The Theme of Purpose

Forums Fiction Themes The Theme of Purpose

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Holly Clarise
    @happyholly_c

As I prepare for NaNoWriMo, I’ve been thinking a lot about the theme of my book, which is “purpose.”

So I’m curious, what do you all think of when you hear the word “purpose”? What emotions, thoughts, etc. come to your mind in association with the word “purpose”? What are the positive and negative traits of the word?

Feel free to share your thoughts!

I am an ENFP writer 🥳 "Adventure is out there!"

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@happyholly_c Purpose is actually one of the main themes of my current WIP too, so if you don’t mind I think ill stalk this thread for a while. 😀

"Though I'm not yet who I will be, I'm no longer who I was."

Daeus Lamb
    @daeus-lamb

I think immediately of the meaning of life. I can’t think of any negative traits to it.

😀
    👕👍
    👖 🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@daeus-lamb I agree!

Assistant Guildmaster of the Awesome Meraki
    ~ Created to create ~

Michelle
    @mlbolangerauthor

Someone could be so focused on their purpose they miss the fun in life, or run a relationship into the ground?

Clumsy but cute. Apologizes a lot. Doesn't shed. Much.

I, David
    @i-david

So I’m curious, what do you all think of when you hear the word “purpose”?

I hear the word “point.” What are your goals? What are you trying to do? What goals do you have to fulfill, actions you have to complete? What do you want your image, name, and/or actions to mean?

To have purpose is to act with direction. Conversely, to be purposeless is to–at the most–act without adding anything to, well, anything.

But that’s just my thoughts. *Shrugs*

Four
    INFP
    songwriter

I, David
    @i-david

To build off of what @daeus-lamb said, I think that a negative side to purpose would be what you find purpose in, and how much purpose you find in it.

It can be good to find purpose in writing and bad to find it in stealing. But it can also be wrong to find too much purpose in writing–and thus idolize it–as our ultimate purpose must be found in Christ.

With purpose there must also be balance.

Four
    INFP
    songwriter

Sink
    @sarah-inkdragon

Well, when I think if purpose, I think of the meaning of life just like Daeus, or finding the purpose of life/understanding what the purpose of life it. 😉 I think there’s a lot of ways you could interpret this, but the purpose of life is what comes to mind first.

*vader vibes*

Holly Clarise
    @happyholly_c

Wow, thank you all so much for your thoughts! They have really helped me and I appreciate it!

I am an ENFP writer 🥳 "Adventure is out there!"

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest