Thread of the Introverted Writers

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Thread of the Introverted Writers

This topic contains 30 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  theinconceivable1 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author

E. Grace
    @emgc

Someone calling for introverts, eh?  That would be me.  *nods* (Though I actually invaded the extrovert thread anyway… *coughs*)
    Apparently I am 83% introverted– an INFJ.  Though I’m pretty close to being an INTJ.

Anyways, hello everyone!  *waves awkwardly* I be a writer, music-lover, artist, and bibliophile.  Nice to meet your acquaintances.  *nods again*

"True humility is not thinking less of yourself; it is thinking of yourself less." - C. S. Lewis

EricaWordsmith
    @ericawordsmith

@elizabeth

Ha ha!! No worries, there are so many thread ideas that keep popping into my head that I almost wish I could ask people to start the threads for me… (somebody please eventually start a thread for musical people and one for soundtracks please. Thank you.)

I can’t believe some of y’all aren’t extroverts! And the INFP list?? Does that hit three here? E/INFP’s must be common in the creative world…

Tek an ohta! Tek an cala!

Devastate Lasting
      @devastate-lasting

Sorry I’m late!

@sarah-inkdragon Thanks for inviting me!

I am an INFJ, if anyone wants to know.

I like to be alone when writing. When I’m with friends I want to interact with them instead of writing. I can write with or without background noise, and any music is fine. Did someone mention Two Steps From Hell? And Audiomachine? and Owl City?

"I'd like to make myself believe...that planet Earth...turns...slowly..."

Bama Rose
      @bama-rose

Hey guys!

I only know a few of you, but I’m Bama Rose. I’m for the most part an introvert, although if you get me in the right settings I’ll be pretty much the opposite…. ok, well not quite that  drastic. 😋

I actually find that I can focus a bit better if theres a little noise in the background when I’m writing… I know, I’m strange.

P.s I really have no idea what my personality type is for the MBTI…

How we walk with the broken speaks louder than how we sit with the great. -Bill Bennot

Elizabeth
      @elizabeth

@kate Hey, sometimes making your siblings happy is worth more than anything else.

INTP. Writer of fantasy and sci-fi. Wannabe artist. Anime geek. Merakian.

K. A. Grey
      @k-a-grey

@elizabeth  Hi!  I’m an INTP, too.

I like to be alone when writing, but I can stand someone being in the room as long as they’re not talking and distracting me.

"Atticus, he was real nice. . . .”
        “Most people are, Scout, when you finally see them.”

Elizabeth
        @elizabeth

@k-a-grey That’s how I am!

theinconceivable1
        @theinconceivable1

@sarah-inkdragon: Hello, you may not know who I am but eh… Being an INTJ myself I am quite particular about those who claim to be INTJ’s but infact, arnt. SO, to varify your INTJ-ness would you please take this test *thrust peice of paper in your face* :

https://personalityhacker.com/genius-personality-test/

Tell me what you get! Also, hello everyone I am *trumpets blow as I bow with a flurry of my cape* The Inconceivable One, (as you may have noticed XD) I am also a Myers Briggs nerd so if anyone cairs to speek of such topics I would be delighted to do so. (also all you INFJ’s I recommend you take this test too, INFJ’s are notoriously mis-tested.) If anyone would like to know why this test is better I will be happy to explain (but only if people cair to hear it XD) Anyway, untill later! *disappears in a puff of smoke*

INTJ- trying to grow into real wisdom; James 3:17

PursueWisdom
        @pursuewisdom

@elizabeth

🙂 Finally came across your thread here! INTJ here!

Yes, alone please. I need silence to gather my thoughts.

I listen to Audiomachine and Two Steps while I write. Lyrics are too distracting for me but they can be somewhat inspirational sometimes. 🙂

As an introvert, which fictional characters have you found that you can relate to the most? 🙂

"Holy wisdom is not clear and thin like water, but thick and dark like blood.” ~C.S. Lewis

PursueWisdom
        @pursuewisdom

@elizabeth

I’m not very familiar with fanfiction… but I find some fan “theories” to be super interesting! However, if they’re for ongoing series I usually try not to pay attention to them too much because I found out that it can cause disappointment due to unfulfilled expectations (my very recent experience with watching The Last Jedi and reading some of the online reviews contributed to this lesson). What fanfiction are you interested in?

"Holy wisdom is not clear and thin like water, but thick and dark like blood.” ~C.S. Lewis

Elizabeth
        @elizabeth

Ooh, I loved TLJ.

Hm…fictional characters? I don’t know if I have any that I specifically relate to, just the dark angsty ones. *grin*

Fanfiction was one of the ways I got into writing. I did it even before I started coming up with my own original worlds. I’d take a show/movie I liked and make a character for it, then drop them into the plot and go from there. I was much older (fourteen or so?) before I really started working on original ideas. @pursuewisdom

PursueWisdom
        @pursuewisdom

@elizabeth

Oh, really? Perhaps you’d be interested in this thread I just started about it: https://storyembers.org/forums/topic/into-a-galaxy-far-far-away-the-last-jedi-discussion-analysis/

Love to see your input to some of my questions! 🙂

Haha – same here. I did find Ender from Ender’s Game to be very relatable for me on a personal level. Other than that, just the villains… (for example, I found that between Ren and Rey in TLJ, I could relate to Ren’s decisions/reactions/statements much more :P)

Oh, really! That’s cool! Come to think of it, Narnia and LOTR both have many gaps/potential for fanfiction. 🙂

E. Grace
        @emgc

@theinconceivable1

That is now the third MBTI personality test I’ve taken and I’ve come out as an INFJ every time, so I’m pretty sure that must be me.  Only, I was curious, is the main difference between a P and a J that Js tend to be more organized?  ‘Cause if that’s the case I might be more on the fine line between the two…

"True humility is not thinking less of yourself; it is thinking of yourself less." - C. S. Lewis

theinconceivable1
        @theinconceivable1

@emgc: Sweet!  Well if then I think theirs a pretty good chance your liget!

INTJ- trying to grow into real wisdom; James 3:17

Sarah Inkdragon
        @sarah-inkdragon

@devastate-lasting

Sorry it took me so long to reply, but I’m glad you came! XD

@theinconceivable1

Yeah, there are a lot of people running around as INTJ’s anymore…. or just introverts in general. It’s almost like a fad. 😐 (I despise fads…. they irritate me.) I guess it’s also cool now to have anxiety or depression, so maybe that ties into it… I guess we introverts are just very intriguing people so everyone wants to be one of us.

Anyhow, I think I’ve already taken that quiz, since I don’t like to trust just one source with my information(I’ve taken pretty much any personality quiz in the internet that doesn’t require money by now.) but I took it again because I’m a nerd and I like taking quizzes of any kind when I’m bored. 😉 Either that, or reading articles on MTBI or writing or world-building or art or science…. back to the question, I got INTJ in case you were wondering.  I personally don’t really think anyone is entirely one personality type, but more of a mixture of one main type and smaller pieces of other traits… then again, it depends on your life and not just your brain function. But for example, I have both INTP and ISTJ traits, but I test as an INTJ on every “reliable” quiz I’ve taken.

*clears throat*

I went full nerd mode there for a moment about MTBI…. psychology is something that interests me a lot though, especially since I’m a writer and I have this vehement hatred for bad characters who act OOC constantly and speak like either robots or 5 year old children(Unless they are five… then I’ll let it slide.)

Now, you piqued my curiosity as to why this test is better than the others, especially the oh-so-popular 16personalities test. So do tell, please?

*stares expectantly*

Veritas Nunquam Perit. (The truth never dies.)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+ readers answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest