fb

*The Sky Starts Raining Sunflowers*

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself *The Sky Starts Raining Sunflowers*

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Cindy Green
    @cindy

Hello all πŸ™‚ My name is Cindy, and I couldn’t be more excited to watch Story Embers come to life!

Like most of the staff, I came from the regal land of Kingdom Pen where I served as Writing Team Captain. Here, in this magical forest of flickering embers, I will be contributing as a staff writer and Publication Manager (which means I get to publish all our amazing new content — if I can stop staring at it in awe long enough to get it on the site).

I’m an ambiverted poet with a love for beautiful words and an excitement to grow the wildflowers between my pages. Some people say I control the wind, but I would much prefer to wield the sky. If I ever had such power, you all would know it. The world would never be rid of the sunflowers I would bring. Oh, and we’d all definitely be able to see all the galaxies from our bedroom windows. Could you imagine all the stars that would shine, even in the city? Think of all the comets… All the fireworks…

*cough*

…Sorry.

A love for storytelling in my childhood led me to teach myself how to type, and now I win at all the typing games. It’s kind of a thing I like to tease my parents about, since they were always rather unimpressed at my child self for rebelling against all their well-meant typing lessons. πŸ˜€

I’m so excited to meet every single one of you! Sending sunflowers to each of your front doors.

to elevate the soul, poetry is necessary. -eap

Christine Eaton
    @christieaton

Look it’s my wonderful little poet soul sister! Hey there Cinders. I can’t wait for those sunflowers to show up on my doorstep. πŸ™‚

β€œI feel a loneliness for my Creator that pulls me like a migratory bird in the Fall.”

Brianna Storm Hilvety
    @briannastorm

Hello, oh wondrous poet! I’ll provide some rain to help your sunflowers grow and flourish: 🌧 πŸ’¦ 🌧 πŸ’¦ 🌧 πŸ’¦

I took typing lessons when I was ten years old and they frustrated me to no end, because I could never type fast enough to beat the clock. Which is exceedingly ironic, because now I can type lightning fast with only my thumbs (on my phone) or without looking at the keyboard (on my laptop). πŸ˜›

Mariposa Aristeo
    @mariposa

Greetings, Cindy! I’m so glad you’re here. You’re gonna be an awesome publishing manager. Β πŸ€— *puts sunflowers in vase* Besides sunflowers, what are some of your favorite flowers? πŸ™‚

@christieaton
    You just called her Cinders…and this placed is called Story Embers…how ironic. πŸ˜…

I think dinosaurs are cooler than dragons. πŸ¦–

Cindy Green
    @cindy

@mariposa That is quite perfect πŸ˜€

@briannastorm
    It’s such a handy ability! It’s also rather amusing to freak people out by carrying on a conversation with them while continually typing.

@christieaton
    *hugs my soul sister*

Brandon Miller
    @brandon-miller

Hey Cindy!

all those galaxies would be nice… but wow would it be hard to sleep.Β  idk, maybe sleeping is overrated.

also

THIS. IS. HAPPENING.

---
    Fair Winds and Following Seas,
    Brandon Miller -- Wesley Turner

Grace Livingston
    @gracelivingston

@cindy EEEP. Being able to see galaxies like the would be so amazing! Now I want to paint that cityscape… πŸ˜›

"I'd like to add some beauty to life," said Anne dreamily.

Sam Kowal
    @sam-kowal

@cindy

You are a poet. Through and through. Now I know how you write those nice poems, it is in your nature.

Thanks for the sunflower! It is really nice getting that this time of year where I live all I can see is snow, and some mud.

I put in a vase at the end my table—

STAN! What did you do to my FLOWER???

Sorry. Stan is my pet dragon, and… yeah.

*nom, nom, nom* *eats donuts*
    Oh, are you hungry? *begins weeping*
    I would have saved you one!

Maya Wylie
    @m_corinnemusic

*slides in behind Cindy and waits for her to introduce me*

*waves awkwardly*

INFJ | singer/songwriter | swimmer | it's an underscore, people!!

Cindy Green
    @cindy

@m_corinnemusic *pulls Maya out from behind me* *whispers* I promise they’ll love you, come on.

Dear people of SE, meet my lovely, nerdy, smiley friend Maya. (Yes, you are. You’re smiley. Don’t go all Batman on me.) Feel free to throw confetti at her. It’s great. She’ll love it. πŸ˜€

(You know I love you, right)

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by Cindy Green.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by Cindy Green.

Cindy Green
    @cindy

@brandon-miller Sleep would definitely be overrated if I could watch galaxies every night.

also

I KNOW. I CAN’T BELIEVE ANY OF THIS.

@gracelivingston
    Now I want you to paint that beautiful picture you out in my head πŸ™‚

@sam-kowal
    You’re wel — *stares at Stan* Really, dude? Okay, fine. I’ll give Sam another flower.

@gabriellepollack
    Maybe we should start a dragon manners group for Stan and Fernando.

Gabrielle Pollack
    @gabriellepollack

@Cindy What are you talking about? Fernando has perfect manners. πŸ˜›

Elizabeth
    @elizabeth

Hello hello!

INTP. Writer of fantasy and sci-fi. Wannabe artist. Anime geek. Merakian.

Maya Wylie
    @m_corinnemusic

@cindy Okay, okay. *reluctantly steps out from behind Cindy* Hi, people! *Batman-whispers to Cindy* BUT DARKNESS!

@sam-kowal
    Can I pet your dragon?

INFJ | singer/songwriter | swimmer | it's an underscore, people!!

Cindy Green
    @cindy

@m_corinnemusic Do you really want to pet Stan? He might eat your hand.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest