The Fantasy Writer's Realm

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions The Fantasy Writer's Realm

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 168 total)
  • Author
    Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@fledgling-artist

YAY!!! I am not alone!

*does happy little dance*

Yeah, you are right about tropes. I agree with you.

"But how could you live and have no story to tell?" - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@eden-anderson

Who’s Bard?

GIANT EAGLES. LANDROVAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!

And FARAMIR. I’m sad he got stuck with such a horrible father. On Google Hangouts chats I randomly have Denethor pop out of nowhere so I can punch him. (Luckily my friends are all used to my craziness so they’re fine with it.)

"You can dance with my henchman."

Sarah Inkdragon
    @sarah-inkdragon

@r-m-archer

*shakes hand*

Agreed. Marvel is much better. Batman is epic though, I must say that. I’ve never really liked Superman because he’s so…. generic. Then again, I’ve only seen the old Superman films.

@kari-karast

Haha Toothless is awesome. I’m so excited for HTTYD3, but I’m also kind of dreading it because it means the series will be over. 🙁

I don’t mind chosen one tropes, I just think they’re overused and to many people don’t put enough thought into them to make them entertaining enough for me to read. 😉 (And Star Wars is also amazing. #StarWarsGeek)

@thewirelessblade

Heyo!

@eden-anderson

Haha, I didn’t make it too far into the thread. I love reading Hi-Fi, but writing Hi-Fi isn’t really my thing XD. So your plots are safe. 😉

YUSSS. Faramir needs a hug. And chocolate. And he and Eowyn are adorable together XD.

*falls off chair*

You poor, deprived dear. You must watch Marvel. I recommend for starters the Captain America films. XD Or Thor… and all the Iron Man films are pretty good.

I stand by the fact that dragons are epic. If they’re written well. I get what you mean by them getting a lot of hype, and they do. But I still love them. XD Just like my anti-heroes…. they’re overused as well but if they’re done well they’re just so good.

"A hard heart is no infallible protection against a soft head."

- C. S. Lewis

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@kari-karast

I was referring to Bard the Dragon Slayer from The Hobbit. He’s one of my favorite characters.

On Google Hangouts chats I randomly have Denethor pop out of nowhere so I can punch him. (Luckily my friends are all used to my craziness so they’re fine with it.)

A completely logical action, my dear.

*nods*

Sarah Inkdragon
    @sarah-inkdragon

@eden-anderson

Bard is awesome. 😉

"A hard heart is no infallible protection against a soft head."

- C. S. Lewis

Thomas (CrØss_Bl₳de)
    @thewirelessblade

Dragons. I like them, but I’m not obvious about it. Unlike guitars.

*Forum Signature here*

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@sarah-inkdragon

SAME. Have you by any chance watched Dragons Race to the Edge? It goes just about right up to HTTYD 2. (Kinda)

Yeah… mine is unique as far as I know. Hopefully people don’t think it’s crazy. I won’t say anymore though in case you ever read my books when I finally decide to have people alpha or beta test them.

@eden-anderson

OH. That Bard. I was thinking of a dragon named Bard. XD. That makes more sense.

Also. I’m glad you think so. I’ve also thrown him out a window and strangled him. (At separate times.) It’s great for relieving stress.

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@sarah-inkdragon

Whew! That’s a relief. 😛

*scratches head*

Hmmm…I am deprived? I guess I better watch MARVEL then. 😁At least I know where to start…there is like a ton. Thanks for the advice.

The hug was for you by the way.

And yes, I believe you that dragons are epic. I just never got into them. Perhaps one day my eyes will be opened to the truth and I shall see these magnificent creatures for what they truly are!

*cough*

*cough, cough*

😉

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@sarah-inkdragon

😁 Bard is one of the main, and few, reasons that I can bring myself to watch the The Hobbit. (Peter Jackson mutilated that story…*cries*)

@kari-karast

Denethor met his just end, which is both satisfying and a little sad.

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@eden-anderson

I’ve never watched the 3rd one and it’s been way too long since I’ve watched the first 2 that I honestly can’t remember, so I’ll just take your word for it.

For me. It’s not sad at all. He totally deserved it. I will not shed any tears for his demise. (However I can be a heartless monster sometimes to my characters so that’s probably part of it. (Well, not really because he really did deserve it in my opinion.) You know what? I’m just going to stop now because if I start ranting about Denethor I could go on for hours.)

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@kari-karast

Yeah, a part of me is like “serves the jerk right” but the other part of me still feels sad for him…maybe that comes from the ENFP compassionate side of me.

Then, again, I remember how horribly Denethor treats Faramir and I circle back around to being mad again.

*sigh*

Okay, let’s both stop then. 🙂

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@eden-anderson

Agreed.

WAIT. Your an ENFP too!? (I’m not completely sure that’s what I am but that’s what the test said I was and I haven’t looked at the other personality types to see if one of them fits me more yet.)

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@kari-karast

Yes, I am a ENFP.

*Salutes*

I think we are pretty common. 😁

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@eden-anderson

-salutes back-

Maybe… I haven’t really met anyone else who I know is an ENFP though…

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@kari-karast

Really? I’ve met like 3 or 4 on here already…maybe more.

I could be wrong about there being a lot of ENFP’s…I don’t know that much about Myer-Briggs Personality Types.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 168 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest