fb

The dinosaur lover has returned from extinction!

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself The dinosaur lover has returned from extinction!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Mariposa Aristeo
    @mariposa

Hi! I’m Mariposa Aristeo, officially known as SE’s one and only dinosaur lover. Technical difficulties with my tablet nearly pushed my forum activity to extinction, but now those problems have been fixed and I can return to our happy community! 😃

For those of you who haven’t met me, I’m SE’s graphic, Instagram, and email manager. As a reclusive INFJ, I enjoy quiet activities such as hiding Easter eggs in my art, baking, perusing Charles Spurgeon books, and burning spiders at the stake. I like all things tropical, including palm trees, hibiscus, and chocolate-covered pineapple. I’m currently writing a children’s series that combines humor, heart, and my longtime love of dinosaurs. 🦕 Most of my inspiration comes from my fictional (according to some) assistant, Aberdeen the Authorosaurus. He’s an ink-drinking, book-eating dinosaur who pretends to be helpful and threatens to sit on me when I’m not writing. 😜🦖

So now that you’ve met me, I’d like to meet you! What are your favorite books and hobbies? And of course for all of my old peeps, I’d love to hear what you’ve been up to lately. 🤗

I can’t wait to start interacting with you all again! Life is more hectic than it used to be, so I may not be as active as I was formally, but I certainly will be popping in now and then to participate in the fun and answer questions. 😃

I think dinosaurs are cooler than dragons. 🦖

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@mariposa YAY!! I’m so happy right now!! *Hugs* We all missed you, Mariposa!!! How are you doing?? 😀 😀

"Though I'm not yet who I will be, I'm no longer who I was."

Ara
    @itisastarrynight

@mariposa Woohoo!! Welcome back, Mari!

I hate to break it to you, but…
    .. Mariposa, spiders are tropical.. *pats shoulder*
    Maybe you’ll learn to love them after all!

Sketching with no reference is like hiking without a map!

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@mariposa Welcome back! And tell Aberdeen hi for me. I love his blog. 😉

Mariposa Aristeo
    @mariposa

@the-fledgling-artist Me too! *hugs you back* 🤗 I’m doing great! I’ve been making a lot of Christmas cards, but now that the holiday season is over, I’m finally going back to writing my books. 😊

How have you been? I’ve really enjoyed seeing all your art on Instagram. 😍

@itisastarrynight
    Thank you, Ara! I’m glad to be back. 🙂

Spiders are tropical? What?! NOOOOOO! *screams* *renounces all love of tropical things and runs to Antarctica* 😜

@evelyn
    Thank you! 😊 I told Aberdeen you said “hi” and he told me to tell you he said “roar” (that’s dinosaurian for hello 😜🦖).

Ariel Ashira
    @ashira

@mariposa I wondered what happened to you!  Glad you are back!

Do you know if Aberdeen is planning any more SE stories?

"No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how hard you fall, you are never out of the fight."

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@mariposa I thought “Rawr” was hello in Dinosourian. 😉

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@mariposa I’ve been great! Right now I’m preparing for a 6 week term of Bible school. (my first time 😮 !!) I have all the butterflies, and I’m so excited to go!  Making Christmas cards had me pretty busy leading up to Christmas, so I’m enjoying my newfound freedom. 😉 How many cards did you make this year? Ohh, and how many books are you working on right now?
    Awww thanks! I’ve been enjoying having somewhere to post my art. ^-^ <3

Catwing
    @catwing

@mariposa Welcome back! *throws feathers* Nice to see you again. Tell Aberdeen he’s doing a good job on his blog. 😉

When your wings are weak and you feel like you can't fly any farther you're halfway there!

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@mariposa

YAY!! I am so glad you are back! You seem like such a fun person!😀❤

You do an awesome job with SE Instagram page! And I love your art and poetry you post on the blog.

Aberdeen the Authorosaurus sounds like quite a dashing, fine fellow…but if he doesn’t like hedgehogs, *lowers voice to a whisper* as in, if he eats them, I am afraid I cannot be his friend and thus must part from you also. Ferdinand the Hedgehog is one of my dearest friends and I could never think of putting him in any danger…😉😛

"But how could you live and have no story to tell?" - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Mariposa Aristeo
    @mariposa

@ashira Aberdeen has lots of ideas for more Raiders of the Lost Arc—but whether he actually gets around to writing them, I don’t know (especially since I’m going to be overworking him the next 3 months 😜🦖).

@evelyn
    Ack! You’re right! Aberdeen told me that “roar” actually translates to “goodbye” or “good morning” (depending on how loud or quiet the roar is 😜). I guess I need to brush up on my dinosaurian. 😂🦖

@the-fledgling-artist
    Wow! That’s exciting! I bet you’ll do great at Bible school.

I ended up making 12 cards (I normally make 5 or 6). I was hoping to make 17, but I went on a trip and wasn’t able to finish. 🙈😕 Next year, I’m starting extra early. 😅 How many cards did you make this year? 🙂

I’m working on editing the first book in my time travel series and in February I’m going to edit the second book.

@catwing
    Thank you (and Aberdeen thanks you too 🦖😊)! He’s actually working on strategies to improve his blog right now and may have some exciting new stuff in the coming months. 😉

@eden-anderson
    Aw, thank you for the warm welcome! ❤️😊

Oh, don’t worry, Aberdeen mostly eats books—never hedgehogs (too prickly and too cute to eat 😉). Aberdeen says he’d like to meet Ferdinand sometime. 🦔 What are Ferdinand’s favorite things to do?

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@mariposa Thank you! 😀 I actually ended up making around 25.. I’m never gonna make that many cards again. *chuckles* Although, it wasn’t as bad as it could’ve been, because all of them looked (mostly) the same, and I used a stamp for part of them. That made it a little faster. I’m sorry you weren’t able to finish, that’s always a bummer. I’m sure the cards you did finish were very special though. ^-^

Oooh, a time travel story? How fun! How long has it been in the works?

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@mariposa

*sighs with relief*

Ahh, that’s good to know that Aberdeen does not eat hedgehogs.😉

Ferdinand loves to cuddle and give hedge-hugs. Sleeping and eating chocolate are also high on his favorite-things-to-do list. He also loves music…Jazz being his preferable genre to listen to. ❤️🦔

Oh, and he also has an odd fascination with yellow sweaters. 😆

Does Aberdeen do other things than eat books and run a blog? Although I’m sure that’s plenty to keep him busy…

"But how could you live and have no story to tell?" - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Catwing
    @catwing

@mariposa Well now I can look forward to them. And Raiders of the Lost Arc too. 🙂

When your wings are weak and you feel like you can't fly any farther you're halfway there!

Chalice
    @chalice

@mariposa, Yay!! You’re back! 😀

ENFP-T/Artist/Writer/Musician
    “Creativity takes courage” -Henri Matisse

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest