fb

Villain/Antagonist Development Questions

Forums Fiction Characters Villain/Antagonist Development Questions

Viewing 14 posts - 46 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    Mischievous Thwapling
    @mischievous-thwapling

@arindown @kimlikesart

N-i-i-i-i-i-ce, you two!!! I’m doing some plot renovations still, so it might be a couple days until I post some more answers, FYI 🙂

If your dreams turn to dust... vacuum.
    ~Author Unknown

Kimmi
    @kimlikesart

24. What is something you will never forget?  Continued:

“Uh, eight I suppose…” *Chest tightens, the images awful, racing through his mind. He has never put them to words…* “Uh,” *swallows hard, eyes getting hot and red.* “Clarence died…” *bites his bottom lip, fighting emotions he can’t contain* “I might as well have pulled the trigger on him.” *looks away, shakes head, swallows VERY hard.* “I, I…I watched him die. He was shot in the back by Carbon. Dead before I got back to him…” *eyes narrow as he sees Clarence’s face as it had been* “His eyes were so vacant… So full of pain and fear? He,” *…* “He…” …. He is in hell

“Nine?” *Cash’s pain slowly turns to anger, and he scoffs at the number* “Nine? I’ll tell you. Just a few days later Wang showed back up with this girl. The fool. No one would take the girl’s life… And? For some freakish reason that went against all logic? I did….” Now I can be thrown in jail for murder… *then his chest aches for a different reason.* “I murdered a girl?” *looks at his hands, eyes far away* “I murdered?” and I hate myself for it…

Jominkreesa

Passion = A Willingness To Suffer

Anne of Lothlorien
    @anne-of-lothlorien

@wingiby-iggiby Thanks! Blanke is a very sweet character to write, in all honesty. Even though he’s the villain, he cares so much for his little girl. Oh, here’s my favorite part I’ve written with them if you want to read it. @kimlikesart Maybe you too in the spirit of this post…

“What does ‘a bright little thing’ mean? I thought it meant you were shining and all light, but when I told that to Keera, she just laughed and smiled, like you are doing. Papa, what’s it really mean?”
    “It means, darling, that you are incredibly smart. Almost a genius.” Blanke touched her nose and she wrinkled it, dimples flashing.
    “I see.” They made their way down the ramps, her taking two steps for his one. “But… how can I be a genius if I don’t know what bright means?”
    Blanke swept her into his arms and carried her down the hallway. She shrieked with laughter. “Because no one is perfect.”
    “Aren’t you perfect, Papa?”
    The astonishment and disappointment in her little face was enough to make him want to lie.
    “No.” He said it very low, gently setting her on the ground and stroking her hair. “I’m not.”
    Tisha studied him carefully, then smiled.
    “That’s okay Papa. I still love you.”
    He folded her into his arms, laying her head down on his shoulder.
    “I love you too.”

I'm short, I like words, and I love people.
    No, I didn't draw my profile pic.

Wingiby Iggiby
    @wingiby-iggiby

@anne-of-lothlorien

That was one of the sweetest/saddest things I have ever read! Blanke is someone, going from what I know, who just wants to prove himself to himself and his daughter. I love Trisha’s innocence. That was so touching!

BTW, I love your name^ 😉

I light the arrow, pull the bow,
    Shoot that fire right through my soul.

Kimmi
    @kimlikesart

@anne-of-lothlorien

That was beautiful. *shaking head in wander* Can you tag me if you post anymore?

Jominkreesa

Passion = A Willingness To Suffer

Mischievous Thwapling
    @mischievous-thwapling

@anne-of-lothlorien

I’m going to be completely honest: I melted when I read that.  Literally melted.  How Tisha thought he was perfect, then said she still loved him even though he wasn’t, and Blanke’s affection for her… *throws hands into the air in defeat because I am utterly inadequate to describe the beauty of that scene* Like Gracie said, tag me if you ever post anymore….

~Author Unknown

Anne of Lothlorien
    @anne-of-lothlorien

@wingiby-iggiby Thank you! Yes, Tisha is the most important thing in Blanke’s life. He’ll do anything to keep his daughter safe.

(I love my name too, thanks. 🙂 )

@kimlikesart
    Aw, thank you so much! I’ll definitely tag you if I post more. 🙂

@mischievous-thwapling
    I didn’t know so many people would love this little bit. That really encourages me, thank you guys! I’ll tag you too if any more of this shows up.

I'm short, I like words, and I love people.
    No, I didn't draw my profile pic.

Mischievous Thwapling
    @mischievous-thwapling

@anne-of-lothlorien

Yeah! I’m glad that it encourages you 😀 Yay! Thanks!!

~Author Unknown

Sam M
    @sam-m

Hi, guys! Here are a few answers for my villain, Dante.

Do you care about him/hero at all? Or do you now see him/hero as a problem?

Yeah, he’s my best friend. But he is becoming a problem.

Who do you admire?

Can I say myself? Um…I guess I admire Lauren, because she’s so authentic and bold. She doesn’t have to pretend to be somebody else. I admire Judah because, even though it’s annoying, he’s kind to people. And relentless -that I can relate too.

What do you fear?

What makes you think that I’m afraid of anything?

Ugh…fine. I’m afraid that I’ll kill all the people who are responsible for my dad and I’ll be left with emptiness and anger and pain. I’m afraid I’ll always be alone, I guess. Also, I’m not crazy about eternal destruction.

What line will you never cross?

I won’t kill a child. Or hurt one. I won’t kill Lauren, Jordan, or Frankie and I would prefer not to hurt them. I really, really don’t want to kill Judah.

What is something funny you do? Do you have any weird habits?

Does moonlighting as the most powerful crime boss in the city count as a weird habit?

I collect cassette tapes, because Naima used to do that. She loved them. I bought her one for everything birthday and Christmas. When I listen to them, it makes me feel less alone.

Skylarynn
    @skylarynn

Odd thing is that I have a lot more reformed villains than actual villains, so figuring out who to do the questions for was hard…several villains don’t really have much of a backstory, which is part of the problem.  I have a tendency to make murderous narcissists who don’t care about much.  So I’m using the surprise villain from one of my stories since he’s more fleshed out than the obvious villain.

1. Where did you grow up?

Travelling in the woodlands around the Wold.  We had to keep moving constantly to avoid the Maeres hunting for me, but I didn’t know it at the time.

2. Who took care of you, if anyone?

My foster mother, Kezia, and her family.

3. Were you ever loved as a child? If so, by whom?

I’m told my birth parents loved me, but I don’t remember them.  Kezia raised me as one of her own brood, even giving me preference to some of her sons.

4. As a child did you ever love someone? If so, who?

Kezia was my mother, and I loved her as such.  I was also close with one of her daughters, a slip of a girl named Sindri, though that didn’t last very long.  Cynthia was my true love, until I lost her.

5. Who acted as mentor for you? Did you ever have one?

Danior, Kezia’s oldest son.  He taught me to hunt and defend myself.  And when I came of age he followed me as a companion in arms.

6. How many people have you ever trusted? What was the result of that trust? (Explain for each person.)

I trusted Kezia with my life and my happiness during my childhood.  She always kept me safe and protected, hidden from the Maeres.
    I had trusted Sindri too, but she broke it.  So I drowned her.
    Danior was my brother, he had my faith.  He never did anything to lose my trust, and he is still by my side.
    I’ve trusted Serpo to fight alongside me, because I know he will choose me over the Maeres, but I sleep with an eye open to make sure I don’t get a knife to the ribs.
    I loved Cynthia and told her everything, but I think she feared me towards the end and it shook her faith in me.  But she gave me no reason to distrust her.  What she is now was not her doing; I cannot even say it is really her.  So I say Cynthia never betrayed my trust.

7. Who has hurt you? In what way were you hurt? How did you/are you dealing with it?

Sindri.  I thought she loved me, but she betrayed me for another of my band.  She would not tell me who.  In a rage, I drowned her.  It was a moment of weakness, I admit, but I do not think she was undeserving.  However perhaps if I had restrained myself Serpo would be less likely to want me dead.

8. Is there anyone who you currently love?

Rolinde.  I admit it is more of an idle love than something as deep and strong as my bond with Cynthia, but it is a love all the same.  We care for each other and guard each other’s backs, but I cannot share my secrets with her as I did with Cyn.

9. Is there anyone who you currently need? How do you feel about needing to rely on someone?

I need all of my companions, except perhaps Serpo.  I used to believe I would be better off as a self-reliant loner, but after what happened to Cynthia I came to appreciate the skills and abilities of my friends.  Without them I would not have lived nearly so long.  Danior, Rolinde, Tamara and Hester especially.

10. Do you have any friends?

Yes, almost all of my companions.  Serpo is more in the ‘allied enemy’ territory, as his desire to defeat Ingor is stronger than his disdain for me.  Danior is my brother; Rolinde is a good friend I am intimate with; Tamara cares for all of us and looks after us; Hester, despite her dourness, is one of our fiercest fighters; Naomi and Patrin are just as loyal as the others, though I do not know them as well.

"Remember, you go nowhere by accident. Wherever you go, God is sending you." - Rev. Peter R. Hale

Skylarynn
    @skylarynn

Continuing the above

11. Do you desire to protect anyone?

Rolinde.  She is precious to me.

12. Who do you admire and why?

Danior, I suppose.  His level-headedness is unmatched in our little band.

13. Who annoys you?

Hester, at times.  She is a bitter creature.  Serpo, though he dislikes me, takes care not to become a nuisance at least.

14. Who do you not like?

Ingor, though that should not come as a surprise.  He has taken almost everything from me; why should I not despise him?

15. Do you have a pet? What kind?

No, though there was a black fawn that followed me for a time.  I paid it no attention.

16. What hobbies do you have?

Survival is my main occupation, followed by seeking vengeance against Ingor.  I do not have much time for hobbies.

17. What do you do for fun?

If there is no present danger I spend much time with Rolinde.

18. What do you hate?

Ingor and his Maeres.  And betrayal.

19. What do you fear?

That Ingor will also take Rolinde from me, as he took Cynthia.

20. What makes you angry?

Ingor, and what he has done.  Because of him I was orphaned and abandoned.  His Maeres murdered Kezia and he stole Cynthia from me.  He is the root cause of all my sorrows.

"Remember, you go nowhere by accident. Wherever you go, God is sending you." - Rev. Peter R. Hale

Skylarynn
    @skylarynn

Still continuing the above

21. What are you ashamed of doing?

Drowning Sindri.  I should not have let my anger get the better of me.

22. What line will you never cross?

I’ve never really had lines to begin with.  I would say I’d never harm an innocent to get to someone else, but I know myself too well to say that.  I suppose the only thing I can say in my favor is that I would not turn one’s loved ones against them, but that is merely because I lack the means.  And because Ingor has no such weaknesses to exploit.

23. Is there something in your life that irritates you daily?

Being questioned.  Most often it is Serpo, because he distrusts me, but he attempts to be respectful about it.  Hester’s bitter cynicism is also grating.

24. What is something you will never forget?

Watching as Ingor dragged a blade across Cynthia’s neck…that may have been the singular time in my life I have felt completely powerless.

25. What is something funny you do? Do you have any weird habits?

I do not take much interest in humor, but Rolinde finds it amusing whenever my emotions manifest through my syne.  Most often this causes a localized rainfall over my head.

26. If you could erase all ties (you don’t have to); what do you want to do/go more than anything?

I don’t often spend time considering questions like this, but where I would want to go more than anything is home.  Back to a time when it was just my family and myself, without the threat of Ingor or his Maeres.

27. Where you are now, what is your life goal?

My goal is to rid the world of Ingor, regardless of the cost.  I have yet to destroy the wraith but I did succeed in washing out the coastline to isolate the Nightwold as an island.  The effort nearly killed me.

28. What are you willing to do to achieve said goal?

Anything.  Ingor has taken almost everything from me.  I plan to do so in return, no matter the personal cost to me.

29. What/who are you willing to die for?

If my death brings about Ingor’s, I will be content.  The only person I would sacrifice myself for is Cynthia – she is the only one who means more to me than my vengeance – but I have already lost her.

30. What are you willing to murder for?

If you were to tell me that the murder of an innocent life would give Cynthia back to me, I would not hesitate.  I also do not hesitate to eliminate anyone that gets between me and my goal.

Linyang Zhang
    @devastate-lasting

Whoa, this is intense. Thanks for putting it together. I’ll just try it out on my character Shade…

1. Where did you grow up?

In a lab.

2. Who took care of you, if anyone?

The researchers, I guess? I’m an orphan, so…

3. Were you ever loved as a child? If so, by whom?

Probably my parents when they were alive. But I don’t remember anymore.

4. As a child did you ever love someone? If so, who?

There was no one to love. I didn’t see the other kids often.

5. Who acted as mentor for you? Did you ever have one?

Mentor? What’s that?

6. How many people have you ever trusted? What was the result of that trust? (Explain for each person.)

Nowadays… I trust Caleb, because he’s always with me, and he left the facility with me. And also, I trust Ethan. There’s no way he’d turn us in, ha…

7. Who has hurt you? In what way were you hurt? How did you/are you dealing with it?

Thanks to the research, I’m now colorblind and dealing with a terminal illness. But I’ve accepted my fate.

8. Is there anyone who you currently love?

In what way? No, I don’t think so. I hate most people, besides Caleb and Ethan.

9. Is there anyone who you currently need? How do you feel about needing to rely on someone?

I don’t need anyone, okay? Well, Caleb, maybe. When he describes colors to me it gives me great comfort. And no, I don’t think about it like relying on him. He helps me do my work and things.

10. Do you have any friends?

Please see above.

11. Do you desire to protect anyone?

No, not really.

12. Who do you admire?

I admire the audacity that those criminal heads could just look at me and say “No” like that. Every single one.

13. Who annoys you?

Oh, that detective guy, the people on my tail…getting in the way of my business…

14. Who do you not like?

All those criminal organisations, the government, researchers…Ethan’s the only decent one.

15. Do you have a pet? What kind?

I can barely keep myself alive…what do you expect me to do with an animal?

16. What hobbies do you have?

I like sleeping, going to the movies, listening to the radio.

17. What do you do for fun?

See above.

18. What do you hate?

Blood, being sick, the mafia.

19. What do you fear?

That everything will be worthless. That I’ll suffer all this for nothing.

20. What makes you angry?

The fact that everything has been worthless.

21. What are you ashamed of doing?

I guess sometimes I feel bad for the manipulation that I’ve done, but at the same time I think it’s barely anything compared to the pain they’ve caused me.

22. What line will you never cross?

Oh, probably murdering someone with my own hand.

23. Is there something in your life that irritates you daily?

This cough I have. Being weak. And everything hurts.

24. What is something you will never forget?

The look on Micah’s face as he turned me away. And the look on his face as everything he worked for was destroyed.

25. What is something funny you do? Do you have any weird habits?

Um…ask Caleb.

26. If you could erase all ties (you don’t have to); what do you want to do/go more than anything?

Does this include the ties to my sickness? I don’t want at this point, man. But if I could…I’d like to see colors again. Leave this city. Go somewhere else. Live a normal life.

27. Where you are now, what is your life goal?

Oh, I sell medicine to those in need. And my life goal? Just to have money, man. Everything else may be gone, but please, just let me have a little compensation.

28. What are you willing to do to achieve said goal?

Everything has been against me so I have decided to pursue the path of revenge instead.

29. What/who are you willing to die for?

I could literally die at any time but I’d like to die to prove a point, thanks.

30. What are you willing to murder for?

Oh…myself.

31. Do you view it as murdering? Or is it ‘killing’, ‘executing’, or something else?

It’s merely a means to bring about an end that’s going to hit us all one day.

32. From whom do you hide your ‘below board’ actions?

Just the government, I guess?

"I set a melody upon the scenery I saw outside my window;
    It's beginning in my spacy world."
    - TK

Linyang Zhang
    @devastate-lasting

Cont.

33. Do you hide anything from yourself?
    No, not really.
    34. Do you dream?
    Yes, often.
    35. What dreams, if any, makes you wake in a cold sweat?
    Oh, being back in that lab again….
    36. What dreams, if any, bring you peace?
    That blue sky, church bells in the background…
    37. How are you admirable?
    The fact that I’ve stuck it out for this long…
    38. Do you believe what you’re doing is right? Why?
    Not really. But there really isn’t anything else for me to do.
    39. Do you believe the world owes you? If yes, why do you believe such?
    Yes. They’ve taken away my life, the colors, my way of living…I’ve lost everything, because of them.
    40. Do you believe the world is out to get you? Why is it?
    No. I think that they just don’t care about me enough.
    41. Do you want to pay someone back for hurting you? Why? How do you justify it?
    I want to pay them all back. They deserve it; they’re doing illegal things themselves.
    42. What do you deserve?
    At this point, nothing, probably. But I’d like a little compensation. Even able to see colors again would be enough.
    43. If you can’t get what you want, will you despair, or try harder?
    I’ll try harder.
    44. If you know you are caught. Your mission/cause is lost… What will you do?
    I can probably end myself and them.
    45. When angry, do you fly into a rage? Or do you simmer in silence?
    Being angry makes me cough, and coughing brings up blood. So I’d prefer to simmer.
    46. What emotional needs, if any, drive you?
    Oh, maybe I just need some satisfaction. Who knows.
    47. Do you respect yourself? Why?
    Me? I don’t think any of what I’ve done is respectable. But I’d like to keep some self-respect, yes.
    48. If your home was destroyed and you could save only one thing, what would it be?
    That handheld radio. I don’t think they make those anymore.
    49. What do you do right before bed?
    Take my meds.
    50. What do you do right when you wake up?
    Wish I were still asleep.
    51. Do you have a day job?
    I sell unapproved medicine…
    52. What is your favorite quote?
    “For all is like an ocean, all flows and connects; touch it in one place and it echoes at the other end of the world.”
    ― Fyodor Dostoyevsky, The Brothers Karamazov
    53. What are your views on God, Satan, gods, afterlife, reincarnation, Jihad, and anything else that has to do with ‘religion’ or ‘spirituality’?
    I feel like the question of “If God exists, then why is there suffering in the world?” applies to me fully. Then maybe, just like everyone else, he doesn’t care.
    54. How are you like the protagonist/good guy/hero?
    Oh, why must you compare me to Micah. But I think that we’re both ambitious.
    55. How are you different?
    He doesn’t understand what it’s like down here. True, we’re both underground, but…
    56. How do you admire him/the protagonist/hero?
    I admire that so many people like him.
    57. What do you despise/wish he would change about himself/protagonist/hero?
    Just…let me sell on your turf, man. I’m not asking for much.
    58. Do you care about him/hero at all? Or do you now see him/hero as a problem?
    Oh, he’s a problem. But one of many.
    59. Do you have more pride than the common person?
    Pride? Perhaps.
    60. If you were arrested, what would you do?
    Make sure I wasn’t the only one arrested.

"I set a melody upon the scenery I saw outside my window;
    It's beginning in my spacy world."
    - TK

Viewing 14 posts - 46 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Story Embers

Pin It on Pinterest