fb

Thoughts on Psalm 23

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Thoughts on Psalm 23

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Kimmi
    @kimlikesart

@wingiby-iggiby @anyone (:

.                                      Psalm 23 (I wrote this some time last fall.)

‘Lord is my shepherd’ – He is my shepherd. He is my protector. My leader. My provider. My safety. He is the preserver of my life. He is my only hope for tomorrow. Without Him I have no protection. Without Him I wander without direction. I starve and go naked. I am in darkness, and sadness with no way out. I am in constant danger. Without Him I die, not just now, but for eternity. Without Him there is no hope for tomorrow. The Lord is my shepherd.

‘lie down’ – Lying down shows a lack of fear. It shows that one feels safe and secure. They trust their shepherd; that He is working for them, one doesn’t have to be afraid. How sad most choose to worry anyway.

‘quiet waters,…refreshes my soul’ – There are no earth-quakes, underwater volcanoes, or fast-moving currents. Nothing threatens to pull the lamb away from the shepherd. I think it’s because still waters run deep. And only if we’re deep in our Shepherd are we safe from fast-moving currents that can wash us away from our true love.

‘guides me along the right paths…walk through the darkest valley’ – The dark valley must be the right path. Even though it’s narrow and cold. Abuse is hurled physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually. But, as mentioned before, we are deep in the Lord. The Shepherd is leading me down these paths. There is a reason. There may be darkness, and death all around me, but the Light of the world is beside me. He has a reason for the suffering and temptation. Where we likely won’t know the full reason then, if ever… it is to make us stronger. Stronger in Him.

‘I will fear no evil,…You are with me;…rod and Your staff,…comfort me’ – We don’t fear evil. God is with us, and unless it is our time…He will not let our physical bodies be taken by wolves, nor thieves. He has a staff. It is sturdy and sure. It is a pillar of safety and redemption. It is used to ward off predators. The staff is a comfort to the sheep who strays. Yes, their legs will be broken, and their necks sore from the crook of the staff…but they are forgiven. They are saved. The Shepherd and His staff are a comfort.

‘table before me…presence of my enemies’ – We are sitting down to feast. We are sitting down to celebrate, and eat precious rations before the battle seems to be won. But those who trust in the Lord, and believe His Word…the battle is already won indeed. The demons may storm, and hail…But the battle is won. The enemies shall be no more. We celebrate our victory, for it is sure.

‘anoint my head with oil’ – I am chosen.

‘cup overflows’ – The Lord God blesses me abundantly. Whether in money, food, clothes, houses… Or, more likely, with friends. With love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, and self-control. I find it hard to believe there are better blessings than these.

____

So, yes. (:

Jominkreesa

Passion = A Willingness To Suffer

Kimmi
    @kimlikesart

@olivia

(Sorry if you don’t want to be tagged. This is just something else I wrote…)

Jominkreesa

Zee
    @zee

Thanks for sharing, Gracie!

Eitan
    @eitan

@kimlikesart

Yoohoo, you share it with everyone! Thank you (though personally I already had it 😉 )!! 😀

You don't need to see the wind itself in order to hear the rustling leaves.

Kimmi
    @kimlikesart

@zee

You’re welcome! Has school started for your boys yet?

@eitan

Aye, I did… (:

Wingiby-iggiby  asked me to share more of this sort of stuff on SE…so I am. (:

Jominkreesa

@kimlikesart

Oh, it’s totally fine! Thanks for tagging me so I could read this. 🙂

It’s really meaningful, and even though it wasn’t written following rules and is just free verse or whatever, it’s pretty the way it is. I like it. 🙂 Personally, I’m not sure if I ever woulda thought of writing something like that, though sometimes I try to make verses from the Bible into songs.

Good job!

Even the smallest person can change the course of the future. -JRR Tolkien

Kimmi
    @kimlikesart

@olivia

Thank you. (:

Jominkreesa

Wingiby Iggiby
    @wingiby-iggiby

@kimlikesart

This was such a great idea, Gracie! It is a really good way to make the Bible personal for you. Keep it up! 😀

I light the arrow, pull the bow,
    Shoot that fire right through my soul.

Mel
    @melodyjoy

@kimlikesart

This is So encouraging! Believe it or not, this is our new Sunday school topic that started 2 weeks ago. I had a wonderful time going through verse 2 with my teacher on Sunday!

Psalm 23 is such a peace-filled passage!

MELODY

Life is short, smile while you still have teeth!

Kimmi
    @kimlikesart

@wingiby-iggiby Thank you. (:

@melodyjoy
    That’s so cool!

What are some of your takeaways on the second verse?

Jominkreesa

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest