fb

The story of me

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself The story of me

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    His Bard
    @his-bard

Greetings.

Those of you who are in the Young Writers Community may or may not know my tagline as ‘Master Bard’. I currently lead a critique group within the community’s Green Fellowship, and I periodically show up around the common editing and feedback space.

As can be seen, my name is David Keener, and I am a self-proclaimed bard, as storyteller/poet figures were known in the British/Irish isles. Though I am not myself directly British, I do claim a strong Scottish ethnicity, and a deep love of all things Irish.

I am previously home-schooled and a self-taught writer. I have been writing for the last ten of my almost 22 years, and though I have yet to complete any of my numerous projects, they are well on their way. These projects are primarily contemporary fiction, though I also write in historical fiction, sci-fi, and a smidge of fantasy.

I type as an INTJ-T, enneagram 5. My favorite authors are C.S. Lewis, J.R.R. Tolkien, and Ted Dekker

I look forward to collaborating with all of you on our individual journeys towards becoming better storytellers, and am always ready to share any knowledge I’ve absorbed over the course of my journey.

My writing philosophy: |
    Scripture says the tongue is more powerful than a forest fire. I say the pen is even more powerful than the tongue, because spoken word can be forgotten, but written word lasts forever. As authors, we are some of the most powerful mortals on earth. We can build empires, wage wars, and destroy civilizations, and in real life, all through the words we write. My pen is my sword, and with it, I write God’s story.
    Authors are also the closest man could ever come to experiencing what it might feel like to be in God’s shoes. We create worlds, fill them with life, and make all things, good and bad, come together to accomplish our ultimate plan for our characters.

Till I see you again,
    His Bard

Spoken words are forgotten. Written word lasts forever. Writers are the most powerful mortals to exist.

Hedges
    @h-jones

@his-bard Wow, first and foremost, I’m very impressed by your writing philosophy. It’s really cool that you took the time to actually come up with something like that!

Secondly, WELCOME TO STORY EMBERS! I actually think I remember seeing you around on Young Writer’s Workshop because I spent a bit of my writing journey there. Not so much anymore, but it was fun while it lasted. 😀

I can say the same for C. S. Lewis! I’ve also read one of Ted Dekker’s books—only one (A.D. 30) but from what I remember, I loved it!

So… you have some WIPs, huh? What’s your favorite idea you have currently, if you have a favorite? 😀

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by Hedges.

Married a blacksmith, and now frequently uses his knowledge for writing fantasy.

His Bard
    @his-bard

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Favorite project idea…I guess my most active project, The Arayoth Chronicles, can be considered my favorite. Its a complex series about a young orphan with an important heritage, an elite black ops sniper with a haunted past, and the almighty God that caused their paths to cross.

Do you have any current projects?

Spoken words are forgotten. Written word lasts forever. Writers are the most powerful mortals to exist.

Hedges
    @h-jones

@his-bard Ohhhh, man, that sounds so cool!! A series, huh? Will their be multiple books? Have you written any yet?

As for me, I actually do! My primary one is graphic novel about a teen mother of 17 doubling as a superhero. I’m really excited about it too bjvjgvgjfjgcjgcfncj

Married a blacksmith, and now frequently uses his knowledge for writing fantasy.

His Bard
    @his-bard

I’ve planned  for three separate trilogies that all tie together for a total of nine books. All of those books are started, and their stories are fully planned out, but none are finished yet.I have started to make great headway with the first book lately, so Lord willing, I’ll get it finished someday in the not too far away future, and if it starts selling well, I’ll already have a structured plan for writing as a full-time career.

A teen mom/superhero is definitely something I’ve never read before, but it sounds like a scenario where things could get quite interesting. Have you put any of it up for critique/beta reading at any point?

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@his-bard Hello! It’s splendid to have you join our ranks here at SE. I look forward to bumping into you in the future! I can’t think of any original questions to ask, so I’ll leave it at that.

"Though I'm not yet who I will be, I'm no longer who I was."

Hedges
    @h-jones

@his-bard Ahh, that’s so cool! Nine books, that’s incredible. Man, it sounds super interesting and I’d love to read it when it comes out.

Haha that’s what I’m hoping for. xD Sadly I have not, mostly because I don’t have it written yet 😂 After I iron out a few things, however, I plan to get started very soon!

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@his-bard

You’re on ydubs? Awesome!! I don’t think I’ve seen you around on there, but then again, I’m not in the editing/feedback space or the green fellowship.

Your WIP sounds awesome!! And your writing philosophy is so cool!

What’s your favorite book by Tolkien and fave book by Lewis?

@h-Jones

Waiiiit. You were on YWW for a while?? *cannot believe just how many people on SE are also or used to be on there*

"You can dance with my henchman."

Liana J. Douglas
    @lianajdouglas

@his-bard

Hey, there! Welcome!

Glances up at Veraza’s post 

Yeah, there seems to be quite a lot of us YDubbers around these parts. Which… really makes sense. ‘Cause we’re writers. XD

Artist. Actress. Fantasy Fiction. MBTI Nerd. Star Wars. Marvel Films. Piano. Jesus Freak.

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@lianajdouglas

Yeah. XD It’s just, before I joined Ydubs I knew like 3 people on here were on or used to be on it. Now I know like 15.

Also. I just realized. If we can convince Flynn to get SE since it’s free… you two could still stay in touch.

Liana J. Douglas
    @lianajdouglas

@kari-karast

Gasp 

Eyes widen

I…

I didn’t even think of that!!!

Bashes head into the wall (And no ice packs, please)

Blinks and then looks up

Hands bacon

Thank you so much, V. That’s absolutely brilliant.

Hugs and then runs off to go figure stuff out

Artist. Actress. Fantasy Fiction. MBTI Nerd. Star Wars. Marvel Films. Piano. Jesus Freak.

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@lianajdouglas

*stares in shock* She… hugged me… she actually hugged me.

Anyways. I’ll be praying it works out!

His Bard
    @his-bard

@kari-karast

The Hobbit, and a tossup between The Magician’s Nephew and The Last Battle. The birth and death of Narnia are both pretty powerful.

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@his-bard

Nice! What stands out to you about those? Why is the Hobbit your favorite?

Taylor Clogston
    @taylorclogston

@his-bard Have you read Till We Have Faces or The Children of Hûrin? Hobbit used to be my favorite Tolkien book until I read Hûrin.

"...the one with whom he so sought to talk has already interceded for him." -The Master and Margarita

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest