fb

The Inklings Renewed

Forums Fiction Research and Worldbuilding The Inklings Renewed

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 143 total)
  • Author
    Silver Shadow
    @tashah-claymore

@w-o-holmes

I suppose our taste buds are very different.

I love the last name Norfleet, and it looks like that’s a pretty popular one in your name choices.  For first names, William Norfleet sounds really good, but I don’t know if you want to have your real name and pen name combined.  There’s nothing wrong with it being combined, I just don’t know if that’s something you want to do.  Or you could do the German version of your first name, making it Wilhelm Norfleet.  Otherwise, I think I like Andrew and James as first names with the last name Norfleet.

"One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching." -Gerard Way

Leon Fleming
    @w-o-holmes

@tashah-claymore

We shall agree…

Yeah, I kinda wanted that, but now I don’t really care. I liked those names too.

Silver Shadow
    @tashah-claymore

@w-o-holmes

Indeed, we do.

Let me know which one you settle on!

"One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching." -Gerard Way

Leon Fleming
    @w-o-holmes
    Leon Fleming
    @w-o-holmes

Nice name

Silver Shadow
    @tashah-claymore

@w-o-holmes

I do not understand what ‘ight means.

Thank you!

Leon Fleming
    @w-o-holmes

@tashah-claymore

Ah, yo: alright=’ight

Sure! Your welcs!

Silver Shadow
    @tashah-claymore

@w-o-holmes

Ah, that makes sense.

Leon Fleming
    @w-o-holmes
    Silver Shadow
    @tashah-claymore

@w-o-holmes

So, back to the dwarves . . . any particular aspect of them we should talk about next?

Leon Fleming
    @w-o-holmes

What are you writing right now?

Leon Fleming
    @w-o-holmes

@tashah-claymore

Gosh! I’ve been coming up with all these things! Course I did bring the topic up, but…

Um, okay. So how about this: the way in which other peoples/species/races/whatever-you-want-to-call-’em look and see the dwarves as. Based on the world they’re set in.

Silver Shadow
    @tashah-claymore

@w-o-holmes

Yes, you did bring this whole thing up, so you get the lead it.

In the world where I have dwarves, I think my other Races will look down on them.  The reason is, the dwarves don’t really socialize or trade or anything.  They keep to themselves and don’t like talking with the other Races.  If a dwarf and another Race see each other on the road or something, the dwarf either goes away or pulls his hood up over his face and mutters as he walks by.

Leon Fleming
    @w-o-holmes

@tashah-claymore

Ha. Ha. Yes I did, didn’t I?

In one of my fantasy worlds, the dwarves are thought of by one of the groups of men as a source of goods. Nothing more. Other places they are looked down upon. Some places they are thought of as rich and wealthy.

Silver Shadow
    @tashah-claymore

@w-o-holmes

Yep!  So you brought it upon yourself!

There seems to be a theme of dwarves being looked down on.  Hmm.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 143 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest