fb

This is a SUPER important thread…I’m kidding. But you should click on it😉

Forums Fiction Research and Worldbuilding This is a SUPER important thread…I’m kidding. But you should click on it😉

• This topic has 25 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 3 months ago by Rose.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Ella
    @writergirl101

Yesterday, I had this brilliant (kidding) idea for a satirical story with all 16 personality types.  I was thinking it would be cool to have y’all’s tips on how to write each personality if it’s yours. Sooo, I was wondering if you people could answer these questions about your thought processes…😐

Ok, that sounds weird.

(For those of you who don’t know your personality type, here’s the link thingy: https://www.16personalities.com/)

Here are the questions:

1)  How do you react to the danger of the unknown?

2)  How big is your friend group?  (or how big would you like to be?)

3)  What would be the first thing you do on Saturday morning after a long, stressful week?

I might ask more questions along the way, but I just wanted to know see how y’all see stuff.  And, yes, this is a weird question, but it’s research. 😉

Thank you!

Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn.

Arindown (Gracie)
    @arindown

@writergirl101

Mind if I answer? I’m a Mediator (INFP-T)…the girl in green dancing with the butterflies.😁 Famous Mediators that they have on the website are Tolkien, Shakespeare, Anne Shirley, Frodo Baggins, and William Wordsworth.😂 I’m in good company.

It all depends. If it’s an adventure, I’m ready for anything. If it’s work/normal life/relationships, I’ll stress out and have a breakdown. I’m really not a suspense person.

Very small. I like hanging out with people, but those that I actually count as “friends,” aren’t abundant. Besides my family, I have 1 really, really good friend that I would do anything for. The rest I just like playing football and laughing with, but I wouldn’t depend on them.

3)  What would be the first thing you do on Saturday morning after a long, stressful week?

Sleep in. Then I’d probably eat, talk with my sisters, and hang out with my cats in the sun.

Not all those who wander are lost.

Ella
    @writergirl101

@arindown

That’s exactly what I’m looking for.  Thank you!

Rebekah12
    @rebekah12

I am a Defender (ISFJ-T) based on the personality test (thanks for the link!). Here are my answers:

1) How do you react to the danger of the unknown?

I prefer to stick to what I know, unless I have a reason to go through with what ever uncertain thing, so that it would be logical to do it, and that I would be able to see that it is the right decision, in which case I would stick it out.

2) How big is your friend group? (or how big would you like to be?)

Pretty small. Actually, if I am with three or more of my friends at once, I start feeling drained, and get pretty nervous. Once I even ran off and hid in the bathroom, lol.

3) What would be the first thing you do on Saturday morning after a long, stressful week?

Lock myself in my room with a book, some colored pencils, either a sketchbook or a coloring book, and my tablet (for music). Actually, that’s exactly what I do every Sunday, to recharge for the coming week.

Hope this helps you!

“You’re my mission.”
    “Then finish it. ’Cause I’m with you to the end of the line.”

Ella
    @writergirl101

@rebekah12

Yes, this is great!  Thanks!

Princess Foo
    @princess-foo

I am an Advocate (INFJ-T).

Ha ha. Not well. Seriously, throughout high school I would have a meltdown every time I moved up ONE GRADE because “That’s so much closer to college and I don’t feel ready yet and AAAAAAAAAH.” Plot twist—I love college.

I deal with “the unknown” by trying to make it less unknown. I go and research the thing I’m going to be doing. If I know someone who has done it I ask them what it is like. I make plans based off the information I do have. Even if the plan is “Find out what is happening when I get there.” I feel better.

“Friend group” is such a nebulous term because I have different levels of friends. I rarely hang out with more than one or two at a time, and in this time where the only hanging out is done through texting, I have one friend I really talk to regularly. That said, I guess I would set my friend group outside of family at around five people.

Read, YouTube, or videogames. The point is something fairly mindless and alone. I’m liable to just start crying if I try to interact with people when I am completely out of socializing energy, even when it is family.

The cake is a lie. acaylor.com

Eitan
    @eitan

@writergirl101

Hi, I’m an architect (INFJ. I don’t know what does the T/A mean…).

Ugh. I hate the unknown. I prefer to suffer more, knowing exactly how it will be, than to suffer less, with no assurance about the future.

I usually just get myself together and do what I must do. At least, I try to 😉

Hmm… I have many friends, but none of them (except one) is really close to me. I prefer to hang out in small groups, the smaller the better – 2-3, preferably.

(I’m not sure how to ”translate” the phrase to Israeli weeks… Do you go to school at Saturdays?)

You don't need to see the wind itself in order to hear the rustling leaves.

Ella
    @writergirl101

@eitan

I don’t know what does the T/A mean…

T means turbulent (more emotional), and A is assertive (which is more confident).  I’m an ENFP-T.

(I’m not sure how to ”translate” the phrase to Israeli weeks… Do you go to school at Saturdays?)

Saturdays and Sundays are the weekend, so no, we don’t go to school.  I could rephrase it as “what would you do to relax after a long and stressful week?”

@eitan
    , @princess-foo

Thanks, both of you!  This is really helpful.

Candide
    @candide

3)What would be the first thing you do on Saturday morning after a long, stressful week?

As an  architect INFJ/T too, I would leave my bed early to ride my bike or to take a long walk on a park, with abundant trees. Alone. After that, I would apreciate to have lunch with a special friend on a nice restaurant.

Eitan
    @eitan

@writergirl101

Thank you!

I would sleep well (until 9 AM), pray well in the morning, and make a good breakfast.

You don't need to see the wind itself in order to hear the rustling leaves.

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

Hey @Rebekah12! Kinnan here. 🙂

@Ella

I’m a Turbulent Mediator (shocking how accurate that test is!). I’ll answer your other questions as soon as I can, but I don’t have enough time right now. 🙂

~Joelle Stone

"For love is strong as death." -God

Arindown (Gracie)
    @arindown

@joelle-stone

We have the same personality! I’m also a Turbulent Mediator. *high-fives* I don’t know if I’ve met anyone else with the same one as me.

Not all those who wander are lost.

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

@arindown,

Oh, cool!! 😀 Hello, personality match. 😛

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

@writergirl101,

K, here’s the answers to your other questions:

How do you react to the danger of the unknown?

I am a daredevil. I don’t feel like I’m extremely reckless, but I’m reckless enough to get me in trouble. So, if there’s an unknown, I normally head straight into it and plan as I go. If you’ve read the Wingfeather Saga, I’m a mix of Janner and Kal, with Kal’s strategies as my own, and Janner’s not. 😛 Hope that answers your question.

How big is your friend group (or how big would you like it to be)?

Like most people on here, I have two, maybe three close friends. There are a few other people that I count as friends, but not close friends. And I like it the way it is! So yeah, two or three. 🙂

What would be the first thing you do on Saturday morning after a long, stressful week?

Honestly, I don’t know for sure. My mood changes so fast sometimes! I’d probably sleep in ’till nine-ish, then eat a good brunch, do my chores, and settle in with a video game, good book, or a book I’m writing. 🙂 Sometime’s I’d ride. 🙂

Kimmi
    @kimlikesart

Hi @writergirl101 You already have an INFJ on here, but for a ‘confirmation or second opinion’, I shall answer as well. (:

1) How do you react to the danger of the unknown?

It depends. I usually step back and watch if I have time. Watching/observing is what I do the most…reading about stuff to. (but again, this is if I have time.)

(Less time) See how others deal with it, and then speak with them. Gain wisdom or/and knowledge about the unknown.

If it’s pressing, if I don’t have time and I have to do it, I would charge in and act purely on adrenaline and instinct.

2) How big is your friend group? (or how big would you like to be?)

I have a number of ‘on the fringe’ friends who are ‘close to me’, even though I’m not close to them. I mean, I’m a friend to everyone. I listen when poeple are hurting, and am silent unless I can ‘improve the silence’. But I rarely open up or share anything with anyone about myself. (Except embarrasing moments in my past that apply to their problem, to let them know they’re not the only ones to make mistakes.)

I only have two people I vent/tell everything to. I trust them with my life, and heart. It’s scary, for I have trusted and been turned on before. I am very closed unless, I don’t know, it’s sort of like a click. Something inside just tells me, ‘Yes, you can trust this person.’ It starts out slow, trials, tests… But, yeah, I have two people. I would rather just have a few very close friends than a large number of people I don’t really know. It’s hard juggling a whole bunch of relashonships.

3) What would be the first thing you do on Saturday morning after a long, stressful week?

*sigh* I would sleep until about nine, or whenever I wake up (before that). I would read my Bible, and then maybe go outside and sing. I would then try to be alone or with my father (if he’s home).  (Alone I might color/listen to audio books/write/or read) With father I might just be quiet and watch him, or talk about him, or why my week was stressful, and what I was confused about at the moment. Or maybe what I’d learned recently.

Ella, I think you have a great idea! I hope I was helpful!

Jominkreesa

Passion = A Willingness To Suffer

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.