fb

To Talk of things…

Forums Poetry Poetry Discussions To Talk of things…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Leon Fleming
    @w-o-holmes

I love talking about poetry…

Emberynus The Dragonslayer
    @emberynus-the-dragonslayer

@w-o-holmes I love your poem🥰!! It is very well written and I love the poetic, almost vague expressions and wording. Your style is very gripping and powerful

@ericawordsmith
    Oh! 😢 It’s so sad and depressing! But I really like it! I’m sorry that you were emotionally distressed enough to write it! Great work anyways and keep writing. (I love your profile pic btw)

Sold souls and dead promises

K. A. Grey
    @k-a-grey

@w-o-holmes   I’m confuthed.  XD  But thanks for the explanation.

"Atticus, he was real nice. . . .”
    “Most people are, Scout, when you finally see them.”

Leon Fleming
    @w-o-holmes

Thank you!

@k-a-grey

I, uhhh…how do you mean?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by Leon Fleming.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by Leon Fleming.

@w-o-holmes Your welcome! 🙂

@w-o-holmes These are very personal opinions…PLEASE take with a bucketload of salt and of course, do what you like!

“Nor take that wherewith was not mine.” (Wherewith seems a little out of place. I actually haven’t heard it used I modern poetry, so I may just be unaware of the meaning. Possibly find a synonym?)

“Unto the fiery gates of bliss.” (I don’t know if I like the use of the word bliss here…it’s a little sweet and sappy?)

I really like this poem the more I read it. You have AWESOME word choice and imagery. Have you submitted a poem to be published o SE or anywhere else?

Spreading God's love until I can see seven billion smiles. 🙂 https://sevenbillionsmiles.home.blog

Leon Fleming
    @w-o-holmes

I’m sorry that you were emotionally distressed enough to write it!

Ok, this is hilarious!! *ahem* (guffawing in the backround) Oh, um. (chortle) Sorry, there! Kinda deep and far out…(leaving the arena in spasms of laughter!!!) no comment…no, really…not like I’m serious or anything…?

@emma-starr

I shall take into account your very personal opinions. *appearing dignified and strutting about like a rooster*

Let me enlighten you! “Wherewith” is an archaic word meaning ‘with, or by which’. It would not be used in modern poetry because many people’s vocabularies these days are largely different from those of older days. Savvy? Once you know what it is, you’ll (I think, I’m pretty sure) see that it fits. It may seem out of place because there are seemingly two words just smashed into one, but trust me, it’s a definable word.

Bliss…reminds be of Mr Bliss by J.R.R. Tolkien. Your opinion would depend on how you’ve heard it growing up until now. You’ve heard it one way, and I’ve heard it another way. *shrugs shoulders* Sorry, kid, I don’t know what to tell you. 🙂

*bows* Thank you! Thank you! Thanky! Thank yee, again! No, really! You go too far! (eyes up in the corner) *ahem* Checks can go to my secretary…you really shouldn’t puff me up; it’ll get to my head. XD!! Kidding.

Yes, I have. *glances around* But they rejected it because they wanted me to make some changes that I ultimately didn’t want make and didn’t make. Oh well…better luck next time, I guess. Shall I post the poem on here for critique?

Leon Fleming
    @w-o-holmes

And, no. I have not published any poems anywhere else officially. Though I hope to change that soon in the next upcoming months!! My book will be out, Lord willing, by next year!!! *shouts of cheering**confetti and all that stuff*

Leon Fleming
    @w-o-holmes

Any modifications to the structure story-wise to my poem up there in the clouds, anyone? I thought it was somewhat shaky in that department. Meaning that each individual point was well presented, but they weren’t exactly glued together. I dunno, maybe it’s fine and I’m being a chicken.

@w-o-holmes Whhhhaaattt? What? I don’t get it?

Leon Fleming
    @w-o-holmes

Um…how so? I…wait, what?

EricaWordsmith
    @ericawordsmith

I’m sorry I never responded… I’ve been super busy here at college, but I still wanted to respond!

Thank you, and it’s totally fine! I can be one of those people who has bright highs and low lows. I usually walk around with a smile and a spring in my step, but there are those days… As all people do. I should really try to write something when I’m having one of those highs, but it rarely comes out the way I want it to. Probably the reason why most of my poems are a little depressing or gloomy is because I often find poetry a good way to process what I’m feeling when I’m upset.

And thank you! My best friend did such a good job with taking pics of me earlier this year.

Tek an ohta! Tek an cala!

@ericawordsmith It’s okay.

Yeah. usually I get a lot of sad poems too. 🙁

What college are you going to?

EricaWordsmith
    @ericawordsmith

Yes… Or just very grey and moody…

Pensacola Christian College. 🙂 I’m a music major.

Tek an ohta! Tek an cala!

@ericawordsmith Cool!! What instruments do you like to play?

I’ve always kinda wanted to go to Pensacola Christian College. . . what’s it like?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest