Unplanned- Please Pray

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Unplanned- Please Pray

This topic contains 72 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  Selah 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 73 total)
  • Author

EricaWordsmith
    @ericawordsmith

Hi everybody, I have something that I really want to share and I know it is late, but I need to put my thoughts into words and want to beg y’all to pray about this.

Tonight I went to see Unplanned with my mom. If you don’t know what this film is about, it is about a woman who runs an abortion clinic, but realizes that what she is doing is horrifically and utterly wrong. It’s a true story, and it is as amazing as it is heartbreaking.

I never cry in films, it just for some reason doesn’t go to my tear ducts, and even though I “cried” in the film, there were no tears until after the film. When I walked out of the theatre room I burst into tears and just wept. I don’t cry that hard very often. I had my heart broken watching this film tonight, and I am grateful that it was broken.

If y’all haven’t seen this film, I absolutely recommend it (depending on your age/sensitivity because it should shake you up. It has some horrific parts). I really hope that this film will break other people’s hearts too. Although I was utterly convinced before that abortion is utterly wrong and I hated it, I didn’t understand how ugly it was. This film showed me just how disgusting and ugly abortion is. I really hope that other people will see just how ugly it is too.

If you see this tonight or tomorrow morning depending on where you live, I beg of you to pray because tomorrow the Texas courts will be hearing a bill that could outlaw abortion in this state. Please pray that this bill will go through, it will be heard at 8:00 in the morning I believe.

And guys… We’re not just writers of books and stories. We need to be writers of truth and use our pens for the kingdom of God. Please think about whether you might ought to in one way or another use your gift of writing for the cause of life. I’m not asking that you write a novel or anything on the horrors of abortion, but please do consider, how could you use your pen in defense of the unborn? Abby Johnson’s story turned into a film has broken my heart over this. I think we as writers ought to realize what’s going on around us and think about whether we ought to write something about it. Even if it’s just a blog post, short story or something. I think it’s at least worth sitting and thinking about.

If you want some food for thought, here’s a video that is really good. I saw this a few days ago and it is completely worth the watch. Some of the things he said in here really made me think.

(Yes, @wordsmith , I do watch a lot of this guy’s videos and I love them. Thanks for introducing me to his stuff)

@anne-of-lothlorien @ashira @evelyn @selah-chelyah @kari-karast @wordsmith @anybodyelse

Tek an ohta! Tek an cala!

Veraza Winterknight
      @kari-karast

@ericawordsmith

Oh my goodness. I haven’t seen that film, but I’ve seen trailers, and oh my goodness.

Your post just really strikes true. It’s hard to see what the world has become. When you think about what abortion really is, willing murder, it just makes you want to cry and hit something at the same time. For me at least.

And I will most definitely be praying! God willing, the bill will pass.

(ENFP) Even the word hopeless is not entirely devoid of hope.

Buddy J.
      @wordsmith

@ericawordsmith

I really want to see the movie! I watched the trailer and it made me MAD! Not at the movie, but at abortion. It’s one of those topics that makes me want to do something extreme.

And yes, I like this guy. He really is great.

Thank you.

-Wordsmith- Author of short stories, Reader of many books, Student in writing, and Lumenite!

EricaWordsmith
      @ericawordsmith

@kari-karast and @wordsmith

The movie was amazing and devastating. It was horrific to see just how human life was not valued, both the women and girls having abortions and the disgusting horror of the death of infants.

I really am so glad I got to see it, it really made me want to do something about it. The really amazing thing that really struck me was that they said that when people pray in front of abortion centers a lot of women choose to drive back home and not abort their child. I am going to be praying about this a lot.

I am really hoping that tomorrow, maybe, just maybe the bill will pass and many, many lives will be saved.

It really struck home because I have been to the general area that this all took place in more times than I could count. I guess it frightens you when you realize that sort of evil is so close…

Yes, that guy is so great, I get a big kick out of a lot of his videos. One of them had me howling…

Veraza Winterknight
        @kari-karast

@ericawordsmith

Hopefully the other people that see it will also be changed. Especially if they’re pro-abortion. Hopefully it’ll help them see just how wrong it is.

Wow, really? I’ll definitely be praying about that too.

Oh wow. Really? Thats… Actually I don’t know how to take that.

(ENFP) Even the word hopeless is not entirely devoid of hope.

Buddy J.
        @wordsmith

@ericawordsmith

I’ll be praying…

-Wordsmith- Author of short stories, Reader of many books, Student in writing, and Lumenite!

EricaWordsmith
        @ericawordsmith

@wordsmith and @kari-karast

Thank you. 🙂 I was shocked by that statistic. I guess it challenges me to really not take the power of prayer for granted.

I really hope that people will be challenged to see how despicable abortion is, and if a film is going to do it, this is it.

Buddy J.
          @wordsmith

@ericawordsmith

Yeah.

Lin
          @lin

@ericawordsmith I watched the movie too. As far as I know it only plays in the US so I couldn’t see it in the Netherlands. But I watched a cam version, because I really wanted to see it. It’s heartbreaking what is going on. I really recommend watching it. Thanks for starting this topic Erica. Let’s pray the movie touches peoples hearts.

It’s such a shame that the movie isn’t playing here. Abortion is allowed to 24 weeks in the Netherlands and people are being misled, thinking they are just aborting a clump of cells. Christian organisations that peacefully stand at abortion centre to help women are being mocked by the media.

“I've loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.”

Evelyn
          @evelyn

@ericawordsmith Erica, I definitely will be praying. Thank you for brining it to our attention. <3

And please keep us updated on the Texas bill!

Anne of Lothlorien
          @anne-of-lothlorien

@ericawordsmith – Thank you soooo much for this post. I haven’t seen it yet. I’d like too, even though I know I’d just be crying my eyes out, and rightfully so, but I don’t know if we will, I haven’t asked yet.

I always knew abortion was horrible, but when my sister was born with Down Syndrome and we started learning about that more, I was absolute horrified and so angry to realize that many people abort their baby when they find out it has Down Syndrome because they think that’s the right thing to do. They claim it’s better for the baby, more humane… it’s hard to even think about it.

And the different kinds of people too. The people that are misled and they don’t really get it, they just listen to the doctor telling them it’s humane and they do it, and then the people who know what they’re doing and still do it anyways. And the people who think that just because you have a defect means your life should be ended so you don’t become a burden to your family.

It just makes me cry sometimes, and so angry, to think that there are people out there that believe my little sister doesn’t have the right to live. That somehow being ‘defective’ means that she no longer should have her right to life. It’s horrible!

I’m praying that bill gets passed, and that this movie will move people’s hearts. Thank you for bringing it up on here.

An almost high-school graduate with an obsession with words.
            I spend too much money on books.

Ariel Ashira
            @ashira

@ericawordsmith Thank you for making this topic!   I will quote Buddy “I really want to see the movie! I watched the trailer and it made me MAD! Not at the movie, but at abortion. It’s one of those topics that makes me want to do something extreme.”  Same here.  Abortion was one of the reasons I started thinking about wanting to write when I was little, that and things like it.

@theinconceivable1 I’ll tag you for this.

"No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how hard you fall, you are never out of the fight."

theinconceivable1
            @theinconceivable1

@ashira: Hi I uh, don’t know what to say… but I guess, if I get the chance, I’ll watch the movie ; D (did you want me to say something inspiring?)

INTJ- trying to grow into real wisdom; James 3:17

Ariel Ashira
            @ashira

@theinconceivable1 Na, just thought you might or might not have something to say or not say. *shrugs*

"No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how hard you fall, you are never out of the fight."

EricaWordsmith
            @ericawordsmith

@lin @ashira @evelyn @anne-of-lothlorien

Thank you so much for praying! I don’t know if they’ve reached a decision yet, but this morning the bill was presented, and I am waiting with baited breath to see what happens.

@lin I so agree!! In New York they have made it legal to abort the baby all the way up to the birth. Life begins at conception, I completely believe that, but it is all the more horrifying understanding just what sort of murder that is that they would kill a viable baby. Babies have been born much, much earlier than that and are perfectly normal people.

@anne-of-lothlorien I didn’t know you had a sister with Down Syndrome. Wow, that is so special that your family loves her and takes care of her. I really respect families that have Down Syndrome children. Have you ever seen the documentary Labeled? That was really shocking to realize just how much people devalue especially children with disabilities.

I so agree, I was so sad for all the girls that were lied to in the film. They were so deceived and their lives were not valued either. In one scene a teenage girl nearly bleeds to death and they wouldn’t call an ambulance to protect their reputation.

Thank y’all all for praying, this is really on my mind right now, and this bill in Texas is a big deal, a lot of people are really fighting for this.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 73 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+ readers answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest