fb

Thread of the Extroverted Writers

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Thread of the Extroverted Writers

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 107 total)
  • Author
    EricaWordsmith
    @ericawordsmith

O.K. Sorry guys… Busy morning, taking down Christmas decorations, which is sad…

O.K. So starting from the top. 😀

@dekreel
    We have five ENFP gals now!! Yay!!! @eden-anderson @kari-karast @chalice (and any other ENFP’s) what are some commonalities between ENFP’s, the defining traits I guess. One thing I’d say… I would agree with what @chalice said about ENFP being the most introverted extrovert. Especially if the INFP’s are the most extroverted introverts. I think there’s a lot of bleeding over between those two. I’d say maybe the ENFP (in my case at least) is the extrovert who understands the value of personal time/space. Not shy (as in when you see a girl who painted ENFP on her arm you run up and give her a hug without ever learning her name) but not necessarily the extrovert who would die upon staying at home alone for a day. Somebody hit me with the aforesaid shovel if I was incorrect. Actually… is it just me, or do ENFP/INFP’s have a leaning toward fantasy? J. R. R. Tolkien was an INFP (points for you @i-david and @r-m-archer [BTW girl, I’m a singer too and you are most welcome to stick around.])

@eden-anderson
    Have no worries my dear girl, I’m an ENFP and totally get the burst of randomness, it sounds perfectly normal to my ears and wouldn’t have made me look twice had you not called it to attention.

Here’s my randomness, my introverted/shy streak comes in the form of ordering food. I HATE ordering fast food. I’ve been asked if I had issues talking to people while ordering food. *Facepalm* No my dear cashier lady, I just have a pounding headache and a cold, thank you very much.

@kari-karast
    Recording in a closet because I’m trying to figure out where the acoustics are best for the microphone while recording my voice singing. It’s mostly safe and utterly uncomfortable.

@ashira
    and @parker that brings the extrovert count to… seven on this thread. Five of which are ENFP’s.

Now to planning/DW.

I totally get you @kari-karast on the plot-in-my-head/discovery writing on the page. Only I find that I usually cannot stick to what was in my head… It changes a lot of the time as I go along (unless it’s world building).

@eden-anderson
    That was a good way to sum it all up! In the end, writing is personal. Even once others read your work, they will never see it exactly the way you do… Which is a hair sad, but it’s true that only the writer will ever get the story exactly the way it should be, we can’t communicate everything, therefore, our writing gives us an introverted realm that pretty much, only we can delve into and explore to its fullest. Especially for fantasy writers who start from scratch, I think occasionally, it can be lonely.

Tek an ohta! Tek an cala!

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@ericawordsmith

Huh. Maybe. I only write fantasy so that actually does seem pretty likely.

Yikes. Well, hopefully the best acoustics are actually somewhere else.

Hmm. I’m not that good at world building. But my plot rarely changes. I guess we’re opposites on that account then. 🙂

"You can dance with my henchman."

Ariel Ashira
    @ashira

@kari-karast I think Daeus and Michelle Black are ENFJs too…

Thanks!

"No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how hard you fall, you are never out of the fight."

Thomas (CrØss_Bl₳de)
    @thewirelessblade

My own ENFP’s have betrayed me…

I’m kidding. Hi.

*Forum Signature here*

EricaWordsmith
    @ericawordsmith

@thewirelessblade YES!! #6!!! Gracious… There’s a few ENFP writers. Are you a bit of a music person (judging from the fact that you’re holding a guitar)?

Thomas (CrØss_Bl₳de)
    @thewirelessblade

@ericawordsmith

Yup.

*Forum Signature here*

EricaWordsmith
    @ericawordsmith

@thewirelessblade

Cool, same here! For you is that guitar and voice? For me it’s piano, voice and soon I’m going to be learning cello… we have to wrangle the Useless Pokey Service into refunding for cracking my poor cello in shipping…

Parker Hankins
    @parker

Ooh! Cello! @samuel plays it! *thinks I’m tagging right*

Living in a world of mystery and dangerous predicaments while working with the AWESOME Meraki's.

EricaWordsmith
    @ericawordsmith

@parker

ANOTHER CELLO PERSON?? I fell in love with it this year… there’s just nothing quite like the sound of a cello that will make me stop and hush everybody so I can hear better.

@samuel
    how long have you played?

Parker Hankins
    @parker

@ericawordsmith, yes!!! He plays good, I think!! *has never heard him but thinks he does because his choice of music is epic sounding stuff*

Living in a world of mystery and dangerous predicaments while working with the AWESOME Meraki's.

EricaWordsmith
    @ericawordsmith

@parker

Cellists are interesting people… My best friend (referenced as The Tolkien Friend that I mention all the time) is a cellist.

What type of music would that be? I consider epic music as TPG, soundtracks from LOTR and Gladiator, that sort of thing.

EricaWordsmith
    @ericawordsmith

@parker

I’m actually listening to the soundtrack from How to Train Your Dragon, which is VERY epic. My first time to listen through the whole thing.

Parker Hankins
    @parker

@ericawordsmith, oh, that’s neat!!

Here’s a song he showed me once. It’s amazing sounding for Christian music.

EricaWordsmith
    @ericawordsmith

@parker

O.K. Will check it out! Thanks for the link. 🙂

Parker Hankins
    @parker

Of course! Enjoy!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 107 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest