Unplanned- Please Pray

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Unplanned- Please Pray

This topic contains 72 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  Selah 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 73 total)
  • Author

Anne of Lothlorien
    @anne-of-lothlorien

@ericawordsmith – Yes, I have a baby sister with DS. She’s eighteen months, and the cutest thing in the world! I also taught her how to do a fist bump, so I think life is complete. 🙂

I don’t think I’ve seen that documentary. I’ll look it up.

An almost high-school graduate with an obsession with words.
      I spend too much money on books.

Ariel Ashira
      @ashira

@anne-of-lothlorien Awwwmygoodness, that is so sweet!

"No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how hard you fall, you are never out of the fight."

Anne of Lothlorien
      @anne-of-lothlorien

@ariel-ashira It is. 🙂 She also does high fives and shakes hands. Plus she’s learning sign language and just standing up for a few seconds on her own. It’s so adorable to have a baby around again!!!!!

Veraza Winterknight
        @kari-karast

@anne-of-lothlorien

Awwww she sounds SO ADORABLE!!!!

I have a 2 1/2 year old sister who high-fives and it’s adorable so I can just imagine your little sis doing it!!!

(ENFP) Even the word hopeless is not entirely devoid of hope.

Selah
        @selah-chelyah

@ericawordsmith

Thank you for sharing this. I SO AGREE with you. There is SO much going on in our nation and around the world right now, and we must be in prayer! I agree with all you all’s comments.

"Get wet and sandy!" ~Instructor Reno
        "You will show respect!" ~The Bearded One

EricaWordsmith
        @ericawordsmith

@selah-chelyah

I’m so encouraged seeing everybody’s responses to this. I will be trying to figure out what happens with the Texas courts, as soon as they’ve reached a decision, I want to know what it is, and I will share it with y’all. Thanks so much for praying, this has really been on my heart since seeing the film yesterday. 🙂

Tek an ohta! Tek an cala!

Steward of the Pen
          @steward-of-the-pen

I saw the movie a little over a week ago, and wow, it ripped my heart out. I’ve been very pro-life since I first learned what abortion was, but you never really realize how utterly horrific it is until you see something like this. It’s hard to comprehend how the world can be so evil, and it’s a grim reminder of how desperately this world needs our just and gracious God.

But one of the things I really love about the movie is that it doesn’t just show the depravity, but also the hope. It’s so beautiful and inspiring to see how God worked through those people who stood out there faithfully praying to change Abby’s life, and how that in turn caused the shutting down of the clinic. And I love how it doesn’t portray the people (both those at the clinic and those going to the clinic) as murderous, hateful villains but as broken humans who are lost, hurting, and deceived. What they are doing is so wrong, but they are in desperate need of love, grace, and hope. Please pray for them as well, that God would open their eyes, lead them to repentance, and bring people into their lives who will help them heal.

The movie is still going to be in theaters until Thursday, and you can buy tickets here. I’d highly encourage you all to see it in theaters, since it sends the message to theaters and the movie industry that the American public still wants to see conservative values in movies. The entertainment industry and the mainstream media were shocked at how well it has done. It was the #4 hit on its debut weekend, and it has grossed double what they predicted. Let’s shock them more! 😉

EricaWordsmith
          @ericawordsmith

@steward-of-the-pen

I had the same thing happen with me. I was shocked by how disgusting the whole thing was, everything from how they lied to people to the way that some of the people were so callous about what they were doing.

Amen, I totally agree!!! My heart really went out to the younger girls who were being lied to and were so confused and scared. I was really horrified by the scene where the teen girl nearly died and they wouldn’t call an ambulance. It shows that it wasn’t just the babies lives that were not valued, but they valued their own reputation and safety over the life of a teenage girl. They say that they do this for women’s rights, but if they really valued women, that situation would not have been handled like that.

Thank you so much for letting everybody know!!

@evelyn @anne-of-lothlorien @wordsmith @ashira @kari-karast @lin and everybody else that has been commenting on here… I can’t remember all the tags..

Please pray for the Texas courts, bill 896 (I think that is it) is being considered, and people are begging for the court to vote on it. If they vote and it is accepted, it would abolish abortion in Texas, but they need to do it very soon. Please be praying that they will vote on it!!

Tek an ohta! Tek an cala!

Ariel Ashira
            @ashira

@ericawordsmith I will be praying!!!

"No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how hard you fall, you are never out of the fight."

Selah
            @selah-chelyah

@ericawordsmith

Yes, thank you for mentioning that. I will be praying!

"Get wet and sandy!" ~Instructor Reno
            "You will show respect!" ~The Bearded One

Evelyn
            @evelyn

@ericawordsmith I will be praying.

Anne of Lothlorien
            @anne-of-lothlorien

@ericawordsmith Is there any update?

Lin
              @lin

@ericawordsmith @anne-of-lothlorien @evelyn @selah-chelyah @ashira @everyone The biggest Dutch prolife movement is currently trying to get Unplanned into theaters here. Please pray that they will succeed and that the movie will be shown in other European countries as well.

Most people in the Netherlands think that abortion is okay and there are no discussions about it. Not like pro choice vs pro life in the USA. Schreeuw om Leven (the prolife movement I just talked about) may not be allowed to peacefully talk to women that visit abortion clinics. They might have to stand farther from the clinics. The media is portraying them in falsely. In a news program they literally used images of American pro choice people who were smearing fake blood over their face while the broadcaster was talking about how terribe Schreeuw om Leven is. Now this pro life organisation is not able stand at abortion clinics for a while because they recieved lots of threats. Please pray for them of wel.

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by  Lin.

“I've loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.”

Jenna Terese
              @jenwriter17

@ericawordsmith I saw the movie with my family about a week ago. SO. POWERFUL. Thank you for starting this topic. We all need to keep praying for these innocent babies, and for a heart change of the doctors performing abortions and others that are involving themselves in it.

"If you want to change the world, pick up your pen and write." -Martin Luther
              www.jennaterese.com

Evelyn
              @evelyn

@lin I will be praying.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 73 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+ readers answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest