fb

Trying To Find an Editor

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Trying To Find an Editor

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Karla Van Der Berg
    @blueberry

Hello,

So I guess I haven’t been here is so long that no body even knows that I exist. I hope it’s not rude that I just randomly storm in unannounced after joining months ago and doing NOTHING with my account. ^_^’

So I actually wrote one of those darn book thingys based off a Tabletop rpg campaign I did with some of my besties. I plan on going full in Indie Author with it…but there is just one problem. I. Can’t. Find. An. Editor. Is there anyone here who knows an editor within a starving artist’s price range?

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@blueberry

“…starving artist’s price range?”

That’s amazing 😂

I am not an editor… but I had to stop by and comment on your phrase.

*wisps away*

Published author, reader of many books, Student in writing, and Lumenite!

Karla Van Der Berg
    @blueberry

@wordsmith

Hehe! Thanks! I am always happy to provide some amusement! XD

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@blueberry  I`m not an editor… but I will tag some people who might know one! 🙂

@daeus-lamb
      @jane-maree  @josiah

Assistant Guildmaster of the Phantom Awesome Meraki
    ~ Created to create ~

Karla Van Der Berg
    @blueberry

@selah-chelyah Wow, thank you! ^_^

R.M. Archer
    @r-m-archer

@jane-maree is an editor, and her prices are really good. (I intend to go to her with my novel I’m working on editing.) I also edit for fairly cheap, though I’ve found that I tend to lose steam and have a hard time getting through the last several chapters if I’m working on a full novel. Novellas and short stories are easier for me. That doesn’t mean I’m not open to novels, it just means I may be a little slow when I get near the end, though obviously I’ll try not to be. 😛

Jane’s page

My page

Fantasy/dystopian/sci-fi author. Mythology nerd. ENFP. Singer.

Karla Van Der Berg
    @blueberry

@r-m-archer

Okay, thank you so much! Also, if you are interested giving my novel a shot, but not sure it would be your thing, I can email the draft to you and see if you think it would be your kind of thing or not. 🙂

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@blueberry  No problem! 🙂

Assistant Guildmaster of the Phantom Awesome Meraki
    ~ Created to create ~

R.M. Archer
    @r-m-archer

@blueberry If you want I could edit the first chapter, like I would with any potential client, and we could both find out if it’s a good fit. If it’s not, no hard feelings. 🙂

Fantasy/dystopian/sci-fi author. Mythology nerd. ENFP. Singer.

Karla Van Der Berg
    @blueberry

@r-m-archer, alright! Then let’s give it a shot! Thank you so much! 😀

Parker Hankins
    @parker

@blueberry, I consider myself an editor since I’ve done so many projects for people. But I don’t have it as an official job.

I have a rather large grasp of grammar, punctuation, spelling, etc.

Living in a world of mystery and dangerous predicaments while working with the AWESOME Meraki's.

Josiah DeGraaf
    @josiah

The Christian PEN has an extensive list of qualified freelance editors, but I don’t know if they’d be within your price range: https://thechristianpen.com/find-an-editor/

Lit fanatic. Eclectic reader. Theology nerd. Writing fantasy at https://josiahdegraaf.com

Karla Van Der Berg
    @blueberry

@parker Thank you, I am trying somebody out right now and I’ll see how it goes. However I will keep that in mind for future referance.

@josiah
    Alright, thank you! 🙂

K.M. Small
    @morreafirebird

@blueberry First, I can relate to the struggle. There are so many expensive editors out there, and while I believe that their services are worth the price… it’s hard to pay that price sometimes 😛

As for editors themselves, I would recommend Jane for sure, and I hear Rachelle Rea Cobb is good as well. There’s also Reveries Company; their prices are pretty manageable.

I’m also an editor myself, though I won’t have any open slots until January. Here’s my page if you’re interested. 🙂

~ Khylie
    "Beauty will save the world." - Dostoevsky

Karla Van Der Berg
    @blueberry

@morreafirebird Yeah, I am trying my best to find a balance of finding somebody that is affordable, experienced, but I also don’t want to underpay either becuase I know editing is a lot of work. Especially for me, who my friends have declaired the typo queen. XD I will keep all that in mind, thank you!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest