The Wordsmith Says Hello

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself The Wordsmith Says Hello

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

Emberians (can I call you that?), I am new here and look forward to meeting you.

They call me The Wordsmith (though Wordsmith works just fine), I am the author of a storyological blog (a blog for studying stories that I write), or to put it simply I write short stories as a way to study the craft of writing. Reading is a huge part of my life, and my favorite author is probably JRR Tolkien. It is my goal to soak up as much as I can, and am willing to have discussions on most any writing topic.

Because I’m new it feels as though I am stepping into the middle of a massive book. Can anyone give advice on where to start?

-Wordsmith- Author of short stories, Reader of many books, Student in writing, and Lumenite!

Mariposa Aristeo
    @mariposa

@wordsmith Hi! Me and my assistant, Aberdeen the Authorosarus (he’s an ink-drinking, book-eating dinosaur), greet you! πŸ¦–πŸ˜ƒ

What genre do you like to write in?

I think dinosaurs are cooler than dragons. πŸ¦–

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@mariposa

Thank you! And greetings back!

I write fiction, and seem to prefer futuristic, but am open to all. I’ve written a novel (as the NaNoWriMo challenge), and it is futuristic superhero. Many of my short stories are that as well. I have written a few fantasy, but that is harder for me.

-Wordsmith- Author of short stories, Reader of many books, Student in writing, and Lumenite!

Filewriter
    @filewriter

@wordsmith, Actually, we are Emberlings. Although, I also think that Emberians sounds a little more… Writerly?

Well, then I will call you Wordsmith. Greetings! I am Filewriter, or as some have stared calling me, File.

I suppose I will be able to help you around, but I might not be the best person. I do know quite a bit about the guilds and am pretty familiar with the forums by now, so if you do have any questions, all you have to do is ask.

Ooh, what’s your blog address. If you don’t mind my asking.

Yes, what is your favorite genre to write? What is your WIP (if you have one) about?

Don’t worry. I am sure you will find your place here with us soon. πŸ˜‰

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. ~ J. R. R. Tolkien

Warden
    @nuetrobolt

@wordsmith, I’m the Throne Warden of Emberia, and this is my tiny pet dragon Vip, who is very mischievous. Welcome to Story Embers, or Emberia as I call it.

Your story is yours and no one else's. Each sunset is different, depending where you stand. -A. Peterson

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@filewriter, Emberian makes it sound like you are part of a kingdom. Emberling makes it sound like you are person under a teacher. What if our wonderful hosts calls us Emberlings, but we called each other Emberians?

Filewriter! Thank you for getting back!

My blog is TheBookshelfStaircase.wordpress.com

I prefer writing futuristic, with very few fantastical ideas. I like to base my fiction off of ideas that might actually work, but not in a way that makes it too realistic.

(Sorry for taking so long to get back. My internet went out.)

I’m not sure what a WIP is… Would you please clarify?

Thank you for the comfort.

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@nuetrobolt

Thank you for the welcome. I am very pleased to meet you and Vip!

Filewriter
    @filewriter

@wordsmith, True, true.

Ooh, interesting. I like writing Sci-fi and Fantasy. I think I’ve discovered that my latest project is actually sci-fi fantasy. I mean, it has “superhero-ish” people in it.

Ah, no problem. I was in school anyways.

Oh, of course. *face palms* When someone very first said that to me I was like, “What?” But now, I’ve gotten so used to it. WIP stands for Work in Progress. (Sorry about that) πŸ™‚

Yeah, yeah. No problem. Stick with me kid and I’ll show you the works. Haha, sorry slipped into an unknown character there, but seriously, I have been here a little while, so I think I know this place fairly well by now. πŸ˜‰ You’ll figure it out soon enough.

Oh, one more question. How old are you? You don’t have to answer, but I was just curious. ☺

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. ~ J. R. R. Tolkien

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@filewriter

I have several works in progress, and am currently trying to figure out how to bring some of them back to my spotlight, or intertwine them into a single. That is more stewing at the back of my brain though. My most current work in progress is the next story for my blog. I don’t have a name for it, and due to it’s nature I don’t want to give anything away. Thanks for asking.

I am of the years that make me older than ten, but younger than 25. I am old enough that the term ‘kid’ is (not insulting) maybe slightly condescending. Calling me ‘sir’ is awkward, but when my pastor calls me ‘lad’ it’s endearing. I am… I am… I am… Wait for it… Wait for it (since I really don’t have to tell you, I’m taking my time)… I’m not 18. I am fifteen years old. What about you?

I will guess seventeen, maybe eighteen.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by Buddy J..

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

Β I will guess seventeen, maybe eighteen.

@filewriter
    I take it back! Fifteen!

Filewriter
    @filewriter

@wordsmith, oh. πŸ˜‰ I get that.

Whew, at first I thought you were going to leave me and let me die of curiosity.

Wait! What!? You can’t just change your guess at the last moment!!! Ugh, fine. And here I was, laughing to myself that someone thought I could ever be as mature as a seventeen or eighteen year old. Seriously, that was funny. And don’t worry I wouldn’t dream of calling a fifteen year old “sir” that would be weird.

But, yes, I am fifteen. I just turned fifteen in April. How did you guess? Do I have a stalker? *looks you over suspiciously*

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@filewriter, Define ‘Stalker’.

I might have sight skill in online stalking. I mean you gave me in info to use, so I used it. I have a feeling you didn’t look at my profile, but I looked at yours. I looked at your blog after sending in my first answer, andΒ  saw that you said your age. Had to change my answer thus.

So am I a Stalker? Lemme put it this way, I go by Security Presence when among a group of writing friends, because things don’t slip past me so easily. Besides, I’m new here and don’t want to get caught of guard.Β  πŸ™‚

I might be pretty inept with computers as well.

Filewriter
    @filewriter

@wordsmith, hmm… Actually, I did check out your profile, but I do that with everybody new that I meet. *cough* I mean… Fine, you aren’t a stalker. You’re just smart. ☺

Find one of my favorite songs, though, and I will change my mind. πŸ˜‰

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@filewriter

Hmm… Challenge accepted.

And I thank you for such complements.

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@filewriter

Because you presented it as a challenge, I’m assuming it’s possible by searching public profiles.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest