fb

Themes

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Recently, I’ve been having some trouble with themes in my writing, mainly that my stories are all centered around the same thing: forgiveness, revenge, etc. I want to write stories with other themes, but I’m not certain about what to choose, or how to write it. How do I find new themes? How do I write them well? I think I always go the forgiveness/revenge route because it’s the most interesting to me, but there has to be more out there.

Daeus Lamb
    @daeus-lamb

@joyofemberley Well, the “write what you know” adage comes to mind. What are some themes that you’ve been going through in your own life?

😀
    👕👍
    👖 🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Anonymous

https://storyembers.org/members/daeus-lamb/

Well, if you’d asked me this a year ago, I probably wouldn’t have been able to answer, but my life has changed somewhat dramatically since the beginning of 2018 (and is still changing), so here are some of the ‘themes’ so far:

Humility

Courage

Trust

Responsibility

Forgiveness

Friendship

Daeus Lamb
    @daeus-lamb

@joyofemberley Those are great themes!

I could see a whole host of stories based off those. For instance, you could have two friends who run into an issue where they have trouble trusting each other anymore. Then one character gets humble and starts taking responsibility for his/her past actions. He/she does some courageous things for the sake of reuniting their friendship, eventually leading to unity and forgiveness. There you have all the themes in one story.

😀
    👕👍
    👖 🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Anonymous

https://storyembers.org/members/daeus-lamb/

Thanks for your help! That story actually does sound like a very interesting idea now… *brain starts working furiously*

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.