fb

The Mysterious Man

Forums Fiction Characters The Mysterious Man

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    CalebOnline
    @calebonline

Hey guys, it’s Caleb!

So I have this character in a video series that I want to develop, and I wanted to see if you could help me.

His name is Bobby Jones, and he is supposed to be a mix between Indiana Jones and an adventure hero stereotype… the thing is, no one meets him. Although the plot of my story revolves around finding him, he’s supposed to be a mysterious figure. How do I develop a character that’s supposed to be an enigma without ruining his “mysteriosity”? Any advice?

So people know I posted:

@cassie-hartfinh

@esjohnson

@coggleton

@julia

@silverclaw-bonnetfolly

@evelyn

@ariella-newheart

@sarah-vdh

@steward-of-the-pen

@e-jo3

@writercatherine

@thewanderingtypewriter

@jade

@taylorclogston

Thanks for all of your help! ๐Ÿ˜€

Julia
    @julia

@calebonline Hmmmm… that’s a hard question…

Well, if the characters are looking for him, they should probably be finding clues on how to find him, right? So maybe you can kind of thread things about the character on that trail in a way that allows the characters to learn more about him? I’m not sure exactly, since I don’t know what your story is ๐Ÿ˜›

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@calebonline What an intriguing question! Though, having a cast of characters who never meet a person, correctly understand his character, seems a bit hard to come about.

Perhaps a way to keep him mysterious and yet develop him at the same time, would be to, through maybe newspapers, articles, word of mouth, etc, the cast of characters, discover facts about him and his actions, but at the same time not understand his motives behind all his actions, and all the characters have to speculate. Hence the mystery the sense of mystery around Bobby Jones.

Does that makes sense?

Well, that’s one idea. *shrugs* ๐Ÿ™‚

CalebOnline
    @calebonline

Cool, thanks @evelyn and @julia! You’ve got some great ideas! ๐Ÿ˜€

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@calebonline Glad to help!

I, David
    @i-david

@calebonline Two crucial questionsย I must ask:

1.Is he the/a main character of the story?

2. Does he have a POV?

Four
    INFP
    songwriter

Taylor Clogston
    @taylorclogston

Since this sounds like a humorous story, maybe you could constantly have stories about him that describe all the ridiculous feats he’s accomplished? I’m envisioning Chuck Norris joke sort of things, each one crazier than the previous =P

"...the one with whom he so sought to talk has already interceded for him." -The Master and Margarita

CalebOnline
    @calebonline

@i-david to answer your questions, no & no

@taylorclogston
    that is amazing! That’d be hilarious… and since he’s famous, his stories can be REALLY stretched

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest