fb

To New Wessex…a question.

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions To New Wessex…a question.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    ScarletImmortalized
    @scarletimmortalized

First, congratulations on second place during our most recent Guild War.

Secondly, I read your piece (amazing) and in doing so it brings me to this question.

I noticed your piece centered around some South Korean culture and I was wondering if one of your members (possibly the draft person) had a keen interest as well.

The reason? I’m South Korean, but mainly just really really curious.

Now I found the active members so I’m going to tag a few people I’ve seen before…

@r-m-archer
     @eden-anderson @rosemarylouise

“Scarlet, What are you eating?” ~ “Ghost peppers...” ~ Robin sighed.

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@scarletimmortalized Wait a second…. the winners have been announced? Where’s the document?

EDIT: Never mind. I found it. Congrats everyone!! Great stories! 😀 😀 😀

Alabama Rose
    @bama-rose

@scarletimmortalized

We got second??

Courage, dear heart ~ Aslan

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@scarletimmortalized

Thanks!

I’ve always found Korean culture interesting, but I never did an indepth study of it. You should probably talk to @literatureforthelight because she wrote the short story. 🙂

"But how could you live and have no story to tell?" - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Grace
    @literatureforthelight

@scarletimmortalized Hey there! As @eden-anderson mentioned, I did write New Wessex’s guild war entry this time. Thanks – I’m glad you liked it 🙂

The reason I chose South Korea is because I mainly follow figure skating, and I wanted to choose a country that isn’t one of those that dominate the figure skating field, but in real life has/could produce some good skaters. I also chose it because I’m Chinese/Taiwanese, and I didn’t want to write about a culture that was too far away, or something that was kind of familiar… if that made sense.

So although I didn’t go into the draft with the focus on learning about South Korean culture, I ended up learning a lot and I did enjoy it 🙂

What do you think? Was the South Korean culture displayed accurately? This is the first time I’ve really written in a culture that wasn’t quite my own, but that people in real life share, so I’m curious to see how it looks to a South Korean 🙂

I’m also going to tag @cassandraia who helped me work out some of the formalities/titles in the story.

INFJ // The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it. (John 1:5)

Cassandra Hamm
    @cassandraia

@literatureforthelight actually, the friends I was referring to aren’t South Korean; they just love K-pop, and one of them is moving to South Korea after graduation! I also love K-pop. 🙂 that’s pretty much my only knowledge of South Korean culture, though, which is a very small slice of it. 😛 so I’m not terribly knowledgeable. Glad you liked the piece, @scarletimmortalized! Grace did a great job 😀

I crush readers' souls like grapes.

ScarletImmortalized
    @scarletimmortalized

@eden-anderson Thanks for the help!

@literatureforthelight
    That’s really interesting *beaming with happiness getting the behind the scenes tour* I’ve only watched figure skating on the Olympics 😀

Well I forgot to say XP that I’ve been raised in America, being adopted from South Korean *facepalm* so I actually don’t know a lot. My hope was to find a South Korean to teach me some of the culture and maybe exchange letters in Hangul since I’m teaching myself. You did a great job with the formalities from what I know personally!

@cassandraia

Ahhhh, K-pop! I must say I don’t like it…but I don’t like pop so that explains things. I tried several times because I felt a cultural duty, but I just couldn’t XD. Yes she did do a great job! I want to read more of her work.

Er…Grace…you don’t happen to have any other works to read…do you?

“Scarlet, What are you eating?” ~ “Ghost peppers...” ~ Robin sighed.

Grace
    @literatureforthelight

@scarletimmortalized Oh, that’s cool! It’s great that you want to know more about your heritage. Unfortunately… I’m not Korean, so I don’t think I’m going to be of very much help.

I don’t have other stories about South Korean culture; this is my first 😉

@cassandraia
    Aahh, I see xD I think that you can want to learn more about a culture by way of celebrities, though. Just yesterday some of my classmates were just exchanging Japanese phrases because they watch anime. It’s cool to think about 😀

INFJ // The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it. (John 1:5)

Cassandra Hamm
    @cassandraia

@scarletimmortalized strangely enough, I don’t like American pop, but I do like K-pop. XD but that’s fine that you don’t like it! I pretty much only listen to BTS. I’m not as crazy as most K-pop fans XD

@literatureforthelight
    yeah, exactly 🙂

I crush readers' souls like grapes.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest