Torture Scenes

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Torture Scenes

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

*is stalking this topic*

*sighs* You know what, as long as I’m on here I’ll see what advice I can dig up. @kpcentaursister

So, since you said you make up technology as you go along, you could always create some sort of technology that hurts the person, but isn’t very gruesome. (*coughs* kinda like I do *coughs*) Although, I’m not entirely sure how that would leave scars…

I’ll also echo what others said about not necessarily going into detail about the torturing and just skipping to afterwards. Or, is your character going to get tortured for information? Then you could just do something like:

Pain. More pain. And even more pain. My entire world was pain. Then, I realized that I was being asked the question again, the pain having stopped for a moment of sweet relief. I wearily looked up at my captor, but I was determined not to betray my friends.

“No…” It came out as little more than a whisper, my throat still raw from screaming. Then, the pain came back.

(Sorry if that seems a little rough, I just came up with it on the spot.) So not necessarily skipping the torture, but not going into any great detail. (Also take note that my little “scene” was taking place in my mind after the character had already been tortured a lot and was kinda used to it by now.)

Anyway. Hope that helps!

"You can dance with my henchman."

Charis Etter
    @kpcentaursister

@kari-karast Hey thanks. Since I see you’re a Star Wars fan, I was imagining something similar to (but not exactly like) the interrogation probes. But since this character is trained to resist interrogation, they then have to catch her off guard be a bit more inventive.

Your idea is a good one though. I’ll keep it in mind as I get closer to the scene (or just skip to it).

https://galaxyagent.wordpress.com

Veraza Winterknight
      @kari-karast

@kpcentaursister

Interrogation probes. Yep. Those are good. (Er, from a certain point of view anyway.)

Hmm. Inventive… *in evil voice* zap her with lightning. I do use electricity a lot for torture. (And magic powers which probably doesn’t help you much.)

*thinks for a while*

I actually read a SW Expanded Universe book where they tortured someone by simulating the pain of a whole bunch of different things. A burned eye. Crushed thumb. Etc. So it didn’t actually happen but the nerves were inflamed so it felt like it’d happened. You could also do something like that.

Thanks! I’m glad it helped!

Charis Etter
      @kpcentaursister

@kari-karast

That’s another good idea. The reason for the torture scene is that 1) I need the villain to get certain information that she will eventually provide and 2) I need her to lose the eye so she can have a cyborg one for later scenes.

Since I am writing this with a 10-12 age level in mind, I’m probably not going to show so much pain, but I do write older and darker scenes sometimes separately just to see if I can.

Veraza Winterknight
        @kari-karast

@kpcentaursister

Ooh a cyborg eye! That sounds cool.

I’ll let you know if I come up with any more ideas!

(I write more teen/young adult, so now knowing the age level you’re writing for helps!)

Charis Etter
        @kpcentaursister

@kari-karast

As my sisters age, I will probably write older things too. At the moment, though, I try to stay within their maturity and emotional understanding and allow them to maintain a childhood innocence while they can.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest