Unplanned- Please Pray

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Unplanned- Please Pray

This topic contains 72 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  Selah 2 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 61 through 73 (of 73 total)
  • Author

EricaWordsmith
    @ericawordsmith

@kari-karast I knew I was missing someone… I didn’t tag you. SO SORRY!!!

@eden-anderson

@lin

@ashira

Thank you guys so much!! <3

Tek an ohta! Tek an cala!

Veraza Winterknight
      @kari-karast

@ericawordsmith

It’s fine! I subscribed to This thread a while back. 🙂

(ENFP) Even the word hopeless is not entirely devoid of hope.

EricaWordsmith
      @ericawordsmith

@kari-karast

O.K. Great!! 🙂

Introverted Elf
        @introverted-elf

@ericawordsmith

I know this was kinda awhile back, but I just wanted to say that I also saw Unplanned too when it came out.  And yes, it really brings the reality of abortion and the crisis that these unborn babies are in in a new light.  Like, everything in the movie is real.  That’s the scary part–this is happening in the world today.  It’s been going on for decades now and no one’s done anything about it.  I’ve prayed about it and went to the March for Life in Washington DC for a few years now.  It’s sadly amazing how many people in world block all this out though.  Channels that aren’t pro-life won’t broadcast the March for Life and not all movie theaters showed Unplanned.  And the theaters that did show it had it up for a limited amount of time.  The people that don’t show it, just aren’t ready to accept what is the truth.

So, I’m just glad that more people saw the movie and care about it because what we’re doing is amazing. 🙂 And I hope and pray things change in the future.

Tolkien/Batson book lover, anime fangirl, TLoZ, SW, SC fan, Stirlingite, Owl Citizen, Team Grimmie \|/

Lin
          @lin

@ericawordsmith @all Just wanted to let y’all know that the American abortion discussion has even reached the Dutch news, including what happened in Alabama. Though, since it’s barely a discussion anymore in the Netherlands, pro life is put in a bad daylight as usual. Even Unplanned was on the news! So even though almost all Dutch people have accepted abortion, maybe this will at least make them think about it again.

“I've loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.”

Jenna Terese
          @jenwriter17

@ericawordsmith

I am so sorry that this bill didn’t pass in your state. It’s so sad to think that so many people don’t think babies’ lives are something to be protected. But we will keep praying!

"If you want to change the world, pick up your pen and write." -Martin Luther
          www.jennaterese.com

EricaWordsmith
          @ericawordsmith

@theintrovertedelf

I’m so glad you saw the movie!! I know it… That was my same reaction. And that’s so awesome that you have gone to the March For Life!!!! I would love to do that someday…

@lin I hope that even though it’s in a bad light that it will plant some seeds of thought!!! That is heartbreaking that it would be that normal, even more so than here. I will be praying!!!

@jenwirter17

Thank you so much!!!

And thank you to all of you guys, I’m so glad to know that other young people are against it!!!

SeekJustice
            @seekjustice

@ericawordsmith @everyone

I have a prayer request relating to this topic:

Tomorrow (Sat 18th May) is Australia’s federal election. I think the voting system is slightly different here to America, so to explain it basically…

Everyone 18 or older (which is me this year) is legally required to vote. What we do is we vote for a Member of Parliament for our area, and then the party with the most seats over Australia becomes the government and they choose the Prime Minister. (That’s the simplified version. Its actually a bit more complex than that).

Most people will vote for one of three parties. Labor, Liberal or the Greens.

Now, in my research on which parties had promised to do what etc, when I was reading about each party’s stance on abortion. Currently, abortion is ilegal in my state (New South Wales), but legal in all the other states under very strict laws. However, two of the above parties want to make it more widespread, safe and accessible and (I think) legalise it in NSW. This was just my understanding, so I could be slightly off about somethings.

Anyway, would you guys pray that the right government will get in and that this conversation about abortion will be stamped out so that we can nip this problem in the bud?

Crazy INFP, writer, dancer, musical fanatic.
            Seek justice, love mercy, walk humbly with your God

valtmy
            @valtmy

@seekjustice

Praying! My own country historically has had very liberal abortion laws (due to outdated and currently irrelevant population control reasons) that I wouldn’t wish in another place. The most frightening thing is that (according to what I have heard) the majority of the abortions here are done by married couples.

@ericawordsmith @everyone

Thanks for sharing on this topic. This issue is one that has been troubling for me to comprehend and understand. It’s a struggle to remember that the blood of Jesus is the only difference between myself and the people who are involved in the killing of innocent babies.

Just to share something hopeful, I don’t know if any of you have heard about this film but it is a little similar. It is a documentary about a pastor in South Korea who built a dropbox for people to drop off their unwanted babies (because of disabilities etc.) instead of abandoning them on the streets.

Selah
              @selah-chelyah

@seekjustice

I am praying! You are making me want to study Australian laws, now. 🙂 Thanks for sharing that with us.

@valtmy

Yes, I so agree. Makes me think of that quote, can’t remember who said it, “There, but for the grace of God, walk I.” So humbling.

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by  Selah.
              • This reply was modified 2 months ago by  Selah.

"Get wet and sandy!" ~Instructor Reno
              "You will show respect!" ~The Bearded One

Eden Anderson
              @eden-anderson

@valtmy I read an article awhile ago about the drop box for babies in South Korea, but I didn’t know they were making a documentary. It is such a beautiful thing! ❤ Whenever I hear about stuff like this I have to stop and ask myself. “Okay, so I say over and over how horrible abortion is, but what am doing to make a difference?”

It’s so easy to say something is wrong, but it’s hard to actually do something about it.

"But how could you live and have no story to tell?" - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

SeekJustice
              @seekjustice

An update on the election:

The Liberal party got in again. They haven’t stated their views on abortion (leaving them up to individual state governments to decide,as it falls within the realm of health), which I think is an approvement over the Greens and Labor parties, which wanted to make abortion a federal issue. Praise God for this reprieve, but please continue to pray that abortion does not become the massive problem it is in Europe/America and the countries that have fully decriminalised it.

Crazy INFP, writer, dancer, musical fanatic.
              Seek justice, love mercy, walk humbly with your God

Selah
              @selah-chelyah

@seekjustice

Praying with you. Thanks for the continued updates!

"Get wet and sandy!" ~Instructor Reno
              "You will show respect!" ~The Bearded One

Viewing 13 posts - 61 through 73 (of 73 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+ readers answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest