Unplanned- Please Pray

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Unplanned- Please Pray

This topic contains 71 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  SeekJustice 3 hours, 44 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 72 total)
  • Author

EricaWordsmith
    @ericawordsmith

@jenwriter17

I haven’t been able to get this movie out of my mind all week, I saw it a week and a day ago now. I haven’t been able to forget those scenes. I have been praying about it all week, especially that the Texas courts will vote on bill 896 (which would abolish abortion in Texas). So far they haven’t decided to vote on it, but people are signing petitions begging them to vote.

@lin

Oh wow, I will be praying!! That is horrible, I hate how abortion is wrapped up in lies. I hate how people are fed lies to protect an industry that is killing millions of innocent babies. That is really despicable that people would do that. Let us know if Unplanned makes it into theaters!!

Tek an ohta! Tek an cala!

Jenna Terese
      @jenwriter17

@ericawordsmith I’m going to keep praying too. And I do hope that bill will get passed in Texas. It’d save so many lives.

"If you want to change the world, pick up your pen and write." -Martin Luther
      www.jennaterese.com

Selah
      @selah-chelyah

@ericawordsmith

Yes! I am praying with you…do @wordsmith and @katthewriter know about this? They live in TX, as well…

@lin

Wow. That is crazy. How many lives the media has taken, in so many ways! I will be praying with you…thanks for sharing that with us! 🙂

"Get wet and sandy!" ~Instructor Reno
      "You will show respect!" ~The Bearded One

Ariel Ashira
      @ashira

@lin Oh, man that is awful!  I will be praying for sure!!

"No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how hard you fall, you are never out of the fight."

Grace Carter
      @h-jones

Oof. Just now saw this, but I’ll definitely be praying.

Can’t even describe how sick abortion makes me feel, ugh. It’s like, ugh, it’s like horrifying and just like, the reasoning people use to justify such horrifying behavior is absolutely idiotic. It makes me so unbelievably frustrated and sick and infuriated.

Thanks for bringing this up, it’s definitely something that needs to be prayed about!

—Cartographer of Life’s Wandering Ways.
      Also, secretly Hedgehog Jones. Don’t tell anyone.

EricaWordsmith
      @ericawordsmith

@katthewriter and @wordsmith

Since y’all live in Texas (Kat, I didn’t know you lived down here!) here’s a link for the petition to have the court vote on bill 896

https://abolishabortiontx.org/give-hb896-a-vote/?utm_source=houselist&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20190414FW

If you know other people who might be interested in this, please share it with them as well!!!

Steward of the Pen
        @steward-of-the-pen

@ericawordsmith

I saw this great blog post that talks about why we should cry about the injustice of abortion (and other attacks on the sanctity of life), and I thought I would share it with you all.

https://www.therebelution.com/blog/2019/04/the-tragedy-of-the-unborn-dont-forget-to-cry/

Also, according to an article I read yesterday, about a hundred abortion clinic workers sought help from Abby in leaving the abortion industry after seeing the movie. Praise God! I can’t help but let out a whoop when I hear how He is using this to save those little babies’ lives.

Aket rifrika tzraze frii ook kukit? ~How can a fire burn unless it is first lit?

EricaWordsmith
        @ericawordsmith

@steward-of-the-pen

Wow, that was awesome. Thanks for sharing the link!! I know that was my experience after watching Unplanned. I had never really cried about abortion before, but I wept after watching that film, and I believe that it was the right kind of horror to feel. I think that we all need to experience that horror and realize just how evil it is and that we can’t close our eyes to it.

Lin
          @lin

@steward-of-the-pen That was amazing. I agree with everything in that blogpost and with what @ericawordsmith just said. I never agreed with abortion. But I didn’t even ever think about it until I saw the Unplanned trailer en watched the movie. Just thinking about these innocent babies and learning about what’s going on inside an abortion clinic really opens up ones eyes.

“I've loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.”

EricaWordsmith
          @ericawordsmith

@wordsmith @ashira @lin @evelyn @anne-of-lothlorien @steward-of-the-pen @jenwriter17 @eden-anderson @selah-chelyah @h-jones and anybody else

Those of y’all who have been praying about this, thank you so much, but if I could ask y’all to please be praying again, today is the last day for Jeff Leach to call a vote on HB896. If they don’t vote on it, then they will not be able to try again for two years. They estimate this bill could save 110,000 preborn children in that time. Please pray guys!! @wordsmith you live in Texas, if you know anybody who would be interested in this link, or you want to check this out yourself, please do!! This has been a phenomenal bill to be brought to the Texas courts, and today is the deadline.

https://abolishabortiontx.org/give-hb896-a-vote-7/?utm_source=houselist&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20190506

Buddy J.
            @wordsmith

@ericawordsmith

*nods*

-Wordsmith- Author of short stories, Reader of many books, Student in writing, and Lumenite!

Eden Anderson
            @eden-anderson

@ericawordsmith

I have seen the trailers for Unplanned. It looks horrific, and brutal…but also like a good, eye-opening movie.

Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention! I will definately be praying. Personally, I hear so much about abortions that it has become almost commonplace, I have grown callused to the evil. I need my heart to be broken daily for these precious, innocent children…and everyone else involved in the abortion. Thank you for reminding me. I don’t ever want to forget what is happening.

"But how could you live and have no story to tell?" - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

EricaWordsmith
            @ericawordsmith

@wordsmith

Thank you!

@eden-anderson

That is exactly what happened to me… It was like I had grown calloused to the idea of babies being murdered but I didn’t realize that I was callous to it. Then when I saw the movie I was really shaken up pretty badly… It was quite literally close to home: The events took place in areas that my family frequents a lot. We’re moving now, but realizing that about an hour away, thousands of children were murdered is horrible. Also seeing the images in the film… An ultrasound where there is a baby and then a moment later it’s just gone- I am hoping that people will be putting pressure on Mr. Leach today, this is the last chance for the bill to make it.

Anyway, I highly recommend the film!!! It really strips the callouses away, and that’s not fun, but it is needed.

Selah
              @selah-chelyah

@ericawordsmith

Praying!!

"Get wet and sandy!" ~Instructor Reno
              "You will show respect!" ~The Bearded One

Ariel Ashira
              @ashira

@ericawordsmith Im praying with you guys!!!

"No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how hard you fall, you are never out of the fight."

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 72 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+ readers answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

Signup Source

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest