fb

The Inklings Renewed

Forums Fiction Research and Worldbuilding The Inklings Renewed

Viewing 8 posts - 136 through 143 (of 143 total)
  • Author
    Leon Fleming
    @w-o-holmes

@tashah-claymore

Yea, that’s true. Innovation then: what if some people really despise them even to the point of all-out war. Like the Holocaust.

Silver Shadow
    @tashah-claymore

@w-o-holmes

That would be quite interesting.  In the right story, that could also be a great addition!  It’s definitely something good to think about.

"One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching." -Gerard Way

Leon Fleming
    @w-o-holmes

@tashah-claymore

Yea, though maybe just a sub-plot/thread. It could create for an imaginative and thickly-emotion draining story; as you said. 🙂 Then, at the end of the book, the two kings duel it out in an epic scene of fantastical genius.

Silver Shadow
    @tashah-claymore

@w-o-holmes

It would work better as a sub-plot rather than the main plot/focus of the story.  And epic scene of fantastical genius would be awesome!

"One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching." -Gerard Way

Leon Fleming
    @w-o-holmes

@tashah-claymore

Yea! Hay, I’ve an idea! Let’s write out that little scene, huh?! Good idea?!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by Leon Fleming.
    Leon Fleming
    @w-o-holmes

We can just…make it up as we go along? Here goes the start: (feel free to change anything; names and such)

As the last rays of the setting sun fell across the bloodied ground, the last remaining bouts ended and the two respective armies returned to their camps. Torches blazed as King Evosmayn stood on the brink of his camp, looking down upon the carnage and ruin. His eyes dripped with a sickening revulsion and rancor at the enemy ranks as they milled about their tents. His thick, dark beard was slick with perspiration and his large brows were furrowed in angry thought.

Across the field, a warrior stood; unmatched. Unbeaten. His dark armour hung about his large frame like skin on a lion. Sword hanging limp at his side, his eyes caught a blur of movement on the lang below…

You continue?

Silver Shadow
    @tashah-claymore

@w-o-holmes

Gladly!  Real quick, though, is “lang” supposed to be “land”?  The dictionary definition of “lang” doesn’t fit the context.  I’m going to write like you meant “land.”  Feel free to change things if that’s not what you meant.

His head swiveled toward the movement, pinpointing its location.  Two soldiers, enemies of him, were limping along together towards their camp.  They still had a long way to go, and their watchful king may not have spotted them yet.  The warrior felt the hilt of his sword, stroking it with his fingers, considering.  Would they be worth taking out?  He remembered one of those two taking down at least ten of his people, so perhaps it will be worth his trouble…

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

Hello everyone, I hast returned. Braces are incredibly annoying. This battlefield scene reminds me of a thing I wrote a while back. Lemme go dig it up…

*finds it*

Oh gosh. My writing was so bad back then. But it does have the same idea. XD The leaders of two armies, elf kings, were having a one on one duel bc the armies were so equally matched.

"You can dance with my henchman."

Viewing 8 posts - 136 through 143 (of 143 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest