmmaker, runner, musician and health fanatic.

ShadowWriter161
                  @shadowwriter161

@august-grace

I am so sorry I haven’t replied to you sooner! I don’t always realize when someone has responded to me.

I would love to chat with you! *grins*

I do have some WIPs, mine is a contemporary teen fiction novel. Your WIP doesn’t sound boring at all. I wish I could write good fantasy. Lol XD

What is your WIP about? If you don’t mind me asking. 😀

Do you have any favorite authors or books series? A favorite series of mine is The Wingfeather Saga. Have you ever heard of it?

August Grace
                    @august-grace

@shadowwriter161

Aweosme! *returns grin*

Not a problem. I’m never fussed about people not replying ‘soon enough’. 🙂

My WIP is about a half blind boy (he is also going blind in his only eye) who has been ‘deserted’ by his father and his mother died when he was little. He befriends a Mexican girl and together they discover a cipher that will lead them to what their hearts need most. Chase (my MC) believes it will lead to healing from his emotional and phusical pain. Eventually the cipher leads the Mexican girl (Maria) and Chase into another world and a race against time begins. They need to set the land free of the darkness that grows each day… otherwise they and the followers of good will turn into living statues of diamond. (they still breath, and are still alive, except they are trapped for eternity.)

I know that sounds weird *laughs embarrassed* but… fantasy is ‘sposed to be like that I guess. At least mine are. What is your WIP about?

I never actually heard of The Wingfeather Saga. It sounds so cool though!  My fave authors would have to be Nadine Brandes, C.G. Drews, C.S. Lewis, Darrell Pitt, Michael Morpurgo, Chuck Black and Dandi Daley Makall. And I’m pretty sure there are a ton more… *looks at the screen and realizes how many there are*

Thanks for writing!

Aussie contortionist, acrobat, photographer, filmmaker, runner, musician and health fanatic.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 103 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+ readers answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest