fb

Umm, I suppose I should introduce myself…

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Umm, I suppose I should introduce myself…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Filewriter
    @filewriter

@storyjoy, Hello! Welcome to Story Embers. Ah, yes, it’s very obvious that you are an extrovert. I’ve <span style=”line-height: 1.5;”>always been an introvert, but lately I’ve been wondering if I’m more of a hybrid. I mean, when I’m around adults that I don’t really know I am introverted. Yet, when I’m around kids my own age or younger I could be the most outgoing in the whole group. So, I don’t know. I guess it depends on the situation. 🙂 </span>

Oh, I know the write-and-then-see-it-was-a-bad-idea process well. That happened to me all the time untill I finally forced myself to sit down and write an outline first.

We have a lot of fantasy writers here. I personally, write mostly Sci-fi. 🙂

So, what’s your WIP (work in progress) about. Or…can you not say. 😉

Ooh, the Ascendance Trilogy sounds intriguing. Maybe I should look into those.

Anyway… I should go now. Nice to meet you.

*bows* *mounts Griffon and flies away*

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. ~ J. R. R. Tolkien

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@storyjoy Hello Joy! What kinds of things do you enjoy drawing?

"Though I'm not yet who I will be, I'm no longer who I was."

storyjoy
    @storyjoy

Hey @filewriter! Thanks for commenting! 😀

Yes, that’s how I am too. 😛 It also depends on my mood and things like that. xD

Ah, yes. I keep thinking I should write an outline for my book, but…. bleh. I’m too lazy. xD

Ooh, that’s neat! 😀

Haha, I’m fine with saying! 😀 The premise I have on my profile is “An unimportant orphan girl, snatched off the streets by a gang of slave traders, accidentally gets caught up in the political hubbub of her era.” That’s pretty much the best I can say about it without spoiling things. 😛

Are you working on any particular thing currently? If so, what’s it about? 😀

Yes, you should deeeefffiiiinnniiiittteeellllyyyy check out the Ascendance Trilogy! XD The Traitor’s Game series is good too. 😀

Anyway, ’twas nice to meet you! I’ll see you around! 😀

*cartwheels out*

storyjoy
    @storyjoy

@the-fledgling-artist

Heya! 😀 I like drawing mainly people, or just random stuff. 😛 I’ve been working on lots of other things recently, so I haven’t gotten much of a chance to actually sit down and try to draw something good, but I doodle a lot. 😛

I assume by your username you like drawing too? xD What kinds of things do you like to draw? 😀

*cartwheels out*

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@storyjoy cool. 🙂 Do you ever draw characters from your books?

Yes I do indeed like to draw. 😋 Drawing is my favorite thing to do for fun. Aside from hanging out with friends. I try to draw a variety of things but I mostly draw people and animals. Mostly people though.

storyjoy
    @storyjoy

@the-fledgling-artist

I might have once or twice, but not often, no. Mainly because I don’t want to mess up the image of them in my head, because I’m really not good at drawing, and there’s no way I’d be accurately able to represent what I see them as. If that makes any sense whatsoever. 😛 So yeah, I normally draw off a picture or something. 😀

That’s great! 😀 Do you draw characters from your books?

*cartwheels out*

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@storyjoy the short answer is yes! The longer answer is, I am developing several different stories but I have always hated the technical side of writing (it just stresses me out) so I don’t think any of my stories will become novels. The dream is to someday be able to animate them. But I might more likely have to settle on them becoming comics or graphic novels. But I do draw my characters often 😝

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

Oh and I totally understand not wanting to draw your characters for that reason. I used to be exactly like you in that sense.

storyjoy
    @storyjoy

@the-fledgling-artist Ah. Neat! 😀

Yyeah, much as I love writing, I doubt I’ll ever actually finish a novel either. 😛 I really would like to finish the one I’m currently working on, but I’m just afraid I’ll find a major plot hole or something and not be able to. 😛 xP

Ooh, comics sound neat!! 😀

*cartwheels out*

storyjoy
    @storyjoy

Oh, *whew* I’m glad. xD

Though I’m honestly imagining my main character as… well, myself… (it’s written in first person, so I have a good excuse. XD) So I suppose I could try drawing myself and say it’s her. 😆😜 Then again, maybe I don’t want to do that to myself either… XD

*cartwheels out*

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@storyjoy aww don’t say that! I believe in you. 😁 I really admire you “real writers” who work really hard to learn their craft. Imo visual storytelling is easier (obviously, since it’s my preferred method) so good for you for sticking with it.

storyjoy
    @storyjoy

Aww, thanks!! ^_^

Well, to be perfectly honest I haven’t worked as hard as I maybe should. 😛 I’ve just had a ton of inspiration lately, and somehow it’s been going really well the past couple weeks, so naturally I’m really excited about writing currently. ;P

Ooh, yeah. 😀 Thanks! 😀

*cartwheels out*

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@storyjoy I’m super bad about depending on inspiration for my “writting”. I’m not at all like that with drawing, but if I’m not feeling inspired i don’t work on my stories.

Why do you dislike drawing yourself? Don’t worry, I can often relate to my characters too. Personally I see it as being pretty impossible to write a character without putting a little bit of yourself into them.

btw I apologize for my slow replies. I have not yet mastered the art of typing on my tablet.  😅

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

I don’t know if you’re still online or not, but I need to go now. I’ll be checking in again later today though.

storyjoy
    @storyjoy

@the-fledgling-artist Yesss, same. *facepalm* Lucky for me, though, I’ve just been having a rush of inspiration recently. xD 😀

I don’t necessarily dislike it. 😛 Maybe it’s just because I only like to draw people who are… you know, good-looking. ;D XD JK

Yup, that’s true. That’s kind of one thing I struggle with, making the characters not have all the same personalities. I think I’ve been doing better though. 😀

Oh, that’s fine. 🙂 Yeah, I had to go – sorry for just disappearing like that! xD

*cartwheels out*

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest