fb

This person is strange but also loves books

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself This person is strange but also loves books

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    TheClumsy_Lamplighter
    @theclumsy_lamplighter

so I’m TheClumsy_Lamplighter as you can see. Sorry if this is not how I’m supposed to make a post I’m still trying to figure out the controls. I mean doi I’m new so. My Forum name was inspired by my current favorite book “The Lamplighter” and I’m a little *whispers* a lot clumsy so yeah. I looooove books, and writing them. Or at least trying to, if ya’ll know what I mean. I love horses, dogs, and elephants. I’m horrible at grammar so don’t mind me. One of my more serious hobbies is drawing/trying to paint but failing lol and I’m really glad StoryEmbers is supportive of that! I love playing my violin, playing with my three younger brothers, and writing letters to my 5 pen pals. Did I mention I like books? I also like school *gasp* I know settle down. Oh and I’m 13 so 8th grade but I’ve already completed 12th grade spelling *nudges self* no need to brag Grace. (Also that’s my name) *whispers* sorry….

*bows* thank you thank you

I'm a Book person, caramel (most often paired with chocolate) lover and illustrating is my destiny.

Sarah Inkdragon
    @sarah-inkdragon

@theclumsy_lamplighter

Hello! Nice you meet you.

Ooh, you like to draw/paint as well? I’m a junior, and I’m planning on going to college actually for an illustration or animation degree. XD

Haha, I’m pretty clumsy myself. 😉 When I’m tired and not wearing my glasses, I can run into many things. XD

What’s your WIP about? Mine is a fantasy adventure/war story/trilogy…. thing. It’s hard to explain. XD But you can find the whole summary or my WIP on my profile, if you’re interested. 😉

"A hard heart is no infallible protection against a soft head."

- C. S. Lewis

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@theclumsy_lamplighter Welcome, welcome!! We’re all pleased to have you joining our ranks. Did you draw your profile picture? It looks very good! How long have you had an interest in art? Are you writing any books at the moment?

@sarah-inkdragon
    Ooh, you’ve changed your profile picture! I like it! I didn’t realize you wanted to get a degree for animation or illustration. That’s so cool!

"Though I'm not yet who I will be, I'm no longer who I was."

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@theclumsy_lamplighter

Welcome to Story Embers!

I think clumsiness is another part of human nature, BTW! 😀

I live in Idaho and write historical fiction among a few other things. How about you?

Assistant Guildmaster of the Phantom Awesome Meraki
    ~ Created to create ~

Chalice
    @chalice

@theclumsy_lamplighter, Hi, Grace! Welcome to Story Embers!

I like to draw and paint to, so I was also excited to see that Story Embers has an art gallery and art guild. What sort of thing do you like to draw?

ENFP-T/Artist/Writer/Musician
    “Creativity takes courage” -Henri Matisse

TheClumsy_Lamplighter
    @theclumsy_lamplighter

@Sarah-Inkdragon

I’m considering going to college for that too, 😉 I wear glasses too, apparently they don’t make any difference because even when I have them on I’m still constantly bumping into walls and stubbing my toes. XP When did you get your glasses?

@The-fledgling-artist

Thank you thank you! No, I wish. It’s a fanart I pulled off of google of Scarlet from TLC. Pretty much since I could hold a pencil. Not like right right now but I got a really cool idea for a Sleeping Beauty Graphic Novel modern retelling… Sorry that’s a lot to process. Have you ever considered writing a graphic novel? I snooped around and saw some of your art… It looks pretty cool.

@Selah-chelyah

I live in New Jersey and love reading Historical Fiction, I’m more of a Dystopian/Sci-Fi writer tho.What do you like to read?

@Chalice

I HAAAAATE LANDSCAPES, oh wait that’s not what you asked…

I love drawing people. And fanart. You?

Also Could I possibly join Camp Artifax as well? And how would that work?

I'm a Book person, caramel (most often paired with chocolate) lover and illustrating is my destiny.

Grace
    @h-jones

@theclumsy_lamplighter Oh, your name is Grace? 😀 Mine too! Though, I typically go by Heather, so you can definitely call me that if you like. (:

I’m so glad to have you here at Story Embers!! You remind me a lot of me, when I was thirteen, actually. And not just because we have the same name. xD If you love books, you are definitely going to fit right in here! What happens to be your favorite book?

Secretly Hedgehog Jones. Don’t tell anyone.

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@theclumsy_lamplighter
    Thanks! That sounds cool! (I have this really cool idea for a Robin Hood retelling I’d love to make one day.)

It’s funny you should ask though. I’m in the very early stages of writing a graphic novel! It’s a fantasy. 🙂 I’m not as dedicated to it atm as I wish I was. So it’s going super slow. Honestly it probably wont be done for at least a couple years. *cries*

If you ever decide to share any of your art you should totally tag me! ‘Cause, I’d love to see it. ^-^

"Though I'm not yet who I will be, I'm no longer who I was."

Chalice
    @chalice

@theclumsy_lamplighter

Landscapes aren’t my favorite either. I can’t say I hate them, though, because I’ve seen some really beautiful ones.

Ooh, I love drawing people too! People are just so beautiful and everyone is so unique. I think I could draw people forever and never get tired… Ahem, anyway. What kind of fanart do you do? I mostly just do fanart of my favorite musicians or musical artists.

I’m not sure if they’re still taking people into the art guild (because I haven’t seen many new people around lately) but you could give it a shot. You can find the link to register here. 🙂

TheClumsy_Lamplighter
    @theclumsy_lamplighter

@H-jones

Cool What if I called you Geather??? No JK. How old are you now??  I mentioned it in my post above but it’s called “The Lamplighter” It’s about this girl Gerty who gets adopted by the old Lamplighter (hence the name) it’s pretty cool.

@The-Fledgling-artist

Thank you! If you ever need someone to cheer you on come see me. I’d love to help with accountability or something once I get mine started.

Awwww thank you!!!! I will! I just finished a watercolor painting that I’m suuuuuper proud of… It’s only my 3rd one… So maybe I’ll post that.

@Chalice

Correction I hate drawing them,  I looove seeing other artists landscapes tho. That’s cool I’v enebr considered that kind of fanart, I always draw/paint book characters. I just finished The Enchantress from”The Land of Stories” I should post it actually.

thank you I’ll check it out!!!!

Grace
    @h-jones

@theclumsy_lamplighter Hahaha!! Geather. I like that. xD You could also call me Hedgehog Jones, if you wanted – I think that’s a nickname of mine. That’s supposed to be the name of the “villain” version of myself. xDDD But seriously, whatever you’d like to call me, I am totally cool with. (: Even Geather. xD

Ahhh, that is for me to know, and for you to find out! xD But to make it easier, I am between the ages of 16 and 21.

Your favorite book sounds SUPER cool! I’ll have to check it out. Have you ever read Outlaws of Time by N. D. Wilson? That’s a good read, too. (:

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by Grace. Reason: added a t h a n g

Chalice
    @chalice

@theclumsy_lamplighter,

Yeah, I don’t like drawing landscapes either. And yes, you should post some of your art. I would love to see it!

TheClumsy_Lamplighter
    @theclumsy_lamplighter

@H-jones

Cool Cool, Geather XP. Hedgehog Jones LOL, hmmmm are you 18?? Thank you!!!! No I have not. I’ll have to check that out as well!

@Chalice

I will!!!

Grace
    @h-jones

@theclumsy_lamplighter Perhaps you will know some day, Grace. xD But for now, my age will remain shrouded in mystery… *brandishes cloak and vanishes into the night*

You are an artist, yes? Do you have an Instagram for your art?

A Kitchen Sink
    @hgm_barnes18

@theclumsy-lamplighter

Nice to meet you! I’m Hannah. My middle name is actually Grace, and my name means Grace, so that’s cool I guess. Haha.

I honestly have no idea what new questions to ask, because I’m late (as always) to the welcoming committee… I guess, here’s one– if you could pick three movies and three songs to watch and listen to for the rest of your life, what would they be?

"If you called out to the void loud enough... hard enough... would the void answer back?"

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest