Wanna Chat?

This topic contains 142 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  ShadowWriter161 4 days, 1 hour ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 143 total)
  • Author

Kayla Skywriter
    @kayla-skywriter

Thanks.

@shadowwriter161 I have always been interested in writing, but I only started really working on it about two years ago.

How we chose to fight is just as important as what we fight for

Kayla Skywriter
    @kayla-skywriter

@shadowwriter161 who wrote The Ryn?

Catwing
    @catwing

@shadowwriter161 *throws feathers* Welcome to Story Embers! 😀
    Your book sounds cool. 🙂
    I actually have a character with a similar name, Alexandria, but she goes by Alex. I just thought that was funny. 😛 But don’t worry the plot is different and it’s Fantasy plus Sci-fi.

When your wings are weak and you feel like you can't fly any farther you're halfway there!

ShadowWriter161
    @shadowwriter161

@catwing Hi! Thank you! *bows dramatically* It’s a pleasure to be here 😀

My character goes by Alex too! How weird is that? Lol.

Your book sounds really interesting. Can you tell me about it?

ShadowWriter161
      @shadowwriter161

@kayla-skywriter

Sorry it’s taken me so long to respond. I’m still learning how to use the site 😀

The author of The Ryn is Serena Chase. I highly recommend.

Catwing
        @catwing

@shadowwriter161 Yes. Everyone’s really nice. 😀

That makes sense actually. Cause if you have a longer name you’re probably going to have a shortened version. At least I think… I could be entirely wrong. XD It at least seems that why with characters. *shrug*

The title is Finding Secrets.
        This is the current blurb/summary:
        Alex and her friends all receive mysterious notes from someone calling themselves ‘The Cloak’ saying that they have been chosen by the King and must find three jewels. The Ruby, the Sapphire, and the Emerald. But who do they give too?
        As they receive more riddles Alex struggles to find any answers. Answers that may be secrets – Secrets that some people would rather stay hidden. Even some secrets of her own. Wounds from her past. Are her friendships strong enough to survive the secrets of her past?

If you have questions on how to use the site feel free to ask. 😀
        Fyi there’s a subscribe button in the right hand corner of threads if you want to follow a thread. But you automatically follow threads you create. 🙂

When your wings are weak and you feel like you can't fly any farther you're halfway there!

ShadowWriter161
        @shadowwriter161

@catwing

Wow. *mouth hangs open in awe* That story sounds amazing! I’m literally dying to read it already 😀

And the way you described it *claps hands vigorously* was incredible!

I’m still learning how to reply to people, tag them and the like. But I’ve felt nothing but welcome since I got here 🙂

Catwing
          @catwing

@shadowwriter161
          Thanks. XD
          I actually started the very first draft way back in 2014… I’ve changed the plot a few times *cough*and taken long breaks from it*cough* My writing has grown a lot since then. Which is really good. Story Embers and Kingdom Pen have been major in helping me become a better writer. 🙂
          (Kingdom Pen is by some of the same people. The joining the forum and submissions are closed, but there are some helpful videos and articles. 🙂 )
          Do you have a summary/blurb for your book?

*takes a bow* Thank you. I’m currently rewriting a draft of it. It seems to be getting better each time (That’s kinda the point of drafts. :P). I’m kinda slow though. XP

You’ll get the hang of it. 🙂

ShadowWriter161
          @shadowwriter161

@catwing

Wow. I can’t remember when I started my first draft….But it might’ve been around that time too 😀

I can try to give you a plot summary of my story, but it won’t be near as good as yours 😉

(I’m not the best at explaining things, so forgive me if it’s not easy to understand.)

My story is about a 16 year old named Alexandrea Monarch. She goes to a boarding school and meets some new friends. But, someone is trying to kill her. So it’s basically an adventure about how they figure out who is trying to kill her XD (Like I said, I don’t explain things well)

Catwing
            @catwing

@shadowwriter161
            I had to look back through my old drafts and when it said I created the doc to figure that out. 🙂

That’s okay. I’ve polished and revised mine a lot. It’s the one I show people if they want to know about my book.

Your book sounds very intriguing. 😀
            And don’t worry sometimes I don’t explain things well either. 😉

ShadowWriter161
            @shadowwriter161

@catwing

My first draft started off on paper, then I switched to using a notepad app on my phone. It seems to work the best for me.

If I’m being completely honest… I’m always a bit nervous about sharing my work with others.

Does that happen to you too?

Catwing
              @catwing

@shadowwriter161
              I used to write my stories on paper, but then I realized I would have to type them up so since then I’ve been writing digital. I don’t remember when I did but it was before I started Finding Secrets, cause I started that on the Pages app. Since then I’ve moved to Google Docs. Which works good for people to put comments and stuff on. 😀

Yeah. I’ve gotten better at it over time. But occasionally I wonder if my story is stupid or ridiculous or that I’ll never finish it or whether I should even finish it or that it’s too weird or why would they want to hear about it? But not everyone is going to like a story. Some people will like it, some people won’t. I’m going to keep writing cause I enjoy it… and cause my friends that Alpha/Beta read my book want me to finish and write the sequel. XD
              I do like talking to my friends about my stories, cause it’s something I enjoy working on. So usually with them it’s not too hard. 🙂

ShadowWriter161
              @shadowwriter161

@catwing

I’ve heard of Alpha/Beta readers before, but I’ve never really known what they are. XD

Most of my friends don’t know I like to write, I keep it mostly to myself. That’s why I was so happy to find Story Embers. It helps to be connected to other people who enjoy writing as much as I do 🙂

Kayla Skywriter
                @kayla-skywriter

@shadowwriter161

Thanks, I have added that to the list of books I need to read. Is it part of a series?

ShadowWriter161
                @shadowwriter161

@kayla-skywriter

Yes. It’s called The Eyes Of E’veria series. There are technically four books, but the last two are about characters you meet in the first two books. The first two books are ‘The Ryn’ and ‘The Remedy’. The last two are called ‘The Seahorse Legacy’ and ‘The Sunken Realm’.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 143 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+ readers answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest