To Blog or Not to Blog

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions To Blog or Not to Blog

This topic contains 24 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  R.M. Archer 6 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@mariposa

Aw, thanks so much for sharing your thoughts! You are so kind and encouraging. ❤️ I love hearing from people who have blogs and experience and know what they are talking about. (Also love your blog, it’s so funny! And your illustrations are so beautiful.)

@r-m-archer

Apparently I’m late to this conversation.

(“A wizard is never late…” You technically arn’t a wizard, but… 😉)

Actually, it wasn’t worded that badly. I understood you perfectly. 😀

Sure, I’d love to see your list!!

@ericawordsmith

Oh my!! If you ever do get your bloggie up, please do let me know, I’m sure it would be awesome!!!!

Aw, your so kind! And obviously have a lot more faith in my ability than I do. 😛 (*whispers* You should really revive your blog, it was wonderful. I especially loved all the Lord of the Rings references. *cries* Hopefully, you’ll get motivation soon…and lots of it.🤗)

Yeah, my book list has definitely grown from reading people’s blogs. 😉

Other people have mentioned being disappointed about readers responses or lack there of, but right now I’m not too worried about how many people see my blog or if they comment or what. It’s sort of just an experiment to have fun with and a small platform for my writing.

You randomly reacting to seeing birds out side your window made me laugh. You are so funny! 😆❤️

But I’ve found that most of the bloggers I follow don’t interact with my blog often (and to be fair I don’t interact a whole lot with them either, because I tend to not know what to comment or start commenting and feel like I’m being really egotistical and delete my comment), but when they do they’re really sweet and encouraging.

This is very helpful @r-m-archer. Thank you!

@lin

Yay! 🤗

"But how could you live and have no story to tell?" - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

R.M. Archer
    @r-m-archer

(“A wizard is never late…” You technically aren’t a wizard, but… 😉

Hey, I’ll take it. ;D

Actually, it wasn’t worded that badly. I understood you perfectly. 😀

Oh good, lol.

Sure, I’d love to see your list!!

My list of possible blog names (a lot of these are really bad):

• Faith and Fantasy
    • Love of Story
    • Stories to be Told
    • Scribe of Roenor
    • R.M. Archer
    • Elven Archer
    • Archers & Writers
    • Archers & Scribes
    • Scribes & Archers (the one I picked. yay!)
    • Arrows of Story
    • Rysa Archer
    • Word Mage
    • Word Wizard
    • House of Archers

But I’ve found that most of the bloggers I follow don’t interact with my blog often (and to be fair I don’t interact a whole lot with them either, because I tend to not know what to comment or start commenting and feel like I’m being really egotistical and delete my comment), but when they do they’re really sweet and encouraging.

This is very helpful @r-m-archer.

Happy to help! 🙂

• This reply was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by  R.M. Archer.
    • This reply was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by  R.M. Archer.

Fantasy/dystopian/sci-fi author. Mythology nerd. ENFP. Singer.

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@r-m-archer

Oh wow! I’ve tried to make a list of possible names and I came up with like…2. 🤦‍♀️

I like Elven Archer. it sounds cool. 😀 But I think Scribes and Archers is definitely the best one. Good choice my friend!

Now, I think I’m gonna go brain storm! (Would you care if I tagged you in a private message/thingy? To get your advice on my list-when I make one-…to make sure it isn’t completely hopeless. 😛)

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@mariposa Wow, you make some good points. For the past couple years of blogging, I’ve kept a document where I just jot down any ideas for posts. Then if I ever need some inspiration I shuffle through those.

@ericawordsmith I WANTS THE BIRDS!!! xD

Also I love your new profile pic. 🙂 <3

R.M. Archer
    @r-m-archer

@eden-anderson

Go ahead! Although I don’t think there are actually private messages on here, just the option to post to someone’s profile, so using the contact page on my site or something might be better if you don’t want it publicly on SE. 🙂

K. A. Grey
    @k-a-grey

@eden-anderson  You should do it!  I’d read it. And it would allow us to follow the adventures of Ferdinand. (hint,hint,wink,wink) The best of luck with this new venture. 👍

"Atticus, he was real nice. . . .”
      “Most people are, Scout, when you finally see them.”

EricaWordsmith
      @ericawordsmith

@eden-anderson

Aww, you put bright patches in my day too, what would I do without my ENFPs?? (that means you too @evelyn ) I seriously am excited to see if you ever put up a blog!!! I’m sure it would be a lot of fun *thinks hedgehogs for some random reason. I wonder why* and you have such a bright personality, I know that would make it quite the splash of sunshine. 😉 <3

@evelyn I checked your blog out too today!! I LOVE the title!!! The more rain the better in my opinion. That may just be that the summers down here are so hot and cloudless that I rejoice upon rainclouds, but they also make the absolute best days for a good book and a cup of tea.

Completely not blog related, but have y’all ever seen the LOTR teas that are out there?? You can get them off Amazon, but they have Hobbit Meadow Mint, Bilbo Baggins Breakfeast Blend, and Gandalf the Grey. I got the first two for Christmas and I LOVE them!!! Especially the MM.

Secondly… Y’all have both read The Wingfeather Saga right?? I’m going through book four for the second time… I think I’m still traumatized… I’ve never sobbed in a book before… Sorry, I need to have some sympathy that can only be found from those who have read those books, and I think y’all have read them.

@evelyn

Aww thanks!! I love your new pic as well, actually, both of you. The hedgehog is adorable, and so is the pic you took @evelyn!!! 🙂 <3

Lastly… Ha ha, yes. XD I was being silly, but it was seriously adorable to see those two little things hopping around on the porch. I love birds so much…

Tek an ohta! Tek an cala!

Evelyn
        @evelyn

@ericawordsmith LORD OF THE RINGS TEA?!?!

*audible gasp*

Yes, more rain please! 😀 😀 😀

Eden Anderson
        @eden-anderson

@r-m-archer

Thanks! Yeah, I know there arn’t “private” messages on here, but I didn’t know what to call it. 😛 I don’t really care who sees it, I’ll probably just delete it after I show it to you.

Oh, and it might be awhile till I get them to you cause my brain is refusing to be creative…

@k-a-grey

Aw, thanks! You are so kind.🤗

Okay, I get your hints. 😁 And thank you, although it may be some time til anything comes into existence.

@ericawordsmith

Seriously, what would we do without our fellow ENFP’S?? I have no clue…go insane probaby.

You are such an encourager! Love you to bits! ❤ And yes, if I ever get yhis blog off the ground, it’s gonna have hedgehogs…of course it is. (How could it not?🦔)

LOTR teas?!!! That is so cool!!! Agh, I have to try these!

Yeah, I read the Wingfeather Saga! I love them! Andrew Peterson’s style is so fantastic! 😀 Although I must say that I didn’t really like the end that much…but it’s been awhile since I read them so I should read them again and see what I think now.

Aw, thanks. @k-a-grey actually drew it for me. She’s a lovely artist!

R.M. Archer
        @r-m-archer

@eden-anderson

*thumbs up*

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+ readers answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest