fb

Time Commitment for Guilds

Forums General Site Info Guidelines & FAQ Time Commitment for Guilds

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Katherine Baker
    @kb-writer

Hello!

I’ve been considering joining a guild, but I wanted to have an idea about the time commitment first (so I don’t disappoint whoever gets stuck with me). 🙂 Can you let me know how much I would be expected to be involved?

Thank you!

Always remember you're unique...
    ...Just like everyone else

Jane Maree
    @jane-maree

@kb-writer Hey Katherine, thanks for asking!

Because we want the guilds to be a tight-knit community, we’re asking all members to be as active as possible, at a minimum of once per week. This can honestly take as little as fifteen minutes of your time and it’s not that hard, but it helps a lot to make the overall camaraderie of the guild stronger and more encouraging and supportive and helpful for all involved.

Obviously there are some exceptions to the ‘once per week’ rule. E.g. if you’re going away for a week or two, or you know you’ve got a really busy month ahead. You can just let your guildmaster know and they won’t kick you out. 😛 For the most part, though, the more active you are, the better experience you’ll have from your guild and the more you (and others!) will benefit from being there.

The most important thing to remember when signing up for a guild, is that these groups are to be mutually encouraging. You encourage others, you get encouraged, and we’re all a great bundle of encouraged writers. Win-win! 😉

Writing Heroes ♦ Writing Hope // janemareeauthor.com.au

Katherine Baker
    @kb-writer

@jane-maree

Thank you so much for this. That’s helpful. I’ll have to look at my schedule and see if that works.

One more question: do the Guilds mainly deal with storytelling, or do they also have an emphasis on the other things Story Embers deals with (such as poetry)? Thank you!

Jane Maree
    @jane-maree

@kb-writer You’re absolutely welcome! Feel free to tag me anytime you have questions. 😀

There is one artist guild, and six writing guilds, but none that specifically deal with poetry (though it’s something we might look at in the future!).

Katherine Baker
    @kb-writer

Hi, @jane-maree

I feel like I’m bothering you with all these questions, but do you know if I signed up for a guild or not? I thought I did, but I’ve been known for filling everything out but forgetting to press “submit”. 🙂

I think it’s been a month since I filled it out (though I can’t remember an exact date; I never got an email about it).

Thank you so much for your time!

Jane Maree
    @jane-maree

@kb-writer Thanks for asking!

I just went and checked and you’re on the list!

I imagine you’ll be added into a guild next month–we’ve got a lot of people on the waiting list and not enough space to fit them all into, so we’re having some struggles with that. 😛

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest