fb

The Local Pizza Ninja has Come

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself The Local Pizza Ninja has Come

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Jane Maree
    @jane-maree

Howdy one and all! I’m Jane Maree (obviously) and I’m a freelance editor, speculative fiction author, pizza ninja, superhero-obsessed fangirl, adventurer, martial artist, ENFP,Β  Australian (yes, I’m from the opposite side of the world than probably about 80% of you), musician + a lot of other random hobbies and obsessions. (Feel free to stalk my website if you want to know more about me πŸ˜‰ )

I’ve written aproximately six novels, and am currently working through editing my sci fi novel ‘A Sprig of Green’ with the goal of pitching to publishers at the beginning of next year.

I’ve been around Kingdom Pen for a while, so most of you probably know me at least a little, and if not hello–it’s quite time we met! πŸ˜›

I’m super pumped for Story Embers, though I may not be able to be around very much due to freelance editing deadlines.

Writing Heroes ♦ Writing Hope // janemareeauthor.com.au

J.A.Penrose
    @j-a-penrose

@jane-maree Heyooo! *waves to my neighbour* So cool that you have joined!

Writer | Freelance editor
    Inspiration

Elizabeth
    @elizabeth

It’s Jane! Hi Jane!

Goodness, six novels? Do you have a favorite one, or is that a bad question?

INTP. Writer of fantasy and sci-fi. Wannabe artist. Anime geek. Merakian.

Jane Maree
    @jane-maree

@j-a-penrose

Heeyy, yes I have joined!! So proud of me. XD *waves back*

@Elizabeth

HEY ELIZABETH. *tacklehugs* Ooh hmm…probably a bad question. XD Nah, actually my favourite is probably A Sprig of Green (hence I was willing to commit this entire year to editing it. πŸ˜› )

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by Jane Maree.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by Jane Maree.

Sam Kowal
    @sam-kowal

@jane-maree Storms! Hi, Welcome, Awesome to see you here. Somehow I missed your topic at first.

Six.

*eyes widen*

Six. Yeah.Β A Sprig of Green is very interesting, at least the bits that have been released;). ‘Twould be totally cool and not that surprising if it was published

*nom, nom, nom* *eats donuts*
    Oh, are you hungry? *begins weeping*
    I would have saved you one!

Elizabeth
    @elizabeth

Ah, that’s right! You’ve mentioned it before, but unfortunately, I seem to have forgotten what it’s about…?

INTP. Writer of fantasy and sci-fi. Wannabe artist. Anime geek. Merakian.

Jane Maree
    @jane-maree

@Sam-Kowal haha, no worries. There’s so many introductory topics at the moment that it’s a little hard to find anything! πŸ˜›

*blushes* Aw, dude, that’s so epic of you to say. πŸ˜€ I really hope it will be one day soon.

@Elizabeth
    yes, I have! I actually got a short story version of the first chapter published on KP. Basically it’s about a girl trying to stop the segregation against disabled people, and a dude trying to work out which side of the segregation is actually the ‘right’ side.

cowlick
    @cowlick

pizza ninjas? hmm I know only one pizza ninja…

-wave- xD

toodle-oop

Jane Maree
    @jane-maree

@Cowlick *gasp* ROSEY!!! *tacklehugs*

Jenna Terese
    @jenwriter17

@jane-maree Yay Jane’s here! <3 πŸ˜€

"If you want to change the world, pick up your pen and write." -Martin Luther
    www.jennaterese.com

Jane Maree
    @jane-maree

@Jenwriter17 yes, I am indeed! πŸ™‚

Sarah Narnathron
    @sarah-narnathron

Hello, Jane! Nice to meet you! I have a couple other friends from your bit of the worldβ€” mostly New Zealanders, admittedly, but there are a few Aussies there too.

Out of curiosity, what style(s) of martial arts do you do? I learned a little bit of tae kwon do last semester, but unfortunately, the instructor’s schedule filled up and he had to stop giving lessons before I could get super far. Also, who’s your favorite superhero?

Welcome to the masquerade.

Jane Maree
    @jane-maree

@sarah-narnathron Hey! Aw sweet, that’s really cool. πŸ˜€

I’m all self taught, due to time/money/etc. but I’ve done some taekwondo, karate, boxing + kickboxing, muay thai, and MMA stuff. Plus some parkour, if you count that. All good fun. *nodnod*

Spider-maaaaaaan always. <3 I’ve always loved Spider-Man. Captain America, Wonder Woman, and Thor are probably my second favourites though.

Sarah Narnathron
    @sarah-narnathron

@Jane-Maree Wow, that’s a pretty great variety. Cool beans! Do you have a favorite out of those?

Spider-Man is great! I haven’t seen Homecoming (still . . . I tend to wait until stuff is out on DVD), but it looks awesome, and I loved him in Civil War. Captain America is probably my fave, so, yeah. πŸ™‚

Welcome to the masquerade.

Jane Maree
    @jane-maree

@sarah-narnathron My favourite is probably parkour, because it’s so variable and fun. And it doesn’t have rules as such, like most of the others do.

Aaah dude, you MUST see Homecoming (I think it should be out on DVD by now? It is in Australia, so it should be in the U.S. too) it is SO worth seeing. The character development is super good and this Spider-Man is the most realistic and definitely my favourite version.

Cap is pretty good too though. *nodnod*

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.